SOE balancing ZOE

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by vimorain1, Dec 13, 2013.

1. MuNrOe

For 6 months it was abused before SOE decided to do anything about it. For 6 months players on the NC and TR had to deal with ZOE max's. For 6 months Glowing crabs ran around killing everything in their path. For 6 months Bad players abused the hell out of it. For 6 months comments on L2P came out of the mouths of these players mouths.

Heres a few facts.
    TR lockdown ability - Lose Movement Gain Firepower
    NC Shield - Lose ability to shoot and slow movement Gain Damage Sponge
    Vanu - Gain Speed Gain Damage Lose A little bit of health

The ability to Move in a FPS outweighs pretty much everything. A stationary target in PS2 is a dead target. If anything TR have the short end of the stick here. Yet its been 2 days and already the forums flooded with these BAD vanu players who became used to abusing ZOE.

As stated by many of you "L2P".
  2. vimorain1

i said from start it needs tweak to balance it,but SOE sucks at balancing.look at it now.hurray,now all 3 abilities sucks.happy?
  3. CptFirelord

I laugh every time I see someone say "...keep nerfing VS into the ground".

Please, besides the Swagrider and ZOE nerf, when have you actually received a nerf specific to your faction? I can't seem to put a finger on one besides just those 2 since launch.
  4. Chipay

Well, there are small things, like the recent AI MAX weapons, the shotgun drop that got added while we're still keeping our lower velocity.

But honestly, VS doesn't get nerfed a lot (most of their release weapons actually get buffed, Lancer and Vortex where the latest) because they're most of the time acceptable in terms of performance.

Then there's things you said, the massive Magrider nerf, where it took them 6 months of small buffs to make it to where it is now (according to the forums still not a good spot) and the recent ZOE nerf, which justified or not, was greater than most people anticipated. It leaves a bad taste honestly.
  5. CptFirelord

@Chipay

Right, everyone gets nerfs, but the VS seem to have gotten the least.

I'm sure if someone calculated the number of "nerfs" directed solely at a faction, the TR and NC would vastly outweigh those of the Vanu.

What does this mean? Does it mean the VS are UP so they don't require nerfs? Hardly, in fact that's furthest from the case. Does it mean that the VS are working for the most part as intended, and the other two factions aren't? Most likely.
  6. Ronin Oni

lol wut?

Mag rider and ZOE have both been nerfed to near oblivion. Mags got rebuffed to a reasonable state... but only outperform Vanguards statistically because of hunting infantry. It's easily the worst Tank v Tank MBT

ZOE is pointless now. It's just an inferior mobility ability. I'd much rather have either of the other faction abilities in it's place... even if I didn't use it much, I could actually use it to have a different ability.

Everyone got nerfed this patch... well, not NC as much except where the nerf was global... but there were a lot of global nerfs.
  7. CptFirelord

You take your mobility for granted. Try using Lockdown for a while, you'll stop after about 5 minutes when people start figuring out where you are.
  8. vanu123

Where is the data, where are the stats?
  9. vanu123

Just make sure you have dedicated infantry forces around you.
  10. vanu123

The VS max had a better KD then the scat max? I strongly doubt that. If it is true, it is probably due to the smaller but better max users in the VS. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw a population drop because more than just ZOE was nerfed. Also alot of VS put down ZOE after the 1st nerf it got.
  11. vanu123

No, I will still be doing it.
  12. vanu123

So it should be hit with a nerf hammer and not tweaked so that it still has a reason to be pulled over charge?
    TR you need infantry support and you can sit there for as long as you want
    NC shield is the best Max crashing tool and is mobile cover.
  13. MuNrOe

14. Ronin Oni

oh no, you gotta move every 5 minutes?

I think relocating every minute or 2 goes without saying before someone you killed gets smart and comes back for revenge. Obviously, you also need someone watching your back.
  15. vimorain1

2 things.from newer nerfs -slug on out shotguns is getting bulletdrop.so much about having unique feature,huh?
    secondly.its also problem that many our weapons are pretty bad outright.we get worst starting pistols,and overall worst ones generally.out Heavy assault get Lasher,where you get jackhammer/minigun,at which lasher is basically automatic flare gun.
    our specific rocket launcher does less damage than throwing rocks...should I continue or you getting the idea?!
  16. vimorain1

we get least of nerfs because majority of our weapons under-perform.check spreadsheet
  17. vimorain1

as I saidbefore,it needed tweak,but SOE sucks in balancing,and BAD players on NC and TR trolling forums day and night didn't help .now tell me honestly,should I not go and spam NC hax-max is op?! i had someone ,NC,by the way,telling me,''I cannot wait till my hax-max crashes your vanu party!'' I always asked for balance. problem is,if people troll instead of suggesting viable solution,SOE overnerf things.Like with magrider few months back.or,also,out shotguns are getting bulletdrop,but keeping lowest velocity .nerf again.everything good in vanu arsenal is getting ****.
  18. TheBuddha

What am I missing?

Splattermax = own
    Zoe. = own
    Lockdown. = lol

If anything the tr needed a little help with the max ability. Maybe make lockdown turn on like an invis cloak. Instant on, but timer burns and needs recharge period? The insta-on would be the key..recharge should be very quick, (timer discourages camping a bit)
    • Up x 1
  19. Paulus

SOE Don't usually make them public, although I believe you can make websites that use an API call to pull that data. That being said, Matt Higby recently put up a few photos of this data on his Twitter feed, which i've linked below

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/410952212005658624/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/410904834057842688/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/410900825737687040/photo/1

now imagine something for a moment, this is a chart based on only a small number of perimeters like time spent in that spec, kills in that spec and XP gained. Imagine how much more info they have which they are constantly generating with every mouse click of the user base. I guess you didn't know they have this capability. If not, then rest assured and take comfort from it, they do, and this is where the fact and fiction get separated.
  20. vimorain1

what are you missing?info.
    ZOE now still gives massive increase to damage taken,but only 10% increase to output damage upclose ONLY.its not even buff now,its debuff,handicap.