Shotguns are Planetside's "Noob Tube"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dBus, Jul 11, 2014.

1. JibbaJabba

Sorry, I don't buy that argument. SOE doesn't have any qualms about charging money for all the designs. They should at least make it so you can visually tell the difference between a shotgun and an SMG.

I don't buy this argument either.
  2. dasichri

All these people complainin bout shotguns, im just like, what shotguns?

I rarely get killed by them compared to any other weapon, and they are only effective at really close range, 10+ meters and any other weapon begins to win out over it.

I see no problem.

The only thing somewhat rage worthy i guess is jackhammer in burst fire mode.

at least pump shotguns, that do also one hit kill, if you miss you gotta reload and shoot again

shotguns btw are also bad at sustained fire and supression.

shotguns have their place
  3. Goldmonk

There is a difference in the design between a shotgun and an SMG, though barely noticeable. Also, in the heat of battle are you going to take the time to think if a guy is holding a shotgun or an SMG. I doubt it, you're going to shoot him and ask questions later.
  4. DQCraze

It goes back to OHK weapons. I think the shotties are great indoor tools which are good for defending. They are also good tools for shock troops(Galaxy Drops). I dont really see them that much but i know ive racked up a ton of kills with my phobos.
  5. Scr1nRusher

Welcome to Forumside.

Expect a "Beamer is op" thread at some point in the future.
    • Up x 2
  6. Goldmonk

With these two whiners (dBus and stevenmadcap) I wouldn't be surprised at all. Maybe we can get a "Sun is OP" or a "Water needz a buff" thread.
    • Up x 2
  7. GaBeRock

Ground OP! Nerf Trees!
    • Up x 3
  8. Scr1nRusher

Terrain OP! Nerf pebbles and grains of sand that flip tanks!
    • Up x 2
  9. Goldmonk

Bacon OP! Nerf Pig!
    • Up x 1
  10. Atis

They cowardly jumped me when I was in my MLG ESF! So cheesy and no skill at all!
    • Up x 2
  11. Corporate Thug

The letters O and P are fine until they're combined, and once you combine them, they become all too powerful, Especially on the forums.
    • Up x 2
  12. Goldmonk

Although lets get serious again. Shotguns maybe OP, but they are meant to be used in CQC. So if you complain about getting killed by shotties do one of two things: 1) Start picking them off from out of their range, or 2) Grab your own shottie and have some fun.
  13. Zotamedu

Well unless you are using a shotgun yourself, it's generally a goo idea to have a decent distance to enemies anyway. All encounters turns into a complete game of chance when you are right in front of each other.

When in doubt, shoot first and then you can check the corpse for the specific gun.

BTW, the gun models are a performance issue. Reusing assets cost a lot less RAM and power to handle than having many unique items.
    • Up x 1
  14. NC supporter

I think we can all agree that OP is incorrect and shut down the thread as well.
    • Up x 1
  15. Posse

You can't keep a decent distance in many bases, and besides, if I'm using a CQC weapon, I'm going to try and be at hipfiring range, duh.

That's the damn problem, the TTK difference between shotguns and CQC carbines is bigger than between CQC carbines and long range ARs/LMGs
    • Up x 1
  16. Inex

If you're using a shotgun too, what are you worried about?
    "Noob Tube" and "OP" are not the same thing, nor do they even overlap in scope.
    • Up x 2
  17. Posse

There's something called SMG, and there are also things called CQC carbines (VX6-7, Lynx, GD7-F, Serpent)
  18. Liberty

Being good is diving into a nest of unaware people, tossing your C4 / nades, gunning 2 or 3 down then dying. And then rocking a sub 1 K/D until you can do it again.
  19. Inex

Which are all better at much farther ranges than shotguns. Almost as if they traded some CQC effectiveness for some ability to function at range.
  20. Dis

Much bad in here. Dear god the bad.