Server Maintenance March 14th 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

since this patch my ping in game has spiked to over 1000ms to even 10,000ms in some cases and lasting for a few seconds. my normal ping has also gone up more than it should when it isn't spiking. Was fine before the patch. Also, death screen is showing people or things that killed you before the current death, so it is showing the previous and is out of sync at least by one kill if not more.

There is an old saying. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. Seems something that wasn't broken was fixed and now it is broken.
  2. Wrutek

No class quiz for other two characters and now my game keeps crashing. I never liked patches in games cause it almost always makes the game worse til they add another patch or 2 to clear up current patch but then you have new problems that won't be fixed til they patch again.....lol.
  3. Lord Pheonix

You know what would be nice. I know once every month just one of the weekends there is a double (triple if it's a holiday) the amount of certs you get. The reason for this is so then the people who play the game for free and not spend 7 dollars for a gun or 15 dollars each month for extra certs have a nice boost for those players who don't spend money. If you don't spend money it takes a very long and tedious amount of time to get the things they want, and if your not good at the game (it doesn't matter what level you because I'm a 31 and I'm just the worst at the game with a K/D of 0.6) it takes forever to even get to 100 certs and you just get tired because you look a the death screen for hours upon hours wondering "How am I going to get any certs". And if you think "Oh that's just how you feel about this," well there's many of people like me just tired of the millions of years it takes to get anything. But that's just an idea for SOE to think about while they work their butts off to make you happy with the game and find all the glitches and problems with Planet Side 2

Oh, I almost forgot. There is a glitch with the MAXes where you go into one and then die and come back as a soldier you can't shoot and do anything but knife people.
  4. SirJMD

How is it possible that EVERY SINGLE patch break so much?

And yet another THANK YOU for pissing all over EU prime time.
  5. SidCom

Hmm, experienced that also on the weekend. Every 3rd or 4rd death screen showed weird data like a stat from the previous killer rather then the current or something inconsistent about dmg or no killer picture.. ie. i was killed 100% by a tank, but it shows just an killer with an SMG with NS/NV.. Seems like a bit buggy.
  6. ysjy

what time will maint finish?
  7. Zabo

I'm afraid you're posting in an old thread.
  8. ddraig

That's because there is no thread to ask the question in.

This is ridiculous:

"Status: 4/1/2014 6:00 PDT - The game is currently down for scheduled maintenance."

Scheduled? Why were we not informed? Why was it not on the client screen when I started up planetside? Why did it happen with 20 minutes to go in a 1-hour alert?

This is shockingly incompetent. I'm just astonished at how this has been handled tonight.
    • Up x 5
  9. ShotMeTender

By the GOD SAKE, fix all bugs and start to add straight bolts and refresh old weapons with new stats, new players should have something better then remixed CoD s**t
  10. ddraig

sure, cool - but as a BARE MINIMUM at least warn us when the server is going down for "scheduled" maintenance.

What does "scheduled" mean, in SoE-land, anyways. In the dimension I inhabit, it means "known in advance and occurring at a decided-upon time" and in the SoE-dimension it appears to mean "when the server crashes because we turned it off, instead of due to a bug bringing it down"

Please rejoin the same reality as the rest of us, SoE, thanks.

I'm off to play titanfall - a boring, dull game - but at least I don't expect much from it - unlike this game, where my expectations are being rapidly lowered.
  11. ddraig

I mean, it's not like there is *even a thread to discuss this in*
  12. DieHard2Live3

Got that right. Was not expecting server downtime until it said "Maintenance in 20m".

Was a rude call to an otherwise good alert.

C'mon SOE. Why wasn't there any prior thread? Is this supposed to be an April Fools day joke?

Might have to ask Kaz Hirai to temporarily take over at this point...
  13. ddraig

As the server was going down I tabbed out and checked here. Nothing.

I'd just been timed out and had to restart my client - nothing.
  14. dogzila

there is in:
    General Technical Support

Anyone know what the unannounced maintenance is about?
  15. equinub

We'll have to assume emergency "scheduled" maintenance by "The Best Company In The World". :rolleyes:

Normally customers would receive atleast a few hours to days warning of impending maintenance. :confused:

Perhaps they're afraid magburners will now reach the mooooooooon.... :eek:
  16. ddraig

yeah I just saw this. The entire thing is ridiculous. The moment some other company develops a game with this scale PS2 will die, as everyone decides to care as much about SoE as SoE (obviously) cares about us.