Server Maintenance March 14th 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Maulace

How about re-releasing the Quiz for those who were rewarded with items they already owned...I literally got an entire kit of items I already had.
  2. kipple12

Hey I've been getting a bug where the only comms that i can hear is prox chat. Is that something that you guys can fix?
  3. Ongeki

Things Players hate about the new patch.

1) The Death Screen, its god awful in every way. Showing which way your killer attacked you from fundamentally nerfs infantry.

2) Liberators being buffed so much that now you practically see no one on the ground...just skies filled with liberators.

3) Nerfing headshots...seriously you guys wanted to make it harder to play infantry and steer everyone into using liberators...thats what this patch has implied.

I hated everything you guys changed. Spectacularly horrible job listening to your player base.
    • Up x 1
  4. eBlaise

Please don't claim things in "everyone's" name.

I for one like the new death screen, and as I've pointed out earlier, the attack direction was an information already known, via the hit indicator, so no "fundamental nerfs" here.

I cannot comment on libs, been on for like 8 hrs since the patch, not a single lib seen, nor been killed by one, so what about lib filled skies, but without encountering any, I cannot say if they'd become too powerful or not.

No comment on headshots, good snipers still nail me in the head.
  5. Rhapsody

I dont mind the new death Screen itself.

That f'ing Kill-Cam clone needs to go though.
  6. Vlindertje

I dont realy care abouth the death screen.
    Was anoying at first, but im kinda over it, its a thing to get used too.

As for headshots nerfed, Thank god! Im so tired being one shotted even when running and jumping like a crazy mofo.
    To many snipers...
    • Up x 1
  7. f0d

i dont mind the death screen or killcam
    since we have dorito spotting which is even worse than killcam/deathscreen the killcam doesnt bother me at all

i would rather get rid of them both but if you have the worse one (dorito spotting) you might as well have kill cam also
  8. DandaNgsan

Your only getting information you would've already have if you were paying attention to what was happening on your screen. Whats happening now is people are getting information they wouldn't have had if they weren't paying any attention to whats going on the screen.
  9. Akeita

Umm... Faster rage quit... Delicious
    • Up x 1
  10. iPlague

Still not able to use the "questionnaire" on my other characters. Free stuff plz
  11. CLAYTONIUS

I think the devs need to take more time on these updates. You don't have to rush them out so quickly. Just get them done and then get them out. And always put the changes on the test server BEFORE putting them on the live server. We simply need more time to test and bug scavenge the updates.
  12. Aryan Saple

Cant access the TR class quiz on the Waterson server
    ughhh I was waiting or those weapons to come....
  13. CLAYTONIUS

Also, am I the only one that has been having issues with my graphics card resetting mid-game? For some reason my screen will just turn completely black and then come back on again after a few seconds. (from what I've read, it is my graphics card resetting. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.) I have the GTX 780 with all the latest drivers and goodies; but I have never had this issue on any other game. At all... I don't know if it's the most recent patch or not but I really need help with this. I didn't spend $1200 on a computer just to not run my favorite game...
  14. XiloTheOdd

still not talking about the nVidia card users suffering black screens? this has gone on for awhile i would imagine it'd be MENTIONED in an update as a concern.
  15. XiloTheOdd

it is an issue for nVidia card users specifically. its gone on for almost a month now i think. i could be wrong.
  16. Aelyn

I don't know if anyone else have noticed or even has the same problem. Well, it's just a minor problem really, but when I select C4 - that is, when I have it equipped and switch to it either by scrolling down or pressing 3, there is some twitchy arm motion getting all over my screen. It almost looks like I'm slapping myself with the detonator and needless to say, it looks really stupid and can be quite annoying in the heat of the battle, say, if you're trying to get over a tank surrounded by enemies or something similar. This was not present before yesterday's update.
  17. Rhapsody

Its an issue with Nvidia Drivers and Planetside 2.

Your not alone. they mentioned reverting back to some 32X.XX drivers i think... but the Newer cards (like the 700+ series) i dont think even work with drivers that aged.

We will just hae to wait for SOE to fix their code.. or for Nvidia to release a driver that fixes whatever SOE dosnt fix.
  18. TeaDiver

Ohh, and I thought it was my system screwing it up. So ... yep, got an Nvidia card, yep, have been getting periodic GPU crashes for the past month or so too.
  19. Rhapsody

Thats a glitch i get sometimes myself. Happens aparently when you die while trying to change weapons.

Sofar, the quick and easy 'fix' for it is to change to your pistol, shoot once, then reload.

The reload animation seems to fix the 'flapping arm' bug.
  20. Klypto

Will be needing that.