Server Maintenance for Game Update June 19th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Ziggle

Theres 1 nc in connery.... what kind of sorcery is this....
  2. Wezdor

Could you guys fix the bug where you can shoot through facility shields from 260m+ and hit vehicles inside? it's even more gamebreaking than being able to shoot into spawn, since vehicles actually render at that range.
  3. yasinzz

killing lib for valkyrie .... nice job!
    • Up x 1
  4. yasinzz

seriosly , agree this! makes me crazy ...
  5. FinneganKaspar

My thoughts on this update:

Before reading some comments here, I would have been all for this, no questions asked (as an infantry-man, I like my skies clear and blue).
    Claims of the Lib being a hard counter to ground vehicles left me with mixed feelings about this nerf though ; I certainly can see the downside this nerf would bring to that point-of-view.
    But as it stands, I think that rounds that are supposed to penetrate armor should exactly do that, no exceptions ; the raised difficulty of actually hitting a flying object with tank rounds should compensate.

Good thing.
    Not really important for me since I already frequently scan the sky in a paranoid fashion (thanks, enemy pilots).

I like it.
    Almost a no-brainer for me: anti-tank rounds most effective against tanks and less effective against infantry?
    Sounds reasonable.

Hm, don't know about this one.
    The weapon itself seems meant to be something in-between Dalton and Duster.
    For that role, adjustments sound adequate.

The right adjustments for its role.
    Here's a carpet-bombing tool for you.
    I already hate it.

The blast damage reduction sounds good ; I think, armor piercing ammo should have a very tight blast damage radius, if any at all, like in this case.
    Reduction of ammo capacity I'm not sure about.
    In this case and other aircraft-related cases I tend to believe ammo capacity reduction is a good thing, minimizing the time aircraft can linger over one spot and generally making it more of a recurring, fast engaging threat ; making more tactical thinking necessary, for both offenders and defenders.

Stabilized tank turrets?
    Awesome.
    Not a nerf for the Magrider in my opinion but rather an overdue elimination of an unfair advantage.

As a non-flyer, can't say much about this.
    I didn't have the feeling the missiles were dealing too much damage ; I'm curious how this will play out.

Again, no clue.
    If I were to be an egotistical ***, I would say that every air-nerf is welcome.
    But I'm not.
    So I won't.

Seems illogical.
    Why have AP rounds when resistance negates most of the AP part?
    I say this didn't need to be buffed.

Haven't tried it yet.
    No comment.

I like it.
    After all, it's my mine, and what is my mine is mine and therefor my xp.
    Mine!

Yes, yes, yes, to all of that.
    No more ammo-placing-mini-games ("Find the B button, then find the right spot"), finally.

Very good.
    Just wondering why this wasn't implemented sooner, seems so obvious now.

Always a good thing.
    Can't wait to find all the newly introduced bugs.
    "Gotta catch 'em all!"

And that's my opinion for you.
    As always, let's see how things work out in-game.
    Overall, a very good update.

Finnegan
    • Up x 2
  6. Tbone

Well said.Very well said.
    • Up x 4
  7. Kemano

I am really wondering why I would continue to use the Jackhammer on my heavy and not just pick up a Baron and also have it on other classes or with slugs... considering I don't get much benefit from burst-fire and I really don't feel the april balance changes to the Jackhammer are really having any reasoning at this point considering the NS Baron is a nearly identical weapon but available to anyone
  8. lNeBl

I'll chalk this up to naivete. Actually I can't. You cant honestly believe this is an unfair advantage but a godshield is perfectly acceptable.

Anyways,
    The stabilization was the only thing going for the mag really. Unfair advantage would be having stronger armor, stronger weapons, faster projectiles, a free rotating turret, faster speed, smaller hitboxes, and way better ES abilities. Oh wait, that's the NC and TR tanks! The magrider is the slowest, lowest dps, lowest shell velocity, and largest hitbox tank in the game already plus it has a fixed turret that can't rotate, and a horrific third person view that shows nothing. Let's not forget it has the lowest gun elevation of any tank and it can't shoot up for anything.

Yea I don't see how the stabilized turret put it at some unfair advantage... If anything it kind of helped combat its ginormous number of flaws and short-comings. I don't mind giving other tanks stabilization, but it goes without saying (or should have, wtb useful devs) that the mag needs a buff to compensate.

Imagine if they just gave all tanks the Vanguard's armor and velocities/damage, but gave the Vanguard nothing in return...

There's a reason the mag doesn't perform very well in Tank V Tank situations without being incredibly better than your opponent. And that was before this super buff to the Vanguard and Prowler today. But at least we can make sick jumps with our 1 second magburn!

And as has been stated hundreds of times, outside of very distant engagements, where fighting is futile anyways, the magrider's strafe cannot actually dodge a shell fired at it because the strafe is so slow.

No maggie tanker should even think of attacking an enemy tank after this update.
  9. FinneganKaspar

@INeBI
    Being able to properly aim a tank cannon while on the move while the other two factions have to play sitting-duck to aim I see as an unfair advantage, yes.
    I'm glad it's standard for all factions now.
    Personally, I find the agility of the VS tank an advantage that holds up to the other factions' advantages.
    Be it as it may, as always, actual gameplay will speak the truth.
    So if I see legions of VS tanks bombarded into the ground without standing a chance, I'll be among the first to ask for improvement on that front.
    • Up x 1
  10. Silver Fox

How does this follow exactly?
  11. Alyz

Can't wait :( (seriously though, there's no indicator saying it's not ready...)
  12. CoRRh

Seems they removed my comments criticizing them. Oh well. I still stand by what I said. BUT! I'm not going to argue this here because I contact SOE support instead.

Here is my constructive criticism: SOE, thanks for all you do, but please don't make unreasonable deadlines for yourselves. As said in my original post, I love this game and the wonderful minds that made it. It pains me to see the game take any sort of negative blow. This is a nice update, and the one next week will be very welcome.
    Hossin looks great. The outfit recruitment looks good. Curious as to how Outfit base capture works. And continent locking will be the bane of Indar-Camping. Also, out of curiosity, when is the server smash to decide the name of the merge? and how long after the smash do yall plan on merging?
    • Up x 1
  13. cruczi

When the front page of the forum says teh servers are LOCKED it means it's not done yet
  14. Alyz

Yeah, my fault I didn't check that. I just ran the client, it updated fine and then I clicked on "play" without any indication *there* that it won't work. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about the front page.
  15. CoRRh

Just glad that those ZAPS kiddos on Waterson will have a harder time destroying my armored/shielded vanguard in 3 seconds with a tankbuster/shredder combo.

"ALL HAIL THE FLYING PURPLE SHOOTY MACHINE! MAYBE IF WE OFFER IT OUR VIRGINS IT WON'T TRY TO DESTROY US!"
  16. PWGuy93

Taking a break from todays play to come here to the forums to say, THANK YOU. Players are playing, not hiding in spawn rooms, tanks and sunderers are all over having ground play, yeah! We can play instead of hiding from ONE type of vehicle.

Plenty of Liberators out, but they take damage now and don't hover, guess that simple change to ammo is forcing them reload YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  17. AKAFogle

The Lib Nerf is just way over the top here, like the 40 rounds maximum for the Dalton? Theres no need for that. The 40 rounds maximum makes it so you really cant high altitude bomb or that you'll run out of ammo fighting an ESF.

And what did the zepher do? Almost no one (whos a veteran at libing) used that and you nerfed it any ways, that was the anti infantry gun and now with the duster being adjusted it is literally going to be an empty gun slot and have no purpose. Also I laughed when you said the zepher was better at killing harasser because we all know when ever good lib pilots want to kill harasser we take out the zepher and murder it instantly, this update feels like those who created it are out of touch with how the game balance and the meta actually is.

The problem with the duster is not the splash radius its the accuracy of the thing that makes it so if you're more than 10 feet off the ground you cant hit anything, adjusting the splash radius is indirectly helping but not outright solving the problem.

Libs were not over powered what happened is they received a buff (last update with stock armor resistance changes) when they clearly didnt need one at all. That made them more survivable than they should be but the belly guns were not overpowered.
    • Up x 2
  18. Pacster

Seriously? Well, I think you got that opinion exclusively. Congrats.
  19. Pootisman

The bug fixes! :eek:

Looks like some of the most annoying bugs have been fixed! FINALLY

I alreadi thought SOE doesnt give sh*t about bugs fixes because some of these bugs were in the game for ages.
  20. FinneganKaspar

@Pacster
    Like you said, it's an opinion, based on my experiences.
    If my experiences change, so might my opinion.