Server Maintenance for Game Update June 19th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Libpilot

Thanks to all the 1/12 Farmers that have now made the lib a little bit more pointless in a 48+ fight where most of these weapons are meant to be used. The Duster is pathetic and the rear lock on missile launcher is terrible still! WTG NNG
  2. Nemetis

If you are not NC, each day you will stay more disappointed with the game ..The day will come when NC's will not have more to enemies to fight. Just see the NC super population on CERES .. What is the motivation of someone choose TR or Vanu this days? none!
  3. Silver Fox

How were NC shotguns buffed?
  4. WALLAC3

I like most of the changes, but I think the airhammer nerf went way too far. I a character in each faction and rotate around, and I have to say the reaver really sucks in general compared to either the scythe or the mossie. The air hammer was the one unique cool thing it had going for it. The relatively minor increase in close range damage and increase in clip size don't come close to making up that range cut. If I now have to fly in 50m from infantry to take them out, I'll be a sitting duck for hip shot dumb fire missile attacks. Scythe and mossie both have very nice primary anti infantry guns, which both have way better range. plus they both fly way smoother. The reaver needs a boost not a nerf.
  5. ollister

nope not fixed, happen even more now.
  6. toadinabag

i swear i could die happy right now, the dalton has been the bane of my existence for over a year now, now all the br100's that camp in the sky and rein blitzkrieg at any sign of movement like hillbilies tossing dynamite into a fishing hole will be forced to actually use it for it's intended purpose, what a concept.
    • Up x 4
  7. KimKardashian

where is all the Soccer (football) stuff!!! :(
  8. snipesharkVS

ok I just discovered via your notes that the rever/scyths/mosquitos all have different amounts of HP so how is this equal? wouldn't it be the right thing to do if you made them ALL THE SAME!! I mean really cmon giving one more HP than the other or less should be completely out of the friggen question WTF!!
  9. Bernd Lauert

The real imbalance of the liberator is not in its armor resistance or weapons. It's the simple fact that, other than everything else, it can't be suicide c4'ed. And that is because c4 is the uber-nade supercede-everything AV/Anti-Max Weapon in the game. Balance c4 by introducing an anchoring delay (think of infiltrator hacking a terminal). It's the goardian knot of balancing in ps2. This would in one sweep give AV and Anti-Max Weapons and most of the nades their role back and open the door to get everything in balance, including tanks and maxes. Most important it balances deployed spawn sundys which atm have only the 30 secs survivability it takes the inevitable suicide-c4-bomber to move from the spawn to it's position (unless you're lucky there are only uncerted noobs in the camp with no access to c4 nor the clue to use it).

PS: in some way thats also related to the stupid drop-tank-mines-under-parked-vehicle mechanic.
  10. Smitty Werben

The BIG downside of c4 is the need to get close to your target, maxes can kill you while you throw it, as well as tanks, there needs to be a way to get rid of a vehicle somewhat reliably, engies can just repair the sundie quicker than a HA can damage it. C4 is high risk vs. high reward, and most of the time this won't work, at least if anyone is paying attention.
  11. geekrider

Because they are balanced by the abilities. Reaver has highest afterburner speed, Scythe is most manoeuvrable, Mosquito has highest top speed
  12. Smitty Werben

I think all 3 esfs got the same health pool, though i am not sure, here they are talking about rocket pods, which for the TR fire the fastest with the smallest damage per rocket(also larger magazine) and for the NC fire the slowest, thus the highest on hit damage and lowest magazine size.
  13. Smitty Werben

I think the VS seriously needs an overhaul, the main population on Miller ised to be TR way ago, but the other factions were not underpoped, i believe NC and TR have about the same population right now, but VS is just not existent anymore, it really sucks to foght against NC most of the time :/
  14. Kislany

My main problem with this latest update is that the game is hitching so badly I can hardly play. Last night it was pretty much unplayable. I walked 4 steps, the game stopped for a few seconds. Walked again, hitched again.

And yes, I do have an older pc, but it's definitely worse for me than it was before just 2 months ago. Before I was hitching when dying or when an explosion happened around me, etc. Now I'm hitching even in an empty base on Esamir. Unplayable :(
  15. Slaggard

Please get rid of the intrusive HUD. It's so not necessary.

The middle of the screen on an FPS should be ultra clean for targeting. All the information being conveyed by these new semi-circle indicators are fine on the edge of the screen.

Cramming stuff in the middle of my screen like that actually chased me away from my last game. Man, I hope this does not last.

Signed,
    Concerned
  16. Dakster

There is a configuration option in Settings to put the HUD back to where it was Slaggard.
  17. Seuchensaal

Just go to options, uncheck "Centralized HUD" and you are ready to play like you are used to.
  18. cruczi

Fail!

Not because it can be turned off, but because centralized HUD is awesome. It makes managing cloak so much simpler, tells you when to back off of a fight, and it doesn't obstruct the view at all once you get used to it.
  19. andy_m

why is the game down for "scheduled maintenance?"

where is it scheduled???
    • Up x 1
  20. Tykune

Not on the forums, obviously.