Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Trooper4211

I play as a mag driver since the beta and i'm always in my tank, but I don't want a game just with tanks, I played that and it was boring, that's why I play PS2. I agree that the infantry and vehicles are very imbalanced and SOE doesn't seem to want or know how to balance them properly.

My view on the current state of vehicles, and I'm sure I will get a lot of hate replies for this, is that they are severely under-powered compared to infantry, and they seem to be getting worse and worse. A tank should be feared when on the battlefield, it should be a spear-tip that drives it's allies forward. Infantry should work together in groups to take down a tank or better yet, bring their own tank to deal with it, instead most infantry run towards tanks with launchers or C4 in hand to score some easy certs. Tanks are pathetic, they are easily destroyed by a single engi sitting on a hill with an AV MANA, or blasted to pieces by lock-on launchers that turn a simple infantry unit into something that can go toe-to-toe with a metal behemoth and win.

I don't want tanks and tank drivers to become invincible on the battlefield but I don't want them to be treated like 2nd class players either, getting nerfed on almost every update or having infantry buffed to destroy vehicles better and faster.
    • Up x 4
  2. InvitroCanibal

Because they got "DATA" and all you got is logic
    • Up x 7
  3. mogveil

Not to worry, that happens frequently during the updates. Your character will be intact.
    • Up x 2
  4. Nemmay

Guys, I'm pretty sure SOE knows that they goofed with this patch; we need to be calm and collect our critique in a well organized manner preferably in a topic dedicated to it that would need to be moderated to keep the craziness away.

We need to be concise about what's wrong, what needs to be fixed, and we probably need a roll back to the previous update, but that's just my personal opinion.

To get this ball rolling, we need a topic dedicated to listing issues that need to be corrected in a well formatted manner; that way, someone will be able to compile all of this information into a well structured topic so SOE doesn't have to go through a million posts to see what everyone is mad about (even though a lot of it is obvious).

SOE, I completely understand that developers have a vision and have stuff they're set on working on; as a developer myself, albeit a different type, I understand how overwhelming it can be to be bombarded by an entire player-base.

I'm sure all of us love Planetside 2, we can get through these rough times and continue to have fun and fight the good fight on Auxaris; but please, I would appreciate if everyone reading this post would take what I'm saying into consideration and contribute to a consolidated topic for listing the information required for the single structured topic (could be the same topic) that is well formatted listing all that we want done.

• I've been informed by various players that the certification refund "failed" for them and they barely got anything back, this needs to be fixed ASAP.
    • Sony, please do something about the diminishing play-base and bring people back in, because I miss the days, like many others, where I could go on any continent and have at the very least a medium scale battle. One way to do this would be to hold monthly events that involves the three factions competing against each other more aggressively and go on every social medium platform to let EVERYONE know that Auraxis needs them.
    • As much as I hate myself to say this, you could also try bring in e-famous video game commentators, critics, etc etc, to "lead' factions that will bring their following with them; this could and would probably result in some of those people sticking around. Yes, I'm aware of the Angry Joe Army and I'm happy to see people like AJ trying to mobilize groups within various online games.
    • Heck, convince Angry Joe to lead the Terran Republic during some type of event, temporarily, so maybe we'll get a massive influx of players in the game; and no, not all of them will stick with TR, it'll probably end up spread out among all three factions eventually.
    • Just please give the player-base what they want, listen to your loyal customers; heck, maybe get in contact with every large outfit leader in the game or representatives of large outfits, set up a private Teamspeak server, and just have a sit down with them and listen to some critique from people who play and lead within the game. The community and the developers need a more effective way to come together and figure out what should be done, instead of putting out patches with seemingly (I could be wrong) random, pointless, and lame nerfs in the game.
    • I know there's ALOT I should be putting in bullet points at the moment, but there's just too many problems in game to list, not enough bullet points in the world to even pull it off after this latest patch.
    • Most importantly, please don't abandon the PC players in favor of the PS4 players, a lot of us do not have the spare money to get a PS4 to continue playing the game; besides, it's best to play with mouse and keyboard. Develop a specialized mouse and keyboard for the PS4 for use with the PS4 version and release it around April, allow character transfers, and then I might consider it. Heck, if you go with my prior idea, then maybe cross-platform may be viable.
    • I apologize if I have offended anyone in the community, staff included, I'm just typing stuff off the top of my head while listening to a lot of talking on Teamspeak.

NOTE

I'm a loyal Planetside player, and it's probably my most played game as of lately; I just want to see the game succeed and have a good time playing with my fellow TR and fighting the NC and VS.

Don't bother flaming me, if anyone wants to hear further opinions feel free to leave me a private message or something of the sort. Have a good time everyone, I'll see you all on Waterson when I can get into the game, I'm going to continue playing despite my disappoint with the latest patch, as I hope the rest of the community will do as well.

• Up x 2
  5. Renuse

So if you scroll through all the comments so far, and rate then as either pro patch or **** this **** patch, you will find that about 90% of the comments are nay on the patch..... Some are "oh yeah thats cool, but this still kinda sucks" others "omg im going to kill myself and quit PS2" and a raaarree few "GJ PS2 Team and SOE. I love you."

lol.

Oh and the servers are down.

And I wonder what devs are actively reading these comments?
    • Up x 2
  6. UnluckyFriedKitten

o_O

Zoe nerfed.

How is it that you didn't say "Finally" and "that was a good idea". Are you vanu?

Surely you still said "nerfed the vulcan, eh that was expected".
    • Up x 1
  7. joey0341

i got a frosty, it gave 650 xp
  8. UnluckyFriedKitten

I actually feel reasonably positive about this patch, yeah they nerfed some of my toys, but there is always something else if you dont like the way it is now.

Its always the people that are pissed of that shout the loudest. I just never shut up :)
    • Up x 3
  9. skillerboy123

the servers doesnt work but hope you gonna fix it btw when is the battle island released??
  10. InvitroCanibal

I think SOE is too busy trying to figure out what happened to the Cat in the Hat and whether Cats truely can wear top hats? If only the Data could tell them.
  11. amm0-rat

it's not just her, i have spent ages looking at all the kit people wear, think the art department for ps2 has done a very good job.
    • Up x 1
  12. UnluckyFriedKitten

Chill Bill,

Weird stuff happens when stuff is patched. I lost my NC char for a few days a while back. It came back after a short while.

Just be patient.
  13. Cracken113

Realy "nice" balance now you can add BFR (Battle Frame Robotic) from Planetside1 to ruin this game completly
    • Up x 2
  14. Renuse

HAHAHAAH.

"DATA"

Awesome.
  15. MaxDamage

Nerfing ZOE clearly resulted in unforseen consequences to the space/time continuum.
    • Up x 2
  16. Tenebrae Aeterna

What do you speak of?
  17. Sakuragi

Where is my characters ? -.-'
  18. TheCuqui

First reactions are mostly negative reactions because first reactions are visceral reactions by nature. When reading the comments, most of the "opinions" are just invalid (without explanation, or based on a explicit greediness and a partial view of the issue). After all, whiners gonna whine.
    No wonder some people think SOE doesn't hear their customers... many of their customers only emit a sound known as noise.
    In any case, the only thing that matters now is all the headshots I'm gonna score with my buffed T1B-Cycler and TRAC-5 Burst, best 100 credits investment ever, huehuehue :p
    • Up x 1
  19. SE7ENofN9NE

I am 100% pleased with this patch, for all my characters/factions. OP got less OP, UP got less UP. whiners gonna whine, i'm gonna game. see you crybabies on the battlefield.
    • Up x 4
  20. Hosokawa

I really like the buff to the AMR-66. It was already my favorite rifle before. I also can't wait to try the changes to the M12 Kobalt and the M20 Basilisk.