Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Hoki

[IMG]

"lol wut"

• Up x 1
  2. Benjamin2501

My thoughts on the patch:

I analyzed many hours of my left hand and felt it some of my fingers were performing a bit better than others. Here are the adjustments made after the ZOE nerf.

Raised middle finger to 100 percent
    Lowered all other fingers to Zero percent

Please try adding content, counter measures, vehicles, instead of watering down what is currently available.
    • Up x 1
  3. AirSuicide

Despite the vulgarity here, this is relatively funny.

In any case, there are a lot of things that happen that we don't agree with, however there are reasons for them despite the fact that many of them are unknown to the general player base or do not make sense from a player standpoint. While ZOE was slightly over powered, I am positive this is not the reason ZOE was changed entirely. If it was, a few value changes would ahve been made rather then a complete re write of the code.

In addition, many things are changed not because there is anything wrong with them currently, but also because they may interfere with upcoming additions, fixes or repairs. When balancing a game you have to look at all angles, not simply what is currently going on, but what will go on in the future.

ZOE probably interfered with something in it's past state and so it was changed. It may be changed again in the future, or even reverted to it's original state (albeit in a more balanced form with different coding), Then again it may not. Time will tell.

Mal
  4. eqicueck

server is still down? I can not log into the game after patch.
  5. AirSuicide

I've been reading this thread for a while, made some outlandish comments, etc, but here's some reality from me:

When being developed this game had very very specific guidelines for what each faction, vehicle etc would do, what role it would play (At least in the heads of those in charge of development). However in reality, it didn't turn out that way.

Players I find are very creative, very intuitive, resourceful, and very challenging to keep in "roles".

Some of the things planed were:

* Fighters to play an anti Air role specifically.
    * Air units to do damage to ground units primarily.
    * Transports of varying types and abilities both air and land.
    * Various ground vehicles with an assortment of weapons to make them versatile, while still allowing them to play an integral role.
    * Infantry units that were not only Unique, but fun to play with and each had something special about it to make it it's own class (so to speak). And play differently then the others.

And you know?.. Well it all didn't play out so well. Turns out players like to kill everything with everything, and try to do everything with anything to gain an edge over their opponent.. Who knew?

* Take the ESF for example. It was never intended to be an all out ground smashing platform but about 65% - 85% of the people that fly one use it almost specifically for such. To get it back into it's role, nurfs were applied, and ground resistances buffed.

But this didn't stop players from still using it as such, and still racking up the kills with it.

My point is that You, the players are the reason the game changes so much, why so many balances and nurfs, or fixes and such are applied. You out wit the dev's at every turn, out smart the coder's who think they've fixed something, only to for you to show them they broke it in another area.

It's a give and take relationship, and it will never be perfect, though the PS2 staff try really hard to make it such. Also remember that SOE is the boss, and nothing can be done without some type of approval.

Go easy on them, they are trying to help you, and they are trying to give you a game worth playing, it may take awhile, you may get frustrated, I know the PS2 staff does. But in the end, you can be constructive and help, deal with the issues, and give the PS2 staff the benefit of the doubt... or not.

I realize this is frustrating , infuriating and even difficult at times, but if you think your upset, imagine how the devs feel, I mean it is their job to fix the game and make it something worth playing, and if you have ever made something (A mod for say skyrim for example) Put all your time and energy into it with the hope it will make the game better, and then have it insulted, trashed or all together torn to shreds... how would you feel?

I know when I make something and it get's trashed I feel like crap, I find myself poring over it trying to figure out was it the right choice? could I have done something better? Was it really necessary in that amount? What can I do to improve it next time or even fix it currently?

Dev's put a lot of themselves into what they create, and what they do, and it is just as difficult for the devs (Yes the dev's play the game), to find their solution wasn't optimal but they can't go back and change it because of some other reason until a later date. It sucks all around, both for the players and the devs, who both feel like crap.

So now that you know all of this, I hope many of you will have a more understanding viewpoint about what goes on. It's a difficult thing all around, and believe me the players are not the only ones who feel jaded when a patch goes wrong and the servers crash continuously or a nurf has unexpected effects which make an item useless that wasn't accounted for..... Believe me....

Also remember that everyone is only human. And everyone makes mistakes. The PS2 staff do try to fix them, even if they can't admit them publicly, (SOE just doesn't allow that kind of thing, most companies don't.....).

Mal
    • Up x 1
  6. AirSuicide

The server has been up the last few hours, it seems stable except for a few miner crash complaints that I am positive are being delt with.
  7. DoradusGenudine

i love you
  8. DoradusGenudine

how not? i voiced my criticisms and i made suggestions. thats extremely constructive. think moar plox.
  9. Benjamin2501

I play all sides but I think in general the developers are coddling a very small but vocal minority of players that do not have the skills to adjust on this forum. While I understand changes are a fact of updates, and some adjustments are needed, I do not feel making the existing content worse is the right way to improve things. I would prefer adding new content, skill trees, vehicles, and counter measures over watering down the current game. ZOE was never overpowered, because the damage intake negated the mobility and slight damage buff. It was never the instant god mode it has been painted as in these forums. It was also tested for several weeks in the test server before it was released, so I am not sure how it grew to be such a threat. I would further like to add that the forums and feedback should be restricted to the people who actually pay for the game.
  10. Benjamin2501

I think we all realize that the game will change again and again. However, when changes are made that so cripple an ability that it renders it useless, it is not a change I am willing to accept. This is why there is a test server, so feedback can be given, and bugs/adjustments can be taken care of ahead of patch release. I also disagree that if a weapon is performing well, it should be scaled back. Some weapons are designed to be better than others, which is why we as players spend so many hours trying to make our character better by raising the abilities via certs, or buying better weapons to use. When you negate all those hours with a patch and then hand back the certs, it is a slap in the face to everyone who is actively building a good character. Just like when you buy a weapon and it works to your liking, and then it is changed to be rendered useless, or neutered from it's original content form. It isn't like they can't work all this out ahead of time, and they do have a test server to actively test things before they hit the masses.

Look at it this way, how would you like if you were playing an MMORPG, and you received a rare loot drop, or special ability, and then the developer went in and said I am sorry we are making this useless. What if you actually paid for the enchanted weapon? Can you imagine if Diablo 3 kept watering down enchanted items that were purchased in the auction, only to release more enchanted weapons? The player base would lose their minds, so I think most of us have been more than reasonable with the adjustments.
  11. Phrygen

you buffed the enforcer....? that thing was not underperforming.
  12. Rhapsody

Only thing i really saw in those Patch notes.... didnt even bother reading the rest.

Fixing to patch the game for the first time in months to see just how much of an improvement this is.... I never had problems with the UI while running multi-monitors.. it was the constant 'zoomed in' state that made the game utterly unplayable while in vehicles.

IF that's fixed... You guys need to kiss whatever Dev fixed it as it will have brought me back to PS2. If that zoomed in state isnt fixed... guess i'll keep waiting. o_O
  13. Rhapsody

Give whatever Dev 'FINALLY' fixed that... a beer.. and a promotion.. and maybe even a raise.

Befor:

[IMG]

Note how 'little' of the player arm/weapon you can see.

[IMG]
    Shouldnt I be able to see more of the front of the tank than this?

After:

[IMG]
    I can actually see more of the weapon / player arm now! (though honestly, this part i could have done without a fix.. as it was still playable the old way...

[IMG]Tank has more than 0.5 inches of a bumper again!!!

(yes it looks stretched in this screenshot... but on my Monitor it looks 'normal' FINALLY.)

I may actually be able to start playing PS2 again and ENJOYING it.
  14. raumfahrer

So after I had enough time to play this patch, I can now say with the most certainty that most 'misc' changes to the rocket launcher are against forum guidelines and policies on posting.

Same goes for the velocity change for the fracture.
  15. Mordarao

You're more than welcome to have a recently polished NC maxframe ... that carries a shield around instead HEHEHE
    Can't even put out a single shot with that bulky thing out