Server Downtime for Patch January 30, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Nestro

My feedback on this patch:

Stability of the client is about the same as before. This time when I crashed even the UI gfx glitches were back.

Please SOE don't give up. Thanks :D
  2. D3amonEngineer

Where is the auto Warpgate rotation? They told the first one will happen today (Friday).
  3. ScrapyardBob

Still sounds like a hardware issue. Either failing capacitors on the motherboard (which regulate power from the PSU) or a PSU that is near its limits (or also has failing caps) which is not outputting the proper voltage.

If you can run Prime95 overnight in blend mode (set it to use as much memory as possible), then I think you can safely rule out your CPU/RAM. Personally, I don't consider a machine stable unless it can run for at least 4-6 hours on Prime95 and preferably 24-48 hours.

The trick is to then find a program that can be run alongside of Prime95 that simultaneously stresses out your GPU. The combination of which may be too much for your power-supply.
  4. ScrapyardBob

I'll let you in on a secret.

The temperature reported by hardware sensors is rarely calibrated, which means actual temperature might be +/- 5% or +/- 10% (or worse). So if a chip reports 30C at idle, and 60C at 100% utilization, the only useful metric is "it gets 30C hotter when running at full load". Another chip might report 35C at idle and 65C at 100% under the same conditions.
  5. Scatterblak

The new squaddie sundy's are heavy.
  6. SidCom

agree.. but anyway the sensors deliver a rough estimate if temp is MUCH to high.
    However, thats not game related at all so he is at the wrong forum here..
  7. Mormomboy

IF the patch is in progress, it is already too late. They are not going to change it while the patch is downloading, therefore, you must try it, and find out if people are for or against.
    Ally with the party you agree with.
  8. Mormomboy

Sounds about right, I think 2 minutes would be plenty, but oh well.
  9. Mormomboy

Technically the best time to stop it is on the test serer, or road map.
  10. C0y0te

Full ack! Please bring back VO quality from before the update. It DOES make a difference for the game experience!

The game experience is not only delivered through graphics but also through sound quality.
  11. siiix

haven't seen a good patch like this in many many months, good job !
  12. PastalavistaBB

They are going to rotate Warpgates on Live Servers on EU Prime Time in a few minutes! Are you out of your mind SOE???
  13. siiix

i like the change, but bases need better defense to compensate for this

the real solution would be to either make land mines cheaper or cause more damage, that would make land mines finally useful

i know a lot of people hate mines, but they actually have a real purpose
  14. siiix

its not abuse , its called a change in tactic ... we can call anything "abuse" just to make our point seen stronger .. example : i like knifing, but people abuse they guns to kill me ;)
  15. OldMaster80

I've been saying this for weeks. I'm not against letting people teleport to Sunderers and Galaxies but not the way it has been implemented. Me and other players tested this on test server and gave feedback: many reported the danger of this mechanism to be extremely exploitable and completely revert the balance between attackers and defenders. But in order to respect the deadline of the roadmap they pushed this to live server completely ignoring what we told them.

What's totally incredible is the huge effort we saw during 2013 to increase base defenses and to make base capture harder for attackers:
    - New bases layout with more barricades and less open structures.
    - Huge walls.
    - Change to Squad Deploy so drop pods do not fall on Squad Leader anymore.
    - Drop pods falling outside enemy perimeter.
    - No Deploy Zone.
    - Domeshields (not implemented yet actually).

And despite this in many bases if attackers outnumber defenders by only 5% the base is lost.
    Now they gave attackers a free pass to swarm bases ignoring the no deploy zone, teleporting on the other side of the continent at will. 1 year of patches to build up bases defenses and then they created a huge hole in these defenses.

Redeploy to vehicle must:
    - Consider the no-deploy zone.
    - Have 5 minutes cooldown like the Squad Deploy.
  16. Kunavi

So... The Reaper helmet still is green. Swamp Green I'd call it. Make the damned thing BLACK or GREY or RED, I'd buy it instantly.
  17. BobSanders123

18. ScrapyardBob

Well, it will be interesting... once.

(Automated rotations should happen at server's lowest population times, not prime time.)
  19. YuriSensen

G99 - This patch made it so I can't play the game anymore. :c
  20. Druckverteiler

Like I said. I ran Prime95 AND FurMark (google that) at the same time. So I guess the PSU deliveres as required.

My i5 3570K is cooled by a Scythe Katana 4, the Palit Jetstream GTX770 with stock cooler never gets hotter than 77°C and my case has 3 fans (2 front 1 back), providing a constant air flow.

I'll try and load bios defaults....