Server Downtime for Patch January 30, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Princess Celestia

Want to encourage 'squad cohesiveness'? Remove or at least increase the rediculously implemented XP cap for resupply and healing. If you want, do it only for squadmate ones at least.

That will help encourage people supporting one another rather than just ignoring requests because they are tapped out on XP for 5 mins.
  2. Tuco

A pointless and stupid quest.

There hasn't been "squad cohesiveness" since 2001, cause squad leaders are have no tactics.
  3. Desann

• The Sunderer AMS no longer requires an item to be equipped in order to function. Once the certification is purchased, it is always available. This frees up the Utility slot on the Sunderer for other items.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is the best thing you guys have done since beta. :D.

Now all we need are sundy empire specific weapons AND better combat (defense) options.
    Since the old PS1 AMS and larger transport/combat vehicles are merged into one, there needs to be distinct certifications for support and combat. I miss the old leviathan with its 4 top turrets, 2 side turrets, and 2 MAX seat capability.

Another thing I would like to see: vehicle enter/exit animations. I am sick and tired of wasting tanks over and over, only to haveto hunt down the driver who bailed and ran away in the black cloud of smoke. Or then I get mined/c4'd by said driver who I cannot see in smoke within 5 meters. Vehicle enter/exit animations would eliminate vehicle bailing and thus grant player kills to the victor tank drivers.

OH! and we need squad only seat locking, so I can have my squadmates, who listen to and pay attention, shoot stuff while the moron public player, who hops in and cant ever shoot the side of a barn from inside, can just sit back and enjoy the ride. SO sick and tired of having to kick players from my squad spots, then get teamkilled/trolled because they feel entitled to a turret spot.
  4. Conzb

Finally, another fix for the "incorrect" coding/programming that you did, instead of giving stupid suggestions like "disabling antivirus and firewall" or "reinstall windows" to prevent crash (from opening ticket)

The server performance optimization fix is for the lag and people warping around issue?

Anyway keep up the good work!
  5. Timithos

I can't believe they put in the current mobile spawning system without further restrictions. Unbelievable.
  6. Princess Celestia

Things are freezing a lot more. Not complete freezes, but many small freezes, enough to get you killed or crash you.

Like 9 out of 10 patches, it only makes things worse.
  7. Kartaugh

This patch is all kinds of awesome!
  8. Critic

I think the only real way to increase squad cohesiveness discourage zerg play and require more command communication is to limit points earned in a zerg situation. The only way to do this is decrease certs earned for capping bases with an almighty overpowered overkill zerg and increase the points earned for those who try to defend against it while horribly outnumbered. Points earned according to population. This would encourage players to try and defend a place while horribly outnumbered as each kill might get them excess amount of points and for those who farm according to zerg this would not amount to much at all for them. Then people would be more spread across territories instead of always blitzkrieg play.

I like the mobile spawning thing including the galaxies but think they should have a spawn limit and then have to move to another territory to be valid again.
    • Up x 2
  9. equinub

A slight performance increase (35-45 fps gpu+cpu 48+) on an older core2duo 8800GT.

Game still fps drops cpu limited more than PU1 (40-45 fps gpu 48+)

But it is better than PU2 + ESF update (20-35 cpu 48+)
  10. Lord Gray

Has anyone taken into consideration that spawning on a squad vehicle might invoke the same spawn squad timer that beacons do? Or is it proven that it is a regular spawn timer when you spawn on it?
  11. UnionBob

I like this just the way it is right now with me being a galaxy pilot I got some more uses instead of battle gal!!:D
  12. CowPie

So Now we have to deal with a whole new set of bugs and glitches.

1. Spotting enemy targets using the Q key almost never works now.
    2. Points of kill assists don't seem to be rewarded at all on aircraft hits. I did get them when killing infantry targets.
    3. The response time and distance from issues at various terminals could use a fix. I see no real reason that you have to move around to find the right distance so that you can bring up the menus at these terminals.
    • Up x 1
  13. CowPie

Have you seen a rotation yet? What is the mechanism for the rotation? How will this work given the need for connectivity to the warp gate on the lattice continents?
  14. Conzb

anyone notice missing primary weapon selection bug after this patch?
  15. CowPie

Would be nice to get an explanation on how these changes work when they make the changes. The Galaxy spawn I haven't seen yet and really the gate shield Diffuser doesn't come into play as often as it could. When I would pull a sunderer before with it on people still would rather run wild and shot random targets instead of playing smart and taking the primary objectives. Now instead of creating some sort of mechanism to reward players for being IN a sundered and supporting it and fighting with it you reward an owner for his squad to get out and chase an enemy all for 50 points. STUPID MOVE. Reward a player for getting his kill using a high resource item. The more the vehicle costs the more points a crew gets. and while your thinking about it how about a mod or cert that would allow players 4 - 12 in a sunder to shoot out through a small window at their position in the sunderer. That way they could have the protection of the sunder and it could become a battle weapon and the whole crew continuity would be encouraged and the whole crew/squad would be reward a percentage of a kill. These stupid mindless unfocused ground battles are wrecking the game. More and More players are just running around trying to grab points because the game has become BORING form a cooperative play standpoint. Try to reward outfits and squad for fighting together.
  16. CowPie

Explain?
  17. FBVanu

Not to worry CowPie.. they just move your faction, usually counter clock-wise, to the other Warpgate.. If you are on Connery today, on Esamir, the TR are in the NW, Vanu in NE and the NC are on the bottom left, South West.. by tomorrow, the TR will be in the SW, the NC will be in NE and the Vanu will have moved to the NW, where the TR are today.

They just keep moving it around, kind of interesting, but in my mind, they move us far too often.. I would really like to get to know an area, and i do mean really get to know it. That takes time, I would like a longer time in each area, .. You will see tomorrow.

Oh, wait, doesn't that mean that we will have yet another download, install, to suffer through ?? Good grief.
  18. CowPie

No........servers will be up and down to patch the patch. As a peace offering SOE will have a "Double XP" weekend to make up for the inconvenience. Of course, with all the down time while trying to keep the servers up...and the new bugs and glitches introduced...you won't really be able to play the game to take advantage of the Double XP rewards.
  19. 10thRMDredd

The owner of the vehicle should pay infantry resource points per spawn. Surely it takes energy or resources to transport a human being? Not much, maybe 2-10, this allows for flexibility but has a boundary. As your sundy is upgraded the cost may reduce? Of course, the really bright people will point the obvious tactic of swapping vehicle owners... Great, so. You can just charge a fee that will allow for that. This will wear the squad down over time regarding max options etc.
    This is a simple idea that would go a long way to smoothing many concerns re: new deployment rules.

cheers,
    Dredd
  20. CowPie

I don't/won't play the lattice system. I really HATE it. I play on Amerish and I'll stop playing and dissolve my Outfit when the lattice is implemented on Amerish. I truly feel that this game has gotten worse instead of better. I left military style FPS games because had SOOOOOO much more. Now all that freedom and large world environment has been taken out of the game in favor of pushing players to a single base on a battle lattice. A faction can have an adjacent territory and the enemy faction will have the spawn close by and the enemy has to threat of loosing an area because the lattice says.....Nope....you'll get your *** kicked but you can't take theirterritory. STUPID. Ghost capping is the big argument. Well an easy fix would be that a single player can't affect the timer unless he says in "The Zone" near a cap point. The area is already defined in the game by the red circle that is right now defined as a "No Deploy" zone. Fine!! Just make it so at least a single player must stay in that zone at all times to make the time progress toward capture. If a capturing player leaves that zone the timer would start to go back toward the current faction owner. That would completely prevent the players from flying in and flipping a point and flying on to the next area so that they could have a number of areas being captured..."Ghost Capping".
    • Up x 4