Server Downtime for Patch February 20, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 19, 2014.

1. tdsalmost8

"How dare they try to better my FREE service? We must riot!"
    -A lot of free players

I understand if you purchased something with real life money and your account got taken off. Then you can be angry. But the free players can just shut up. It's a FREE service, and it is making the experience richer for you. So understand that your issues don't even rank to the population of Africa not having a steady supply of clean water. Shut up, and actually go outside your mom's basement, so you can see how miniscule your issues are to PRACTICALLY EVERY OTHER ISSUE. Or just play another game. The Steam collection has tons of first person shooters, you aren't restricted. As for the buyers. It sucks that your account got took off. Although, if you were to purchase a product for a video game, don't you think you would actually play it?
  2. CryingIsUnnecessary

Crying doesn't help anyone or solve anything, just makes the vast majority of people in this thread look very silly.

Paying money and don't like the service? Quit complaining, stop giving them money, and move on with life.

Don't like the ETA's for downtime not being accurate or too long? Find something else to do or accept the fact it's going to take longer then expected and move on with life.

Game isn't meeting your expectations? Either change your expectations, Accept the current status qou, or stop playing the game and move on with life.

If you must register a compliant, write it in a neutral 3rd person tone, express your concerns in a non hyperbolic language, use examples and statistics to back your claims, and most importantly, be respectful.

I.E: "This downtime has been most upsetting and the inaccuracy of the downtime ETA's has made planning my gaming session much more difficult."

This is an example of doing it wrong.

If you can not do any of the above, refrain from posting.
  3. supersteve47

SOE. get thinking. Unlock the servers one at a time to reduce lag. Like Connery, then aterson, then Miller, then Matherson, etc. Maybe one every 20 min.
  4. Kuchinawa212

Ah thanks dude. Okay so just a patch thing. Man they can take the rest of the week if they want to XD it's a free game and I'm happy to support it. I dunno why you guys are getting so bent out of shape about this, patching and fixing takes time. I'd rather they be alright with a product then ship something out they're not happy with because we want it sooner.
  5. ncDieseL

There's a post on pretty much every page explaining how characters don't show during server maintenance, don't sass me boy!
  6. VogonPoetMaster

I swear if SOE sent you guys a $1000 check in the mail you would complain they didn't send it express.
    • Up x 4
  7. TheWoodMaker1

Personally i feel seven hours is to long for an update. I admit personally that SOE should have a better plan for the updates however you have got to remember they are not doing this on purpose and probably working their arses off. People bumb this up to show people how to do a decent response.
    • Up x 1
  8. Seededshadow

they take 6 hrs and i am more then confident they broke the games somehow not to mention this patch wasnt on the pts so kinda null and voids what u said sorry
  9. chrisarn94

It would still be nice if they let us know maybe a day ahead of time at least what the patch is. Instead of trying to log in and surprise! Amerish is completely different!
    • Up x 2
  10. TheOldFart

slowly getting there! At least now my character is back. Patience.......o_O
  11. Exturion

Well, playing infil I like the lattice.

There's no better feeling than skipping one base, cap all the terminals (and thus sabotaging enemy supply) and killing those trying to recap.

Because INFILTRATORS should INFILTRATE and F*ck up enemy support, not sit on hills and snipe their a*s off.
    • Up x 1
  12. NinjaTurtle

Oh great something else for people to complain about.

"Hey why is Cobalt last this is unfair" RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Seededshadow

downtime is fine and thats not what we r complaining about go back and read the post again
  14. Boomotang

I would consider financial services a whole lot more essential than a video game.

It doesn't matter if you paid for it. You didn't pay for the service to be operational 24/7 forever.
  15. Commander Tychus

While you people busy rantin' and bustin'. Im just gonna pop open this nice cold beer and eat spicy nachos.

Life is good.
    • Up x 5
  16. hedstrom

Lattice alone will make Amerish much better to play on :)
    Looking forward to all the new bases too !
  17. mblades

Which is why I am saying that it may be issues since uploading to each server to ensure that it actual works assuming nothing extremely bad has happened. honestly if it goes any longer SOE may give out double xp weekend like the last time it took ages to come on
  18. ncDieseL

Servers are showing MAINT again, looks like this is going to take all night.
    • Up x 1
  19. D3ADH3AD

If this downtime persists further, Higgers will have to tweet an even higher rez picture of Amerish ;) :p #PeacefullyWaiting
  20. mblades

it was on the test server -_- guess ya didnt click on amerish. so what you are saying is void sorry
    • Up x 1