Server Downtime for Hotfix December 17, 2013 1:30 PM PT (10:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nakor

+1 to gross ignorance and lack of compassion.
    • Up x 3
  2. Serafine

That's because it's not optimized and was doing **** like rocket launchers firing mountains.
  3. Spartan00013

Thank you for the info, but it still doesn't answer my question. I'm wondering whether the damage reduction takes place while your shields are taking damage or only when your health is exposed.

For example:
    I have 500 shields and 500 health and rank 5 nanoweave.
    I take a bullet that normally does 143 damage.
    Will my shields take 143 damage? Or will it be reduced to 143 * 0.8 = 114.4 damage? Or will i only see the damage reduction when i have 0 shields, and my health is exposed?

Any information you can provide is much appreciated! This is only my second post on these forums, so sorry if i sound like a noob :)
  4. SideSt3p

Seriously. Chill out people.
    • Up x 2
  5. BigCake

You made my day bro xD
    • Up x 1
  6. MrThirtyTwo

so for updates how would the territory be split up like? will no one own anything or what?
  7. BWonder

Come on SOE, i believe in you...
    • Up x 1
  8. Jack Madix

*sigh* If all data was lost on all characters(I agree it won't happen) then the entire point of a subscription and all benefits aside from SC would be lost for that period of time(IE all bonus experience and bonus certs, etc). those are benefits that effect your character... not your account....
  9. Tommyp2006

There is, it's that little thumbs up button directly above reply on the posts.
    • Up x 3
  10. KanoRain

Uh, there is a like button.
    • Up x 2
  11. SideSt3p

Agreed. Basically SoE would have to run 2 exact copies of the system which were replicated, basically in an HA setting.

This would be stupid, as one whole system would be use JUST to test the run-out of patches and releases. And they'd eat the cost for running two systems at the same time with only one system making money. And that cost would therefore be placed onto us, the players.

Just like every MMO since EVER, on patch day you shouldn't expect to play, because there are always issues. It's not a big deal.
  12. Jack Madix

lack of compassion perhaps, but considering I program as well, ignorance is a stretch. I just would rather have a projected 12 hour downtime and be pleasantly surprised if it's up early than the opposite.
  13. BigCake

yes I found it a bit late ;)
  14. Bastid721

character gone
  15. Drahzar

They already lost characters unrecoverably with the good old character-deletion-bug...
  16. Tommyp2006

Your characters aren't gone guys, the servers are unavailable so there is no character data to load. They'll come back when the servers go back up.
    • Up x 3
  17. MickeySerendipity

I'd hardly call getting up for work at 4.30 a relaxing lie in... personally I'd rather stay up a couple of hours more and have a lie in the next morning when the job's done - and if the shenanigans are inevitable it's a bit of a dick move to deliberately cause it to happen during prime time for half of your customers.
  18. Bastid721

characters gone
  19. MickeySerendipity

<plus a whole load of other quotes>

Guys, I think we've found the engies who never drop ammo and the medics who don't revive MAXes...
    • Up x 5
  20. ArchadorNC

Ohh noes, they deleted everyone's characters and merged all the servers into Jaeger!!!1

Seriously though, nobody's characters are gone, but what's taking them so long?
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.