Server Downtime for Hotfix December 17, 2013 1:30 PM PT (10:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clay

Congratulations Sherlock
    • Up x 2
  2. Exogen

The characters are not gone.

There is only one server up, so if you try to log in and haven't played on that server, your characters aren't gonna be there.
  3. Badname293

My question is this: Why do we all keep spending money on SC and spending certs on things we like that are great, only to have SOE nerf them and give us LESS than what we paid for? If I pay REAL MONEY for a weapon for the firepower and fire rate, why would I be okay with them taking that all away?

And if that is what they keep doing, then why would anyone keep spending real money on this game?
  4. Lakora

I hope there'll be some sort of compensation considering prime time for EU is gone n it's closing in on US prime time as well n servers are still down.
  5. Exogen

That's your fault for working towards a knowingly OP weapon, I'd say. Don't become dependent on OP weapons, and you won't have this issue in the future.
    • Up x 2
  6. MrThirtyTwo

well skyrim time till game back up
  7. BeyondNInja

This used to be an issue for the Briggs (AU) server - the server used to go down regularly for maintenance right in the middle of our prime time - however they seem to have realised this as it hasn't been an issue for us for at least 6 months.
  8. Clay

You dont have to be okay with it. You can scream at your monitor and throw things against the wall if you want. Sony leaves that up to you to be mad at them. But balance adjustments appear in every online game. Accept it or dont play it, nobody forces you to spend money on it.
    • Up x 2
  9. SteveThing

May we have an update devs/PR?
  10. MickeySerendipity

It's called balance. Stop buying the cheesy things and expecting them to remain cheesy.
    • Up x 1
  11. Bastid721

characters gone
  12. Badname293

The explain to me a non-OP weapon. I have most weapons for most characters on all three factions and it seems they have nerfed most! Whether I pay money for them or get them with certs...
  13. Duvenel

PhysX is actually used for vehicle physics(falling, bumps, movement etc), but I guess you're talking about PhysX particle effects. IIRC they've been disabled for now due to stability issues.
  14. GoodSam

Just like the good old WoW days!
    I do like the new intro screen/music
  15. BigBooty

You sir, have won Planetside2. I congratulate you.[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. KeF3aR

I just want to shoot one golden snowman. Is that so much to ask?
  17. BigBooty

Perhaps.. SNOWMEN SPAWN DBL TIME?!?!?!?!?!?! AWWW YEAH DAWG.
    Mud snowmen on Amerish would be awesome too.
    • Up x 1
  18. Bastid721

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. Vanu Rebirth

You'll get your characters back. If your characters aren't there it just means they're still running the hot fix (at least that's the reason for me whenever I log in and their running one).
  20. MickeySerendipity

No offense to Briggs but it currently draws less than a quarter of the combined EU playerbase at prime time, and if a 2hr downtime went to plan at midnight PST it wouldn't affect you greatly either. You've got to plan downtime to piss off the least amount of people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.