Server Downtime for Hotfix December 17, 2013 1:30 PM PT (10:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Element17

I have an answer and it's 2 words. Game Balance. Planetside 2 is not a pay to win game, it's a play to win game you gather certs to make said weapon you paid for better.
    • Up x 1
  2. Clay

Wouldnt they be called mudman :eek:
  3. hollysy

Let me sell you all a gun from a real life gun store for money, and than come back a month latter because it is too overpowered and lower the fire rate on you and make it less effective. Oh, wait that DOES NOT HAPPEN in real life, so if you pay real money for a product/ service, whether it is in a game or not it is still a product and should still be treated as such. I do not have any overpowered items seeing as i only started playing two days ago but the concept works the same.
    • Up x 1
  4. KanoRain

It's really not that simple...
  5. Sepholophoid

Congratulations SOE you have beaten your record for longest time I've seen the servers down, previously 5 hours, now pushing for seven.

Woot woot
  6. Clay

Tell that people who play magic the gathering and bought a jace the mindsculptor on ebay for 200 dollar just to see it banned in the next month.
    • Up x 2
  7. KanoRain

Then you never played PS1, EQ2, EQ, SWG (we had a 3 day server out), MxO, etc etc.
  8. MrThirtyTwo

wait theres snowmen in the game now?
    • Up x 2
  9. Arenthas

Can anyone confirm the fix for triple screen users?
  10. Bastid721

CHARACTERS GONE!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  11. ArchadorNC

I remember the SWG downtime, and the EQ2 downtime that was so long they gave everyone a free week of subscription
  12. BigBooty

Get out of my kitchen you purple poop in my delicious red punch. :mad:
    • Up x 1
  13. AlexIxelA

guys, thanks for helping clear everything up. i thought i had lost all 3 of my characters lol.
  14. Badname293

Thank you. My point exactly. Everyone in this game spends money or certs on things that will give them an edge. Otherwise there would still be night vision and nobody would have a ZOE max. We spend our money and certs on things that help us kill enemies. If they just want to make all weapons and all things equal, then START all weapons equal and leave them that way. Then it would be truly skill that defines the player.
  15. Xenedor

it´s right time for a full cert and sc refund and everybody would be happy
  16. BigBooty

Or any MMO that ever existed in the history of the universe and all other corresponding alternates universes and dimensions, etc.
  17. mistertickles69

Yeah, that's why it's a GAME.
  18. Duvenel

I think you need to go and read the ToS.

As to why people would spend money on the game? Because they want to support a game that they enjoy playing, because nerfs and buffs are part and parcel of the great balancing act of a live MMO game. If you can't deal with the fact that things you pay for might get nerfed or buffed or turned into a giant snow cannon then don't play online games.

You're not paying for firepower or fire rate. You're paying for a virtual item that is subject to change.

Now I'm going to sit here and wait for my pistol to start firing snowballs at people.
    • Up x 1
  19. Bullborn

Good luck devs! Hopefully you'll get it sorted out soon so you don't have to spend too many overtime hours in these few days before the holidays.

Despite what some people think, mmos are hard to develop and maintain and despite things going through (assumutions made) internal QA, stress-test-bots, dev-test-servers as well as a public test server before making it to live, unforeseen things still happen, and its quite the letdown for the dev team when their hard work hits bumps like this.

Hopefully servers have just been deployed with wrong code-builds or data, then it should be an easy enough fix (but redeploy could still take hours I guess).
    • Up x 3
  20. Lakora

Honestly... I'd just prefer maybe free 7 day boost or something similar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.