Scheduled Maintenance April 2nd

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Suppertime

I'm pretty understanding of bugs / issues and I know this is a complex system, but the game has been out entirely too long to have crash to desktop issues. Instead of spending time on cosmetic fixes, stabilize the game.
    • Up x 5
  2. Forkyar24

sigh, no turn mission off hud or even a hide for that annoying piece of crap
    • Up x 1
  3. Seff

Game launching is slower after I press play. It starts to load and freezes around 18% mark what forces me to CTD.

Using steam version of the PS2 (x64)...

Edit: Seems like the 64 bit client will crash if player uses Steam version.
    Temp fixed the issue:

1. Navigating into PS2 files: \Steam\SteamApps\common\PlanetSide 2
    2. Looking file called: LaunchPad.exe
    3. Right click and "Run as Administrator" (this way you will launch the game out of steam).

This fix works on 64bit version Windows 7 / 8.1 TESTED.
  4. BrutalDLX

Thank you, was able to confirm I am running the new *64 bit client.
  5. SikVvVidiT

Just now friendlies where taking Pain field damage as they spawn IN THEIR OWN BASE at NS Secure Data lab....

Another stellar Patch brought to you buy the good ole boys at SOE.
    • Up x 1
  6. focart

fixed or improved? so many crashes as right now i did not have before. Can some one backup old settings, because i have strong feelings that before was better.
    • Up x 1
  7. cobrakhan5

YOU GUYS NEED TO FIX THE IN GAME CHAT IT CUTS OUT HALF THE TIME ...... WHY IS THIS NOT PRIORITY >...... BR 100 spending tons of money and WTF
  8. cobrakhan5

STABALIZE THE DAMN GAME ALREADY
  9. EazyDuzIt

Running 64 bit client, just played for about 5-10 minutes and already ctd'd, not looking good.
  10. Ovidiu

SOE is like

• Up x 3
  11. ShotMeTender

FAAAAAAAAAALSE!!

Disconnected 4 times in 2 hours, this time completely random...
    • Up x 1
  12. T0x1s

I really hope you are not serious...
  13. Ovidiu

My game won`t even start...
  14. cobrakhan5

Now it is not installing the patch thanks.....
  15. HAXTIME

The game runs exceptionally smooth and fine here. I'm seeing an insane (more than 2x) increase in both FPS, and input responsivity. Loading takes 1/4 as long as it took previously.

No crashes so far, and the performance also excels in large battles.

Very good start, I hope others get to experience the game this way pretty soon as well.
  16. cobrakhan5

“YOU GUYS NEED TO FIX THE IN GAME CHAT IT CUTS OUT HALF THE TIME ...... WHY IS THIS NOT PRIORITY >...... BR 100 spending tons of money and WTF”
    YES I AM SERIOUS COMMUNICATION IS A BASIC FACTOR TO ANY HUMAN RELATIONS

17. TacoStabber

I wouldn't mind a rollback myself. But instead they want to patch the patch. Patchception. :s
    Should roll it back to the point before the mission system was added, IMO. I would say before the lib update (immortality glitch...then patched to allow TK'ing in the warpgates...yay), but that would be a mess...
  18. laziffer

for me nvidia optimus was the reason for the FPS problem. because the new .exe file "PlanetSide2_x64.exe" was not recognized by the nvidia driver, the driver used the intel hd graphic card instead of the nvidia card. After i changed this in the driver settings game runs fine again.
  19. Manus Erebus

Are you going to fix the profanity filter?
  20. cobrakhan5

If can;t even get communications fixed how the hell they gonna fix anything else.