Scheduled Maintenance April 16th, 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadliestMoon

I didnt understand any of that technical jargon, just upgrade.
  2. Irondad

Worst update EVER, in a year of playing. Hex 7b, application can't start. Yippee....
  3. Jimmie

For me this update made it worse too. 1 Blackscreen after 40 minutes, that was ok and like before. But the last 10 minutes 3 game crashes. It just closes.
  4. Magicool

yay finaly more client crashes!
    • Up x 1
  5. minhalexus

So the huge balance pass was only 300mb long?
  6. NCDaniel

Boooooo.

Thanks for the Flux helmet by the way.
  7. ARIES666

same, game closed during alert few minutes ago
  8. minhalexus

Can NC max sprint with shield on?

It was the main thing i was looking forward to as an NC.
  9. Seuchensaal

With the 64-bit client game-freezes are back to business that can only be solved by shooting Planetside in the face with my task-manager.

First try... 5 mins gameplay. Second just about 2. o_O

Framerate is lower than ever before, even in small squirmishes
    • Up x 1
  10. ShureShot

Worked fine for 20 minutes. Then had 3 crashes in the next 20 minutes.

I'm glad you took an extra week to make sure the patch works.

Guess we're back to 'don't play on patch day'.
  11. MPLegion1

This is my first posting in these update forums. I'm too average(probably below average) of a player that has much more limited in-game time compared to all you vets out there. For that reason I cannot comment effectively on balancing issues, I play NC and am not sure why we got hit with a nerf bat considering I tend to see NC losing most alerts on Waterson. I would like to say that I feel we lose alerts based on overall lack of coordination and I probably represent the majority of NC on that server as inexperienced.
    I did want to comment on performance since the O:MFG patches started.
    I am on a really mid range at best PC, and since the patches started I have had nothing but performance improvements.
    I run a single Nvidea 560 GTX 2 gig graphics card, a second gen mid point i7 processor, 12 gigs DDR3 ram, 64bit Windows 7.
    Also I only have a (30 down / 5 up) internet connection with Time Warner (which sucks a lot).
    Under these hardware specs i have consistently been running better and better, the 64 client has not caused me any crashes yet. And my internet connection as monitored seems to be the cause of all in game inconsistencies i experience. Overall my whole system cost me about $1200 at time of purchase including all accessories and peripherals (mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc.). I have even had friends come into the game now on slightly less hardware that couldn't even run PS2 before. I do not understand why people with much better systems than I have or my friends have running into such a wide array of issues. That is not to say I don't believe people who are having issues. I only post this comment up for people like my friends on low end systems who will perhaps try to run the game again or give it a shot for the first time.
  12. Olex

Micro lagging is back with the 64bit client.damn
    • Up x 1
  13. BobSanders123

I7-4770k @ 3.9 GHz
    Nvidia GTX 760 2GB Overclocked by almost nothing
    16 GB Ram
    Windows 8 God Help Me

Drivers crash frequently, reverting back to old driver just for one game not worth the time and effort. New drivers give me huge improvements in other games. Other than that everything performs really well. I don't even know if my computer is a high end one, but the game itself doesn't crash too much.
  14. Librux

WELL SOE GOOD JOB U BROKE IT AGAIN GET RID OF THE 64 bit CLIENT ALTOGETHER WHY TRY TOI FIX THE 32 BIT CLIENT GOD DAMIT GUYS I CANT RUN A GAME WITH 5 FPS FIXS TIS HSIT NOW COME ON SOE OR ELSE IM GONE.
  15. RadarX

There is a crash with the 64 bit client which is affecting a small number of you. Unfortunately we believe it's based on larger scale player activity than we normally see on PTS so it was missed. For the time being we are going to disable 64 bit until it's resolved.

This requires no downtime..
    • Up x 3
  16. Seuchensaal

Here we go again... :(
    • Up x 1
  17. kadney

Dear RadarX, why are some people not able to post in the new patchnote subforum? :(
  18. NeoKhor

Dear RadarX,

Thanks for the update.
    The update appears to have affected infantry camos. The camo overlay looks enlarged making them look bad. Anyone having the same issue?
  19. Jerox

Now that the knives have been nerfed in damage the one shot/knife combo doesn't work anymore for pistols (except against Infiltrators), but it does with the Hunter QCX (only tried it in the VR room though, but I think that the damage of one hit of the Hunter and one hit of a knife are sufficient enough to still kill full health/shield targets possibly with additional nanoweave armor (just a guess)).

Since the Hunter is available to all factions, the knife sound of every faction is the same and due to the fact that both the knife and the Hunter wont make you show up on the minimap will help conceal your presence given that the enemy might think that it's a friendly using a Hunter or knife instead of instantly being alarmed if the Hunter or knife would sound different with every faction or if one of them would make you show up on the minimap as a bright red dot.

I think that because of this the Hunter all of sudden becomes a more interesting weapon for players who like to use the shot/knife combo with the Stalker cloak but still want to remain unseen and somewhat unheard.
    At least, that's how I see it.
    • Up x 1
  20. RyanGUK

Can't the developers log onto the live servers under a 64-bit client?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.