Scheduled Maintenance April 16th, 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerox

I also thought that the camos looked stretched out on my weapons, making them look blurry.
    I don't actually own those camos though so I'm not sure if they just always look like that or not :p
  2. Dalt Wisney

i5-3570
    GTX 660 TI, 1920x1080, Driver 332.21
    16 GB RAM
    PS2 on SSD
    Win 7 64-bit
    (not stolen at NASA)

Absolutely NO problems - no crash, Ping improved by 10 ms (was 64, no 52 to 54), 70 - 120 fps/no smoothing, 56 stable with smoothing ( in large scale fights!).
    All settings to High/Ultra except Shadows (medium) and Render quality (80 instead of 100, almost no visible difference).

I suggest:
    run ONE exe only (PS2) - no browsers, messengers, YouTube etc. etc.
    update all drivers except NVIDIA (keep 332.21 for now).

I still have these short stops every 10-15 min., but overall performance improved, micro stutters are gone...

Thanks SOE, that IS a good one update! I still don't see why I should play 'other games' - are there some around?
  3. n3r0k

very bad crashes a lot... already 5 times in 30 min... and for 5 min I got bleed dmg . NOT FUN AT ALL:mad:
  4. RadarX

There is an issue with camo shaders which should be resolved really shortly.
    • Up x 3
  5. RadarX

It was never my intention to make that a feedback forum and this was the result of missing a permission for some folks. The morale of the story is not to make new subforums at night.
    • Up x 6
  6. MPLegion1

Will we need to log out and re-patch for the 64client fix and camo fix radarx?
  7. Adukka

Thankg god, my TR and VANU characters has allmost no camo at all. Works fine with weapons and armor but my clothes are bugged.
  8. ItsMartinHere

Intel Core i7-4770
    GTX 660
    16 GB RAM
    Windows 7 64-bit

Hanging every 3 minutes.
    Sound I hear at that moments keeps ****** my ears and new sounds are getting generated.
    Window's reaction to it: Not responding.
  9. ChiefJ

Dear SOE !!!

Why it isn't it possible to give us our certs back like you did it with the Nanoweave ?
    I spend over 13000 Certs in my Vanguard and now you killed him. Enforcer and Shield are nearly useless and Auto-Repair is not the best thing now. Now I want to buy the Halberd but I don't have enough Certs for it.
    In any way why did you do that ? Because some high level players came to you and cried ?

[IMG]
  10. Mawhirter

RadarX,
    If Nanite Auto Repair is being nerfed that bad, it's my opinion that certs should be refunded.
    • Up x 3
  11. ChiefJ

Thanks for writing this !!! :)
  12. \m/SLAYER\m/

^^
    • Up x 2
  13. Seuchensaal

Yeah, Lv. 1 will do... or better some more armor. No need to cert more if delay on all levels is the same.
  14. Jatz

Soooo, did I miss the reverting of the 64-bit client once again? Because for those of you complaining,... You should go check your Task Manager to see if it's runing in 32-bit or 64. Mine is running 32 bit, during the initial 64-bit patch, the planetside2.exe was replaced with the 32bit and 64bit launchers....

Looking through it now: There are 3 launchers, 32, 64, and the planetside2.exe -> It appears the game is still launching the original.

That is my best guess anyways, sooo ... awaiting hotfix -> Maybe SOE forgot to remove the 3rd launcher which seems to take precedence over the 32/64-bit versions. Which I also imagine if I delete the 3rd, it will just redownload it. Nice job guys xD

Also, if your game is running bad, try cleaning your computer you lazy noobs :] I've 'NEVER' had a single framerate issue, with either 32 or 64. Make sure your drivers aren't completely out of date. Close un-needed programs (Through the use of 'msconfig' perhaps). I'm not even running on a high-end rig, it's pretty mid-tier, and have never seen an issue with the game. I run constantly at 80+ FPS, and then 45-60 during big fights. There isn't a single update that has ever touched my FPS.

SPECS (for reference):

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    8 GB GDDR5 RAM
    nVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti

I keep my pc CLEAN (disk cleanup, defrag, recycle bin, unused desktop icons, etc = ALL automatically cleaned once a week).

EDIT: Confirmed, the game is launching the wrong version, which was left in the game assets, and should have been removed.
  15. RadarX

Yes. These changes will require a very small client update but no server downtime.
  16. RailFury

I really don't understand this change; I've never seen anyone racking up infantry kills with a saron. 2 hit kills were pretty difficult against your typically HA who's popping out of cover to unload a rocket. 3 will basiclly be a free ticket now. I've love to see the data that supports this issue.

For the Harasser Saron, honostly haven't seen anyone pull one of those in months now. That was a problem too??

As the Saron gets buffed and nerfed we just switch back and forth to/from the Halberd. Getting a little tired of the yoyo.
  17. Revanmug

Deja-vu...
    • Up x 1
  18. amerigo

The new nanoweave cert line really doesn't have much of a incentive to upgrade. The repair increases are very small percentages, and even if you're very low on health (less than 20%) having a maxxed out nanite repair is only a few seconds of difference.

SOE should make a policy of refunding certs when they nerf something by this much.
  19. CEGrif

because nanoweave was changed completely where as shield was nerfed slightly
  20. Octiceps

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

ETA on an actually working 64-bit client (for real this time)?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.