Scheduled Maintenance April 16th, 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PastalavistaBB

Are you kidding? It still has 450 m range with a guided 1000 damage rocket. UBGL was clearly OP and got balanced. The AV Mana Turret was broken and OP for more than a year. Now it'll be just OP. Reduce it's damage to half.
    I paid SC for it and I don't want demand a refund. The AV Mana Turret will almost be a balanced weapon now. The range should've been limited to Infantry render distance though.
  2. Deschain

It was an over due adjustment to be fair, 1 point to soe for that.
    • Up x 1
  3. Nailhimself

I like the changes in general. But I would like to ask if you can grant the certificates back for all Nanite Auto Repair systems because I honestly certed my Auto Repair on my mainly used vehicles to max rank BECAUSE of the reduced delay. I don´t think I will use it with the 12 seconds delay and stick with Armor.
    • Up x 4
  4. Deschain

They usually only reset certs if the ranking system s changed,so don't hold your breath on that.
  5. Bush82

can we have an option added to the menu to spawn at the wargate when logging in. it takes way to long to load up when signing in for passive certs and 50% of the time it doesnt even load fully.
  6. Sobdude

Some statistics on this patch notes, number of nerfs/buffs:
    TR: 20 buffs, 2 nerfs
    VS: 8 buffs, 5 nerfs
    NC: 4 buffs, 7 nerfs.
    • Up x 4
  7. ThrowFives

I don't like the parts of this game I don't use. If we could make my favorite stuff super powerful and the rest of everything really weak, I promise I would only complain like... idunno... 4 or 5 times a week?

Please remove all the Liberators from PS2. I don't like them.
    • Up x 1
  8. PastalavistaBB

You can't really call slight adjustments "Buff"s. Nothing really changed.
  9. Sobdude

20 "slight" adjustments plus big nerfs on opposite faction, such as vanguard ones gives very big overall one faction boost.
  10. faykid

The AV MANA nerf does one thing: removes a weapon from the game. Yes, the turret was OP and broken, because the only effective use for it was beyond render range - because design. Within the tanks' range it was suicide tool. Now it is nothing but a suicide tool. You want to put 1000 damage into a tank? Just grab an HA, you'll be mobile, safe and more effective at that task. And you say reduce damage in half? What reason will be to use it if you have access to an infantry tool which deals 1000 damage and does not make you a shooting range dummy?

What they should have done, was change the turret completely. Make it a stationary artillery unit with damage of a tank main cannon, but half a tank's health (or even more), and much larger. Make it cost resources, be consumable. Make it have fire modes. Make it look and feel like an anti-tank gun. Like a deployable Phalanx. So you could fortify a hill with them.

But of course, the easiest way to fix an item is to remove it. Good luck using AV turret now. I don't see any UBGL around. I guess "balanced" means "absent".
    • Up x 8
  11. LazyAssOverlord

Really? A ROCKET with travel distance less then 500 meters? I would call this game ArcadeSide 2.
    • Up x 1
  12. RyanGUK

I generally like all the changes, Vanguard shield was OP and everybody knew it.

The Viper was too much of an all-rounder and now falls in line with all the MBT tanks in that you have to specify whether you want to be strong against Infantry, Vehicles or a lesser strength against both. No problem with that, I liked the Viper but it's not hard to guess why I liked it.

The falling out of ADS glitch has been patched, surprised nobody has jumped for joy at that.

Got straight pull bolt attachments now... Also great.

As for the TR weapons, that faction is looking very appealing now and falls in line with its traits. The TR tank nerfs are miniscule and I don't think many people will notice, unless you're just spamming spawn shields & suddenly notice your blast damage isn't giving you as many kills. Boohoo. No adjustments to the NC MBT main guns either, I'm surprised about that tbh... Guess they're where they want them to be.

To further add as well, the majority of NC nerfs are to do with recoil which I think is fair. We're not an overpowered faction anymore and with the TR changes, I doubt we'll be the ones being called overpowered for a while.

Overpowered == Overpopulated btw.

Oh and aaaaaalsoo... The HA shield nerf patch, please let that be soon. I'm confident that the idea hasn't been shelved but it needs a proper looking at. I want to say it should just be removed in place of the Adreneline and Resist shield, giving those two buffs but hey like that'll ever happen.
  13. Dalek

Just wanted to say...

YES!

The new Lynx looks amazing.

Lynx is my main weapon on engineer and light assault...

I buy fast RPM weapons because I am incapable of aiming for the head so this is a welcome change.
  14. Robertooooo

Like you didn't know it was just a matter of time until this nerf would happen. Hope you got alot of cheesy kills with it while it lasted :p
  15. Marti

The role of the AV Mana turret must be new designed. I go with @faykid saying that it should be some fortification tool with a shield for the engineer to save him at least from incoming tank shells. If it needs some kind of cunsumption I dont know, but in every case it should behave like a stationary rocket station and not like today on short range when you have to change position after 2-3 shots because otherwise you get one-hit-killed.

Another thing: What about the nerf for the heavy shield? I was looking forward to this (not that I dont use the heavy often, but I think it needs this win-button removed).

Even one more thing: I cant comment in the update notes thread, too.
    • Up x 1
  16. Arrean

What should i do to get an x64 client? I got game in steam.
  17. lovetheserpent

yay i love getting hands on new stuff and the briggs issues i am facing will finally be fixed
    ps: whats the duration of the downtime
  18. Sonahit

• EM6
      • Recoil recovery is being slowed down to match the general pattern of high-capacity, high-RPM (per damage class) LMGs having the lowest in class recoil recovery. This change makes the weapon more consistent with other LMGs.
      • Recoil recovery slowed down from 13 to 12

How i do understand this?
  19. DemoDan

Maintenance NOW! is not scheduled..
  20. =ADK= Turrican13

What?
    Vanu bullet drop?
    oh no....all the kiddies will lose EZMode and will complain...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.