Roll back patch, yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TheWolf1973, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Badname707

Nay. Game felt way smoother for me.
  2. OldMaster80

If they can fix this quiclky and give us decent performance: nay.
    If they need some time to figure out what's going on: yay.
  3. MANBURGERS

yeah, this is unacceptably bad

Framerate isn't just worse overall, there is what I would call massivestutter, kind of like microstutter, only MASSIVE, where framerate will jump from a tolerable 40-70+ range down into the 20s or lower every half second or so to where it makes me feel like I'm violently lurching through the environment. The sensation makes me feel like my eyes are going to vomit. Then of course there are the many areas or scenarios where framerate don't just violently fluctuate, but instead just dip into single digits and stay there, all this on my 4.7GHz 3930K and a GTX680...

What's more, is that the longer I was playing, the more and more I'd find certain weapons would cease functioning and would effectively shoot blanks. First it was primary weapons on tanks like Lightning AP, and Prowler HEAT, but secondary turrets like the Bulldog and Kobalt still worked. However then those eventually stopped working as well. And soon enough my MAX weapons stopped functioning and my infantry weapons became only half reliable as to whether or not any shots would register.

And of course my med kits still won't resupply, a problem that first cropped up for me starting with the start of the double XP weekend over a week ago, I've since had to start certing into the restoration kits

And that's before even getting into unwanted stealth changes such as how my Galaxy now handles like garbage on the ground

I certainly didn't put money into supporting this game for it to take 1 step forward and 4 steps back, by that math my vote is obvious, as a roll back would be taking 3 steps forward from where it is now.

What really sucks is that I activated a 7 day XP boost only a day or two before the patch hit, and now I don't know if I can even force myself to grind through this utter failboat to take advantage of that.
    • Up x 2
  4. AlasPoorJoric

It's pretty much unplayable for me like this. So obviously I say roll it back.
    I like the SMG, the defensive changes in the spawn areas, the general improvement in FPS (most noticeable for me in the AMP stations), but the stutter step, nonfunctional turrets and dropping to single digit FPS in certain situations (less areas with badly noticeable FPS drops, but the effected areas are much, much worse), actually breaks the game entirely.
    • Up x 1
  5. ArcKnight

6. Cryless

yes, please rollback!
  7. ArcKnight

we're freaking out because this isn't the first time we had a situation like this, before this it was on a less catastrophic scale
    • Up x 1
  8. Kozmyk

Too early to say.
    After such as extensive patch, bugs are inevitable.
  9. Leckermatz

I'm for a rollback, since I can't play anymore due to spikes on the server.
  10. hojjat

this patch get alot times for me to download !i just played 20min after download the game and i saw the 4gig download for patch! now i should wait 3 days to dl it :/:(:confused:11gig for a low fps game?
  11. ArcKnight

same here I can only download a maximum of 100MB per hour and I'm worried about downloading this patch knowing full well what the results will be
  12. hojjat

my speed is 120kb/sec! but now my luncher dl patch with 20-40kb/sec !!!! i have low speed and luncher lower it more :mad:
  13. ArcKnight

my speed is 223kb/sec, but the launcher downloads the game at 32kb/sex
  14. Sparkatb

Yay, very very yay, by far yay.
    More bad than good is in this patch.
    As usual... need a patch to fix the patch, same old ******* tune with SOE.
  15. Tarwyn

Yes - roll it back asap, then have the team take a day or two off to recharge their batteries. Once rested, come back and start fixing GU2, but without the pressures of "it has to be done & released yesterday" and/or "everything is broken, where's my hotfix??".
  16. cennsor

17. Cull58

Roll back asap
  18. Dreadnaught Wrex

This^ but I dont have a rather powerful comp, so I didnt notice any FPS issues before or after. I even agree with the NC I fight against.
  19. FightingFirst

Nay, SOE have always patched issues with PS2 quickly, I have faith that they will do the same thing with this one. From what Ive played the new changes are really good especially as the new base and spawn design increases the defensibility of bases leading to some truly epic battles. The render distance also seems better to me as well.
    FF
  20. EL_Cabuto

Nay,
    This patch brings some good things, which may take the fights to other bases than just "The Crown" on Indar.
    Let's be honest: 90% of the time was about attacking and defending The Crown, because it was/is good to defend. Other bases like Amp-Stations or Tech-Plants could be taken too easy and were too hard to defend, so most people left after the base was taken. 10 mins. later, when enemy sunderes show up, only a few people were still in the base to defend it against 50 attackers... sure that's not so funny ;).
    I'd say: Stick to the new patch and get rid of the bugs - asap!