RIP PPA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Caoo, Oct 30, 2014.

1. SpruceMoose

Oh yes I've stalker cloaked way behind enemy lines, time to ******* murder these AV engineer
    fight starts and.......PPA SPAM FROM ACROSS THE WORLD *****
    ppa: hey there saw you fighting that guy
    me: no **** off go get your own kills im busy
    ppa: nah nah nah ima just kill you to kill him now that hes away from the turret

so glad its gone
    getting team killed by that stupid gun got old real quick, ran out of c4 getting my revenge too now I can use it for NC once again
    cuz they ******* neeeeeeed my c4
  2. Mechwolf

So it just needed a COF. Not a ZOE/Striker nerf. When are they gonna ultra-nerf something of NC's?
  3. Konstantinn

No sympathy here. You guys got your certs from farming with a stupidly overpowered weapon for who knows how many months.
  4. LenaQuin

What exactly is/was the TR counterpart that would be a more effective vehicle based infantry farm tool than the pre nerf PPA?
  5. BiggggBRIM

Your faction's FREE LMG has more kills than a 1,000 cert weapon for the TR. Heck even your 500 cert weapon has double the kill rate.

7276 - SVA-88 | KPU | Daily Average: 25.87
    80 - Orion VS54 | KPU | Daily Average: 12.76
    7533 - T7 Mini-Chaingun | KPU | Daily Average: 12.31

How do you like your Commissar Hat? Just kidding! You ain't got a choice.
  6. Badname707

Sure, but at least theirs is on the prowler. At least those can reasonably be whittled down one at a time. Magrider swarms have to be dealt with practically all at once.
  7. FieldMarshall

TLDR: Guy with Scythe avatar doesent like PPA balancing and tries to hide it as a "VS should have lasers" thread.
  8. DatVanuMan

So by that knowledge, it can't be nerfed!:p
    Seriously though, I wouldn't mind the Lancer's projectile dissipating after a certain distance but with added velocity. What do you think?
  9. Alarox

The velocity is already high enough. Faster than a sniper rifle's projectile.
    • Up x 1
  10. asmodraxus

Now that the PPA's been nerfed

Next up

Nerf the f*** out of the following

Banshee (confirmed to be adjusted)
    Prowlers main guns (locked down gives the highest DPS more DPS) as there's no reason to get gunners a 1/2 Prowler is = 2/2 Mag
    Pounder needs its AI ability nerfed whilst a slight buff to the AV department
  11. barunedpat

I thought they were going to go ZOE on lockdown, not prowler guns?
  12. Xasapis

Not to mention that if the effective range is lowered, the speed of the projectile becomes less important.

All the infantry AV weapons that can shoot beyond the infantry level range need to be toned down to that level range or even lower. Adjust the power if necessary. In other games where you could do damage to things you couldn't see, infantry shooting beyond their visual range would be fine perhaps. On PS2 however, anything that does not render is immune, thus a new rule needs to be applied. If you don't render for your targets, you can't damage them.

Prowler main gun is a huge problem for the MBT, which is something a lot of TR do not understand (or don't care at this point). The problem is that you can't have equally good secondaries to the other empires, when the main cannon so heavily outperforms the main cannons of the other empires. Then again, if you can't have decent secondary guns, why bother with them to begin with?
    • Up x 2
  13. Alarox

For once we completely agree.
  14. DatVanuMan

Let me ask you something:
    Does it make sense for the Walker (Which certainly uses conventional bullets) to have a higher projectile velocity than the Lancer, which uses BEAM technology to destroy vehicles? The Lancer should actually dissipate over a certain range, but should be nearly hitscan.
  15. Alarox

Does it make sense that a projectile accelerates after it is fired? (Enforcer)
    Does it make sense that a rocket can nearly destroy an aircraft in one hit but can't kill infantry with a direct shot to the face? (Phoenix)

There are plenty of examples where game balance is prioritized over realism.

In this particular case, to ensure that the weapon takes at least some skill to use rather than it being literally hit-scan.
    • Up x 1
  16. Cyrek

I am very disappointed:

That the PPA remains almost the same just without the mindless hold Left click and a slightly less ammo per magazine.
  17. Xasapis

That is actually far from true. First day's results (with only one day's results though) and the Canister is top performer, PPA close second and Marauder lagging behind.
  18. Alan Kalane

Pls tell me the name of one launcher that can insragib a tank solo
  19. DQCraze

Sorry weve been living in a state of nerf for 18 months now, its your turn to enjoy being pummeled into the ground for a change. Enjoy the new PPA, not only does it do nothing, it sounds stupid too. I actually laughed at a harasser who tried to kill me with it as i pulled out my decimator blew him sky high. lmao
  20. Tinman_au

Dont really care about the PPA, no one on Briggs uses it anyway, most VS weapons are crap anyway (after getting my alts on the other sides to the 50's, most VS weapons are crap, better off using NS stuff....though SOE expect you to pay for those of course,,,)