RIP PPA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Caoo, Oct 30, 2014.

1. z1967

Nope.
  2. aoyagiaichou

Ah, good. Thanks. I was just wondering if it's just became completely pointless for Scythes.
  3. Flag

They changed the sound though!

:(
  4. Canno

You can have the certs back for the weapon if you give back the certs you farmed with it. Deal?
    • Up x 1
  5. DatVanuMan

BRO. The PPA not only ruined their fights, but my fights as well. Kill stealing while 100+ meters away! HUH.
    However, what I do despise is how the NC and TR are focusing on the Lancer next. That crap is BALANCED, and there is no need for a nerf. However, if they decide to limit range, give the Lancer higher velocity and no effect on damage.
  6. StrykerRyo

Indeed, OP weapons were annoying, but as NC I'd say it's like reason #4 as to why we lose to Vanu.

In fact I fear the most the wrath that will be felt as revenge for this nerf... I just know they are going to take it out on us.. with sadistic glee..
  7. Hylo

People SPEND HOURS AND SOME REAL MONEY on this stuff so if you SOE going to keep doing this stuff, you best return the certs/money.
  8. Spankay

I'm TR, but damn, give this man a cookie and a promotion! He should be given a title like Battle Priest Of The Vanu.
    • Up x 2
  9. t31os

FTFY ...

Do you judge races on one or two people to? Just curious.
  10. DatVanuMan

Wait, why did you quote me twice?
    And what do you mean either times?
  11. t31os

FTFY (fixed that for you).

First quote was the original, second was with the correction made(i did bold the changed text to make it stand out more, but it's harder to see bold in quotes).
  12. Frostiken

Funny how game balance suddenly becomes irrelevant when it comes to the other factions being fair.

Compare the Lasher to the MCG. If the MCG isn't massively overpowered and outrageously EZMODE, I'll eat a Commissar Hat. The gun even has a spin-up that's supposed to balance it that is so quick it seems meaningless. I'm actually usually killed by the thing before I even hear it finish spinning up.

Oh but hey, the VS gets an extremely low-damage low-accuracy weapon that mandates I fire it at people's feet to accomplish anything whatsoever with it. Because having one of the highest TTK weapons in the game as our 'heavy weapon' is totally balanced.
    • Up x 2
  13. Epic High Five

It's got splash and hits harder than a SAW. All of the HA specials are extremely niche, and the MCG IS massively OP it's just not being utilized properly (BRRT baby)
  14. Spankay

Then you should give back the certs you got from it, deal?
    Also, welcome to the Striker club.
  15. Bixli

...yeah , just whine everything down until ps2 turns into a walking simulator.
  16. Frostiken

It's got splash so minor and accuracy so poor and a fire rate so low that in order to kill someone with the splash it takes longer than it takes to kill me with almost any other weapon in the game you can think of.
  17. ColonelChingles

Because the PPA and the vast majority of VS weapons are not laser weapons? If they're not laser weapons why would we (as you point out) expect them to defy gravity like lasers or move at the speed of light like lasers?

But the lore says that the VS have plasma weapons... and their current weapons act pretty similarly to what hypothetical plasma weapons should do. Maybe they need bullet drop, should move more slowly, and have severe damage degradation at range. But otherwise reasonable for plasma weapons.
  18. DatVanuMan

AH. I just noticed.
    Well, mostly NC and TR are focusing on the Lancer. And MOST of the NC and TR are focusing on the Lancer. Seriously, everyone complains about it, despite not being the subject of attention in the past... So, what the hell is going on?
  19. gibstorm

Cause you don't rain down death from the other side of the map, If people were using it from 200m away it would get nerfed into oblivion as well

When you spin it up and going into a room, You could get a few kills but you are going to die using it.

When you here it spinning up throw some nades into the door way or send a max = Dead HA
  20. Pfundi

No. A Plasma weapon would shoot. And then the plasma would just disappear. Like smoke.
    The gun would need to form a magnetic "tube" in what the plasma could travel to hit a target.
    So a real plasma weapon would:
    -have very limited range
    -no damage after ~2m bacause it cools down
    -not be able to hit a NC Soldier because of the magnetic fields from Mag Cutter, Gauß weapons etc.
    The VS weapons are more like particle weapons. But they would need a magnetic field too. Only neutrons would fit. And then we again would have a penetrator with drop and dropping damage.
    Lasers are a whole other theme again.