Reporting players

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR AlexS, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokezHerbalot

everyone who knows about their new command of /report /ignore and so forth....IT'S ALL A LOAD OF CRAP IT DONT WORK AND IT NEVER WILL
    it's just meant to make it seem like they did something but it's just a little something to make us think they actually did something but in reality nothing has been resolved....especially this /report
    can i get some THUMBS UP for all the people who /report but yet NOTHING has been done....but HEY i'm sorry we will investigate this....but of course we are not eligible to tell you what happens to that person's account
    THANK YOU COME AGAIN
    • Up x 4
  2. Hyncharas

I agree that reporting people seems like a waste of time. Tonight on Indar around TI Alloys and Suarva, a tremendous amount of NC players were warping all over the place. When this happens the entire game slows down, because you people all around you lagging out.

If this is the price of an F2P MMO, it's a disgrace.
  3. KidApathy

4. geistreiches

you are just silly and the reason the real hackers get lost because people like you reporting all kind of **** related to bugs
    • Up x 1
  5. geistreiches

this is not hacking this is a bug/lag related to the game, don't talk if you do not have a clue what you are talking about
  6. DeadSudsy

However, using a bug to your advantage is called exploiting, and still against the rules. Yeah yeah I know, it's only illegal if you get caught, but that's also why there's such a thing as /report

This game has an overwheming number of cheap tactics available so that exploits and hacks aren't really necessary. Plus cheap tactics aren't against the rules. So if you lack the skills to be a real player, no need to risk getting banned, just start playing cheap.

Sleep tight kiddies.
    • Up x 2
  7. Mafran

The fact that those in question might not even be aware of it; since everything seems normal and fine to them both FPS and latency-wise is totally irrelevant? Its a known bug and requires the players to mess around their programs and possibly BIOS - its not up to them to fix, but rather the DEVs to fix. Granted I am one of those afflicted with this bug, thus I warp around all over the place it seems to others. And if its expected that I have to alter or modify my machine that I've spent more than 1k+ on upgrading recently to appease people, I'm sorry to say "Tough." I'm not risking a monetary investment for the sake of another's leisure time.
    • Up x 1
  8. geistreiches

lagging around like crazy because of the out of sync problems is not an atvantage, please use your brain... if you see all lagging it might even be the case that you are the one lagging and therefore are the issue for your problem
  9. A3DELITIST

So tonight i was up high spotting and noticed this guy a little different than usual.
    Can somebody tell me what i saw?

10. Lessmessino

tell us noob kiddo whats that hack what u use cuz u were invisible, its a hack or u hacked ur latency
    its not just a 'call', u r a hacker!!!
  11. Zerran

There are a number of issues that can cause invisibility Less. Possibilities include a known issue of the infiltrator cloak causing complete invisibility (a bug/issue with low graphics, not a hack or exploit), or him just not having rendered for you (either due to a bug, server overload, lag, or just a computer issue).
    • Up x 1
  12. Lessmessino

he was in scythe and only he was invisible and only see that how flick across on the minimap about 2 times and thats all, i couldn't see him on minmimap more times and around me, just shot me from ether
  13. A3DELITIST

Hi, i have just been back a few pages to see if your talking to me or somebody else?

If its me your talking to then i must point out to you that i have only ever played as NC and we dont have a Scythe ;)
    Nor have i ever hacked or cheated in any game on any platform ever.

But if your talking to somebody else then...continue.
  14. Lessmessino

not to u, that post deleted which i wrote to
  15. MissTiger

I get that alot. It seems to be a lag-related issue. I know this because I have bad lag alot. I think the game is told the guy is walking, then forgets to turn or stop him. The guy in question doesn't experience it, but you see it. It usually resolves itself with the air-walker disappearing and then reappearing somewhere else (your game caught up with what his actual actions were.)

I could be wrong, but that's my take on it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Technologist

That was me. My real name is Luke Sky Walker
    • Up x 1
  17. MajorHertz

If you do a search on the forums for "desync" that appears to be what the cause is, the player doesn't actually see themselves walking in the air, the server and client get out of sync and the server has the player in a different spot than the client. This also causes the no damage bug where your bullets don't hurt anything.
  18. A3DELITIST

Ah ok thanks for pointing that out!

That sounds logical but shamefull if that is the case, if the lag is on the players side then they should not be allowed to connect to teh server at all.
    If its server side then thats appalling.

Cool beans pal.

Thanks for telling me this, again this is appaling if this is the case, issues like this should simply not be happening after the game has been out for this long.

I still am not comfortable with laying down any amount of cash for a subscription until the game is in a state where it can be played each night without the amount of issues that currently keep croping up.
    I really feel for the guys who have paid for subscriptions and get all the issues this game has been throwing out each and every game update and following week.

I am sure they will get there in the end and maybe im talking a bit out of term but....imo this game is still full of bugs that should not be there, id say its almost a Beta like experience playing this game lately.

Shame as its hands down my favourite game at the moment (when it works as intended).
    • Up x 1
  19. Rulistic

Found some what of a fix for myself. This is meant to fix "out of memory errors in other games"
    Also not recommended for 64bit. But I did it anyway.....shh
    1. Open Command Prompt (cmd.exe) as an administrator.
    2. In the console, type "bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072" and hit enter.
    3. Run Planetside 2 and see if it has worked.
    4. If it doesn't work and you'd like to revert the changes go back to the console and type "bcdedit /deletevalue increaseuserva" and hit enter.
    I also seen that anyone running steam version should make sure steam community is enabled.
    1. In Steam go to View->Settings
    2. In the IN-GAME tab activate "Enable Steam Community In-Game"
    3. Right-click Planetside 2 and select Properties then ensure "Enable Steam Community In-Game" is checked here too.
    4. Relaunch Planetside 2 from Steam
    • Up x 1
  20. Srot42

how could the staff be so incompetent that they cant bann the even the most obvious heckers? For example there are many NC (sry for that but i see 90% hacking them) jerks, who hacking under texture, killing players, they get reported, when the staff member is online, but you think happend something? Nope!!! They happily ruining the game for others hours after first report! So in this case, the question arises: WTF ARE THE STAFF DOING?!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.