[Suggestion] Remove C4 from LA or buff tank HP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dethonlegs

I brought up invisible C4 flashes as they've taken me out while I was using radar and keeping an eye out for drifters. By the time you hear them it's too late. There really is very little you can do about them.

Perhaps if they made C4 not stick to things, similar to tank mines, that would solve things.

I have an alt on Connery that wrecks stuff with NSVS. It's getting more use of late as Briggs is dead more often than not. Also, for some reason mines are not so much of a problem on Connery. Probably has something to do with the high number of friendlies taking them out. Mineguard has it's place, but I don't like taking the stealth out of the flank.
  2. killdead

lool
  3. BakaRaymoo

Bro. The tank blew up. He turns to look back(cant help it; watching tanks blow up is fun), and a bunch of wreckage flies past the screen.

lol @ tanks get a 2 second appearance in the trailer and its just of them explodering

Its the alien, Lng. He added my NC name but not my VS, of course :\
  4. killdead

Here we see Mr. Galt buying me a bounty because his skyguard got c4'd.
    • Up x 3
  5. Reclaimer77

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap! I think I just blew a lung out.

Please PM me and tell me how I can join you guys. I need to roll with this!

Poor John..HAHAHA. He went from sucking in a Vanguard to sucking in a Lightning....
    • Up x 2
  6. Moridin6

i wouldnt say he sucked.. we hear that he was clearly trying very hard, and scoring some good hits, tracking their drop pods on the way down even., he was on the move a lot of the time although clearly not enough, he Did sit still at the end. suddenly moving could very well have saved him once kill landed

but

Kill's fuel use timing was on point,

AND (and this is more important than the fuel use) he and his pal WORKED TOGETHER, using the fact we are unable to look two places at once and distraction to get their target.

point is up until his going stationary at the end i give John a B, a better than average effort and display of "skill"

the LA boys get an A+ though, well done
    • Up x 3
  7. JohnGalt36

Like I said in the original post, I am salty. I just see unbelievably cheesy tactics being used in the video, but hey, maybe it's hard for some people.

:rolleyes:
  8. BakaRaymoo

:eek: omg, kill, its beautiful. i solemnly vow to log on earlier to play with you more.

also, ive resigned myself to editing tonight thanks to your inspiration

farm a br15 on vanu connery (you can redistribute certs at 15). thats enough for drifters and c4. the certs come fast after that. a lot of our NC friends have switched to vanu and done just this. next 1000 is Hunter QCX w explosive bolt (strictly better than underbarrel launcher, go test it), 1000 after that is Lancer. dont worry about guns; only newbs buy guns in ps2. just use the stock shotty and take out a bunch of engis or snipers nearby after you kill a vanny. honestly, im to the point where i prefer hunting down archer, rocket and bolt babies hiding in the mountains or on top of buildings. tanks are just too damned easy

alternatively to farming you could just fly our valk. valk driver makes a lot of money in our squad

add bakaraymootr or kittenignition
    • Up x 1
  9. Sebastien

Oh my ****, boys. This is beyond ********, in fact I have an image that sums up this thread.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. BakaRaymoo

@Sebastien

Your How to use the Vanguard guide is incomplete. I could not find the section about begging for nerfs to the enemy faction. Please update your material
    • Up x 1
  11. sebastian oscar post

12. Azawarau

Thats 300 resources spent if you succeed

Seems fair considering the risk reward
  13. Haquim

If prices did not change, its 200. 50 for the wraith flash, and 150 for two bricks of C4,75 each.
  14. Azawarau

For some reason my mind went to harasser

Still the chance of failure is high when youre driving a bomb that will blow when the C 4 is hit
    • Up x 1
  15. Haquim

Thats why I said wraith flash.
    That makes the chance of failure plummet. If you don't mess up its almost guaranteed to succeed actually.
    I don't know how it goes on other servers but on Cobalt they were quite a problem for a week or so in spring last year I think.

I think you need 2 people because C4 vanishes when you change class, but basically....
    Step 1: Be infiltrator, pull a wraith flash with a fury as gun.
    Step 2: Get any one ally with C4 to drop 2 bricks on the front of your vehicle.
    Step 3: Cloak and drive into the back of your victim
    Step 4: Decloak, open fire and destroy the C4 with the furys explosive damage, blowing your flash, your victim and yourself up.

Success rate: HIGH
    Cost: 200 nanites + 1 death
    Enemy casualties: Usually 450 nanites + 2 engineers

Variants exist.
    I remember when a huge VS zergfit steamrolled everything but had only one proper spawnsundy deployed we put 8 bricks or so on my flash. I drove to their (shielded!)sundy and blew it up in one go. Also a couple bystanders.

The only way to prevent the cheese I just described I can think of is what Demigan suggested:
    Split C4 into an AI and AV version, with the AV version having no explosion at all and only damaging a target it has latched on to.
    The AI version naturally simply doesn't harm vehicles.

Oh, but that would propably make C4, and thus light assaults, useless and lead to infantery getting farmed by metal boxes tanks....
  16. Reclaimer77

Interesting how you just described teamwork, and clockwork the precision execution of a tactic, "cheese"...
  17. Haquim

It is an invisible bomb that doesn't show up on radar and blows you up almost instantly, usually before the server even notifies you that you're getting shot from behind.
    Thats as cheesy as it gets and dropping C4 on your buddys flash and letting him do the work is not exactly my definition of "teamwork".
    At least its not the kind of teamwork that should enable you to decimate potentially vastly superior enemy forces, like setting up an ambush.
  18. Reclaimer77

And how many people get a warning before some MBT shell one-shot kills them?? Isn't stealth MBT's one of the most popular setups?

Freaking hypocrisy....
    • Up x 1
  19. CrazyFrog

thread poster is right,Light assault should not have C4,and neither should medics, light assault is for recon,jumping over base walls etc not single handed taking out patrols of vehicles by flying in the air and dropping c4 like stealth bombers,pretty unbalances the game and removes the point of heavy assault,its easier to take out vehicles with light assaults,and why the hell can medics have c4 ? there jobs is to heal and revive and provide support not be a 1 man army,the class system still needs a fair bit of work and they need to be more class specific perk to them rather than giving the option to unlock weapons and such for class's that should not even have them.

but as it stands logicly and realisticly c4 should be removed from light assaults,but in order to make this balanced so light assaults dont get neglected there run speed unlock should be a passive,so they just run a bit faster,this would make it way more balanced and ofcourse removing c4 from medics -.-
  20. Savadrin

This is a true story. I turn my harasser into a bomb whenever I am running without a gunner. I have to be much more careful to sneak on tanks because if they even SEE me, I have to disengage. Otherwise well, yeah. One shot = 300/375 nanites.

I still laugh most of the times they trigger my c4 though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.