Really!? Tank Mine won't blow up next to each other!??

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by BlazingTiger, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Unclematos7

If they wanted it to be used like a mine, then they shouldn't have inflated it in the first place.
    • Up x 1
  2. jiggu

If they want them to be mines then maybe they shouldn't be enormous pizza boxes yelling at all nearby tanks HEY DON'T STEP ON ME THAT HURTS
    • Up x 3
  3. RenegadeHelios

There is that, but it doesn't blow up when stuff drives over it anyway.

It's officially a pizza box that makes a large explosion when you shoot it. That's about it. >.>
    • Up x 2
  4. deggy

I've noticed them working more lately, actually. I'm proud of SOE for only taking far too long to fix this instead of never fixing it.
  5. RenegadeHelios

I haven't had one blow up when something drove over it for nearly two months. ._.
  6. Kociboss

It's very inconsistent. They do not trigger 100% of the time at least not for me.

When vehicle drives over them unawarely (which is mindblowing, due to their size and "puffiness") it's basically a coin flip.
  7. isilyan

Somewhat better now, if you use then non pizza:rolleyes:
    But along way from where they should be:(
  8. Ceskaz

Didn't cause me troubles in AMS hunting trip. I tend to throw grenade AND shoot mines with my primary, just to be sure.
  9. stalkish

This is defo the case, ive seen enemy vehicles drive over my mines without detonation only for the next vehicle to get destroyed, or watched as a friendly tank infront of me drives over mines without detonation only for me to be sent back to the spawn room a second later.
    Yesterday i killed a AMS with tank mines, dropped 3 under it shot 1 of them and they all blew, but i've also seen the opposite happen where 1 mine is shot and the other 2 are sitting their, perfectly content.

At this point im not even sure what is intended any more.
  10. Crayv

I really wish they would make the mines tiny again. I don't really care if they only render when a few meter from them. If don't want to die to them you shouldn't drive so fast you can't stop in time or you could have an alert gunner. Then if that isn't enough you could even use *gasp* mine guard!

Also with lattice they would be nice since you have a good idea what roads enemy zergs are going to take.
    • Up x 2
  11. Ghost_Leader

I'd like to see 2 types of AT mines:

1. The current AT mines.Leave resource cost,make them smaller and/or blend better with the enviroment.Essentially a venicle trap.
    2. The second type would be an even smaller mine,that's cheaper and does less damage.Perfect for a minefield.But due to the number of these mines they will be more visible,but will slow down an enemy zerg.
  12. Crayv

Oh and the render distance on AT mines are a bit extreme anymore.

[IMG]

No that's not at the top of the hill I'm taking cover on it is near that base that is 300m away.
    • Up x 1
  13. BigBooty

When standing like 10 meters from the mine, I take damage, but the mine less than 5 inches from it doesn't get scathed whatsoever.

PLANETSIDE 2 LOGIC.
    • Up x 2
  14. BigBooty

With the time and resources it takes to kill a full health sunder you don't really need to be able to aim to stop a 1 man assault, or even a lightning/MBT.
  15. Rikkit

I used to use Tankmines quite often with my engeneer, but since they are broken, i switched to Medkit.
    It is verry unlikely to get a kill with mines these days. They often don't explode when a ennemy vehicle passes by,
    They dont explode to other explosives...

The only kill i get post nerf was this one:
    I was running around with my Sniper, when i spottet a lightning standing next to his own mines. I was able to snipe two AT-mines, this action set it on fire. The driver drives quicly to cover, to rescue his tank. Sadly he parked his vehicle next to an other mine....

Oh and placing Tankmines in spawnrooms still works. Thanks to all the fools who explode them in a full spawnroom :D
  16. Ceskaz

I still do Sunderer hunting trip with mt engie. 3 tank mine, a silenced blitz to not show on radar if I have to shoot.
    I place it under, the closer as possible to each other; then I throw a grenade and shoot at them to be sure they all explose.
    Shooting at it is one more thing but it works.
  17. Rikkit

why the nade? In the moment Tankmines only take direkt damage.
  18. Ceskaz

Old habit.
  19. Rikkit

ah ok, than i understand. *Dream: ah good old times*
  20. Vanus Aran

Because Sony are ********.

They hate people doing something else instead of braindead Lemming-styling and dying in vain.
    • Up x 1