Really!? Tank Mine won't blow up next to each other!??

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by BlazingTiger, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Ryme

Did they fix the resistance bugs on vehicles? Someone was reporting that it was around 20 bricks last week.

Also, does anyone know if the current state of aoe is intended and not just a bug they haven't fixed yet? There were also a lot of reports of aoe not working properly, ie. a rocket not setting off C4 stuck on a tank, grenades not setting off mines, C4 not setting off mines, etc.
  2. deggy

I've always thought that they should be completely immune to all splash damage. So I hope that gets fixed.
    • Up x 1
  3. NoctD

I'm fine with the change - noticed it too. I'd rather they shrink tank mines so they can be used properly to trap vehicles in motion, the current cow patties are far too large and only the blind will drive over them.

As for the suicide bombing... make them trigger instantly upon deploy. You can still kill a wounded vehicle, or you can make 2 suicide runs, or you can use C4 instead.

Let tank mines be tank mines, not IEDs.
    • Up x 1
  4. Tuco

PS1 mines are awesome
  5. Blarg20011

Soooo... if were not supposed to use mines to suicide bomb, can we at least have them shrunk slightly so a blind man can't see them in the dark from 50 m?
    • Up x 3
  6. BlazingTiger

Not really, I just want to stop the Zerg and defend my base. If I have to do it myself, I will.
  7. BlazingTiger

Sorry, I'm still able to solo that Sundy. :D Just not so convenience as before.
  8. BlazingTiger

I'll be alright guys. For better or for worse, changes come and I must adapt to it. The game provides you with so many ways of achieving your objectives.

On a side note, has anyone tried or like this combo set up: 2 guys, 1 infiltrator with cloaked Flask. 1 engineer with utility belt full of mines (or c4). Both hop on the infiltrator's Flask. Cloak and drive around looking for enemy's vehicles. Once at the vehicle, decloak Flask, engineer hops off, set up mines (or c4s), engineer blows up the mines or have infiltrator fury those mines. Dead vehicles, continue on to another vehicle. Lol loads of fun. You'll probably need an engineer with lots of mines with a fully certed utility belt.
  9. BlazingTiger

Btw, is there a way to find out how many vehicles we have killed in our character's life time. Or to be more specific, how many Sundere you have killed?
  10. TomoB

So nades won't set mines off, but for some reason tank shells do? Why not make tank shells ineffective too so that engineer/gunner would need to jump out from their tank to shoot the mines or gunner use his MG? At least they need to blow up the mines individually now, I guess. As mines seem to be pure luck devices anyway what comes to enemy driving over them so they could AT LEAST slow tanks down a bit.

After at mine fix I saw enemy flash drive over my mine, mine exploded and the blody flash SURVIVED.
  11. Ryekir

12. Ghost_Leader

Ok,let's leave aside the whole "suicide rush" on sunderers.How about we go back to their original function? Laying them as a trap and instantly blow up clueless drivers.I have invested in Utility pouch,so I can carry 4 mines at the same time and lay 2 mines at 2 different places.A lightning drew over 2 of my mines yesterday,only on blew up and the guy just shot me.This bug/change totally breaks that.
    Mines also need to be smaller and/or possibly a change to their appearance to blend better with the enviroments.
    • Up x 2
  13. Shinrah

Yes, I suggest changes similiar profound as the changes to AP mines.

SOE´s way of thinking:
    Dev1 "People have been complaining about dying to AP mines, apparently if you step on an AP mine you die!!"
    Dev2 "What? How could we overlook this, they were never supposed to kill anyone!"
    Dev1 "Yeah, this was a grievious oversight on our part, and worst of all people have trouble spotting them"
    Dev2 "Oh man, we really screwed this one up. How on earth did we ever think it was a good idea to create AP mines that are hard to see and kill non flakk´d players?"
    Dev1 "Damn right, lets fix this!"
    Dev2 "What do you propose?"
    Dev1 "Let´s give em 2 or 3 blinking cyan lights, reduce their dmg, screw up the code so that they dont always work, and generally make them useless"
    Dev2 "Sounds solid, but make it so that at least one factions mines still work like before!"
    Dev1 "Hell yeah!"
    • Up x 4
  14. SevenTwo

I've never had much enjoyment out of AV mines beyond sabotaging enemy vehicle spawn pads even before the recent changes.

I'd like to see them with a much lowered profile and "automatic" camouflage depending on what continent you are on and maybe an increase in trigger range beyond vehicles literally having to hit them with their tracks/wheels. All things considered, they are currently pretty naff compared to what they should be (area denial or ambush tools).
  15. Alarox

If you can't defend your sunderer then you don't deserve to keep it. Being able to drop pod onto it was cheesy, but the game shouldn't be designed such that even after driving or walking right up to the sunderer it should intentionally be a hassle to blow up.
  16. Calisai

So, I hadn't heard about the changes specifically. So, while fighting a Sundy under a Biolab pad, my Mag gets taken down while I'm repairing it. I bum-rush the Sundy, throw down 3 mines, smack my sticky grenade to the pile and run around the side of the Sundy shooting at a couple infantry. Grenade goes off... Sundy still up... I go WTF. Run around to see my Pile of three mines still sitting there. So I whip out my rifle and BAM... Sundy explodes.

So I guess grenades no longer explode vehicle mines. Just makes it a bit harder to do... but really... not a issue for me overall. Did I miss the patch notes where this was changed? I felt pretty confused while it was happening...
  17. Calisai

Well, on the positive side... I've been blown up twice by mines since the change to Thermal not to highlight mines. I've also hit about 3-4 single mines as well (requiring me to repair a 1/4 health Mag because of it) So that's a positive change at least. They are decently hard to see in certain terrains, especially if a small ridgeline is used to mask their location from a certain direction.

I see way too many thrown out in the middle of a road with nothing around them except white or grey road where they stand out. Those are the easy ones to avoid... it's the groupings near the small tree's that can be driven over that get me.
  18. Calisai

I think that the splash damage of a Tank round isn't setting them off anymore. A direct hit does, but you have to be more precise in taking them out. I noticed this change around the same time as the nade change.
  19. Calisai

Vehicles, yes. Specific vehicles, no. I'd love to see how many Sundies I've killed. I'd think the number would be staggering. Unfortuntely, The API doesn't differentiate between different types of vehicles killed. stats.dasanfall.com has some pretty good statistics parsed out. It's a bit infantry biased, but is pretty useful for vehicle drivers as well.
  20. 5ou1

So much of this..