PS4 port of Planetside 2!!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ClusterBomb, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Botji

CPU and GPU development is slowing down a lot compared to a few years ago(5 or more...). A new high end computer you buy today probably wont be "out dated" in like, forever.

My CPU is 5 years old, its a i7 920 but its still one of the better ones around. Right now we have so much hardware power that it will probably last us a good 5 years more. I mean even new games like PS2 doesnt even push it that far past 50% average load. The CPU/GPU makers knows this, its why the new hardware the last 5 years are hardly faster than my i7 920, there is little need or demand for anything faster on the general market.
  2. DeadliestMoon

Technology is always changing, there's probably someone out there who is making something faster than an i7.
  3. Botji

Probably but my point is there is no need for it, if you are going to use it to play games its not the hardware that is limiting us right now so making even more powerfull CPUs is kind of a waste.
  4. NC_agent00kevin

Souce on 2.7ghz pls. Everything I rad thus far says 1.6ghz. (BTW its also based on the AMD competetion for the Intel Atom chip - not the gamer's first choice ;) )

Im also going to have to point out the garbage performance on 8 AMD 3.5ghz cores right now.

8 GB GDDR5 is shared with both video and system; PCs these days 1. dont share memory and 2. have much more than 8gb.

Also GDDR5 is not system memory its graphic memory; DDR5 for PCs is only on the horizon due to latency and a host of other issues. DDR5 and GDDR5 are two different things.

Most high end PCs these days are running 8 core or 4 core w/hyperthread chips clocked greater than 3.2ghz. I have an older rig clocked at 4.1ghz x4 cores. My PC would be considered low end by those with new rigs, but I consider it medium-end because of the overclocking and its ability to perform.

The PS4 is about equivalent to a new entry level gaming PC man. Its far from high end.