PS4 port of Planetside 2!!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ClusterBomb, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Brainwayne

FPS on a console???
    nothing beats mouse+keyboard controls when it comes to FPS
  2. Botji

Im pretty much clueless when it comes to the PS4 but im pretty sure you can have a mouse and keyboard for them if you want nowadays.
  3. Brainwayne

really? standart keayboards and mouse like usb or do you have to buy some rare and expensive additional equipment?
    my last console was super nintendo :rolleyes:
  4. DirArtillerySupport

My last console was an Intellivision...even it had a number pad on the controller.
  5. DeadliestMoon

The problem with that analogy is that cars, just like PCs, tend to break down for no apparent reason. Blue screen much?

You also forgot about Gamefly and the fact that people only buy games that they want so the whole $60 per game isn't much of an issue, especially when over time prices drop. You also mentioned Xbox when this is a Sony game and will come out for the PS4, which is $100 cheaper than the Xbox One, PSN is $10 cheaper for a one year subscription and with that comes two free games every month. Face it dude, consoles are a bargin deal.
  6. DeadliestMoon

Lol. You're obviously not serious.
  7. Botji

Blue screens are like a problem from the win2k period.
    As long as you dont use a crappy OEM Windows that they have fiddled with, OCed too much/wrong or have faulty hardware you simply dont get blue screens, well it might happen but its very rare.

If you get a bluescreen there is like 95% chance its because of someone doing something stupid to your computer, either the OEM that messed up the Windows installation with their malware, the person that built the computer or the person that OCed the system. If you like me built your computer yourself you dont have to deal with the OEM issue and the other causes are me doing something stupid. Then you have that 5% chance that something actually did go wrong with Windows/drivers etc.

You seem to be as far removed from PC gaming as I am from consoles : P

Whats wrong with that?
    My last console was also a SNES and it was awesome.
  8. DeadliestMoon

Lol. You got me there. The biggest thing that bothers me about the PC is that people who play on it think that it there's nothing wrong with it when it clearly has issues. Like for example, I have yet to meet anyone who admits that there's an imbalance among PC gaming, one guys has low specs while another has high specs. Who do you think would win if they competed against each other?

Nothing is wrong with that, although you missed out on some good games for console, it's actually the first part of his post that I was referring to. Does he not know that consoles now have usb ports for controllers and that you can connect a mouse and keyboard to it in order to browse the web?
  9. HUNTERANGEL121

I find it funny how you think PCs are that expensive... You're right they are more expensive. That's a given. Now the thing is though you don't need a computer that expensive. People seem to think that PC gaming is so expensive. I paid $1000 for my PC was able to run the game on ultra, that is until it started crashing, what can you do about crashing lol.
  10. Naceo

Let's see, on one side consoles will always have to deal with the hardware stuck in em from launch till they day they die. On the other hand for PCs... Well, anyone who suffered through the death march known as the Windows experience will have a few words to say about that.

Say what you want about consoles, at least you don't have microsoft secretly trying to sabotage you at every turn (unless you get an Xbox in which case, you poor bastard :D).
  11. HUNTERANGEL121

Let's see in 5 years which will play better lol.
  12. Brainwayne

No, i did not know :rolleyes:

I've never cared about consoles - I still play on my SNES sometimes when my friends wants to beat me in Mariocart :D
  13. Brainwayne

btw, i always thought about it as a part of the competition. Like in the old days when fiddling around with the settings in counterstrike to get the best connection or update-rate... who else here remember "cl_updaterate", "cl_cmdrate" etc. :D
    I think it was awesome to be able to do that
  14. DeadliestMoon

By that time the PS5 will be 3x more powerful than today's current high end PC. Lol.
  15. Brainwayne

but PCs as well...
  16. DeadliestMoon

Lol. Apart of the competition? In what way is that fair?
  17. DeadliestMoon

True, but not everyone will have access to NASA's computers. :p
  18. Brainwayne

in every way, since everybody was able to do that.

I guess console vs. pc is the same useless discussion as mac vs. pc... no point in even try to use reasonable arguments since its a matter of personal point of view
  19. DeadliestMoon

True, but you know what they say, "the best way to fix a Mac is to buy a PC." :p

Edit: To be honest, that makes it seem like the person who has the most money to shell out on expensive parts will always have an advantage. Sorry but I just don't think that promotes a fair and competitive playing field. Also my paranoia makes me think that the second part of your post was a jab at how all console players "won't see the light of the glorious master race PC." But I know that's not the case.
  20. Brainwayne

so true