PS2 is a broken game... and why.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vishnue, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Hegeteus

That guy sure likes to boast about being a proud, organized army man. In my country(where going to army is more of a rule than exception), there is a notorious stereotype for guys who like to keep bringing army up as a topic in-game or in real life as if it somehow brings them more value to a conversation. We've been there, done that so shut up

I don't have anything against him treasuring teamwork and organisation, but don't expect me to play PS2 regularly to stick with tightly knit outfits or study speaking french, german, russian or spanish in case I want to get in on my server's drop-in, drop-out outfit play. That being said, I made a lot of friends with random people I met in game and I respect all of them far more than obnoxious mouth-toting fools
  2. DeadlyOmen

Stopped there. Have a nice life in your chosen hell.
    • Up x 1
  3. Savadrin

At close range, the saron gains considerably more power than it has at range. The GK does not change, and it's not as viable as close range as other options. Does it provide flexibility? Absolutely. But I would not choose it over the Vulcan any day when I know it's a short range fight. The Saron can allow you to keep the same loadout. That's all.

You're complaining about being farmed at Crossroads, the mother of all death funnels in Indar? I can't take this seriously. And there's nothing wrong with keeping distance, but the Vanguard isn't as well suited as the prowler for that. I can't help it if you try to force a square peg in a round hole.

45 seconds for a huge effective health boost really is a short cooldown. Try running stealth and not cowering in the corner. You could pull from elsewhere or take a different route and eat the prowlers alive by catching them off guard. The point is to play to your strengths, not your opponents'.
    • Up x 1
  4. Vaphell

The harasser is one thing, the prowler is another. Prowlers today have 1 true cookie cutter loadout, because the vulcan is no doubt iffy on the platform so GK wins by default.

Wouldn't the funnel part relate only to the Broken Arch exit? We owned Xroads and defended against SW so death funnel doesn't apply, does it. This particular configuration is certainly less ridiculous than Abandoned Offices or Indar Ex.

So which part of the usual Crossroads meatgrinder involves 2 bonus deplolines 500m away (measured with waypoint) to the east in the hills and to the south? Personally I have never seen the NC do that, because, surprise surprise, at 500m the vanguards are hilariously ineffective so they have to get closer which puts them in range of enemy tanks no matter what faction, turrets, mana turrets, AV maxes, lockons.
    And that particular .... something that I refuse to call battle, was merely an end to the TR counter attack from the Regent Rock. Once the prowlers started streaming out of it, it was gg right there. All the OP shield vanguards popped like balloons. They pushed past Xeno with a huge momentum, ignoring the outpost, melting everything in their path with a gamebreaking damage output. It's simply ******* ridiculous how brutal a line of prowlers is. They shut down ALL movement in a huge radius, if you want to live you cannot leave the cover for more than 5m or else, and that's with the OP shield.

So how exactly do you close the distance against an enemy that has the LoS, DPS and the effective range advantage, that will evaporate you as soon as you leave cover for more than 3s? Being smug is not insightful nor helpful.

Would you like it if prowlers were literally forced by the game design to faceplant into OP shield vanguards in CQC on half the map and heard "well, prowlers are not really suited for that, so maybe don't try to fit square peg in a round hole next time?".

lasts whole 6 seconds, can be waited out, unlike the 30% dmg boost that can be switched on/off at will.

Lol. My whole "career" with AP/HEAT I run stealth but it's not invisibility. Either way you don't show up at 500m on the minimap either way and apparently the prowlfarmers have no problem seeing **** with their own eyes. They usually occupy all the vantage points in the area to have an excellent overview I am not going to get anywhere when the whole area is cover-scarce, monitored from 3 different angles by facemelting artillery.
    The vanguard strength is facetanking targets but only 1 by one, it's simply not suited for stalking 10 tanks strong prowlines from unexpected angles.

Also let's not forget the map that was exceedingly crippling by default was further crippled during the lattice introduction. The devs literally went out of their way to add more infuriating, pants-on-head rtarded funnels of death. For example why was the Tawrich-Xenotech path closed i will never know and vanguard is not exactly a mountain goat. That role goes to the mag.
  5. Taemien

[quote="Hegeteus, post: 3364962, member: 163910"In my country, there is a notorious stereotype for guys who like to keep bringing army up as a topic in-game or in real life as if it somehow brings them more value to a conversation. [/quote]

In my country we have a term for someone who's ******** and follows a person from one thread to another to make a failed point.

A creepy stalker.

Let it go dude, just because your envious of my pride in my service doesn't mean you need to go thread to thread about it. You're going to make yourself look like a fool by derailing a second thread.
  6. Savadrin

I see prowler columns get absolutely wrecked every single day. Two guys on a wraith flash instead of in a Vanguard can do a whole lot to change the focus of a bunch of prowlers.

And you can pull 9 of them before it costs you 1 MBT.
  7. Scifi

One of my only grips is the Harrasser for the VS & TR, it has weapons for it that are far better than the NC. If they got rid of the harrasser I would be happy, but the Devs are stupid MFKer's and dont care abt balance. So just dont take it seriously an have fun.
  8. Vaphell

That's your advice? Instead of using tanks for their intended purpose just use cheese? What a lovely attempt at handwaving the significant flaw in dynamics between tanks. Please continue defending your undeserved farm.

So why was the vanguard shield nerfed in the past instead of saying "Hurr durr, just use cheese, they will never know what hit em, problem solved"? Apparently back then people, among them the TR blessed with the perpetual victim complex, whined that they can't manage vanguards in a face-off. Somehow flagship tanks being unable to withstand the heat were enough of a justification.
    • Up x 1
  9. Gutseen

So what? My 2/2 prowl's ded if i show up against a 2/2 Vang, so devs gave me (us TR) Gatekeepers 2 deal with fat ramming vangs from a comfortable range.

and judging by the ods i have showing off 2 a vang farm party, i'll fight fire with vacuum (plinking ****ers from +350 meter range)
    • Up x 1
  10. Vaphell

Ever tried not to charge vanguards blindly, face first? It works wonders.

That's pseudo-justification is a pure unadulterated fkn BS. The prowlers always had the upper hand at long range due to having superior DPS and better accuracy in anchor mode and were always a total ***** to fight in long LoS situations. The halberd while NS, was on par with anything the vanguard could put on the roof so all else being equal it was tough but a relatively equal matchup across the whole spectrum of engagement ranges.
    GK is nothing but going full rtard on the devs part, plain and simple. They inflated the effective engagement range by introducing a ridiculously easy toy (yet much more deadly at extreme range that anything that existed before) while giving others the boombox and the lazor vulcan? U wot m8?
    • Up x 1
  11. Savadrin

So shall I complain when the Vanguards use terrain to advantage and the prowler has to get in hugging distance to attack, and gets shredded for its trouble? Or when prowlers can't even make it out of spawn because a multitude of grannies are waiting to instagib everything that moves?

You're crying about Prowlers in anchor mode? YOU MEAN THE ONE WHERE WE STAY PERFECTLY STATIONARY AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PRESS THE BUTTON?

The problem I see here is that you're unwilling to be fluid. You want one thing to work in every situation, yet it doesn't, and you apparently can't accept that.

Personally, I wouldn't care if they gave the NC a longer range equivalent weapon. I don't care what weapons you have, I will adapt to suit the situation.

But it speaks volumes to me that you won't take an unconventional solution to a problem in order to break a lockdown camp and help your team. You're part of the bigger problem in modern gaming. Maybe why you play NC?

Also, note that some of my outfit mates run a close range stealth Prowler. I've gunned it and it wrecks vanguards - when we get the rear drop. Big *** rolling box, visible from everywhere, yet we still manage to sneak up on tunneling ****ters. gg, better luck next time.
    • Up x 1
  12. orangejedi829

Not that I totally agree with the OP, but this list is just... the worst.
    - Ravens are very 'meh' since their severe range nerf and the introduction of the Archer a while back. When was the last time you saw a "Ravens OP" thread?
    - Scatmaxes suck. Sure, they're great in close quarters. But so are chainguns, and those are actually effective at non-melee range, too. Not to mention more kill potential per mag and faster reload. Almost every NC player I know would be more than happy to trade MAXes with one of the other factions. So whadda ya say?
    - Phoenix - Seriously? Phoenix? I've only ever seen a Phoenix out in the wild once. It's like calling the Mag-scatter OP because "OMG it's a pistol but it's a shotgun! That violates all the rules of sidearms!"
    - Vanguard and Magrider are both woefully eclipsed by the Prowler in terms of effectiveness. Calling either of them OP is just silly.

If you want to debunk a thread claiming NC is UP by claiming NC is instead OP, you'll really need to do better. Sorry.
  13. Savadrin

I've seen so many NC MAX slug videos where they just incinerate people at range it's stupid. Yet in game I never see slugs being used. Why is that?

It's laughable that everyone thinks the TR mutilator/mercy/whatever max can effectively kill players at 25M like a slug mattocks.

Pounders are the only reliable killer and they have worse magazines than your shotguns.
  14. orangejedi829

Slugs are like playing the lottery. Some of the time, you'll get lucky and hit the target, in which case they do a good amount of damage. But the rest of the time, you'll have your crosshairs dead-on, fire, and nothing will happen. Not only that, but they severely reduce your damage/kill potential per mag, which is already extremely low on NC maxes. That's why you never see slugs being used. Because it's easy to stitch together a video of cool slug kills, but in reality, they are too unpredictable, and the tradeoffs are too large, for them to be viable. Most players recommend using ravens at range instead of slugs. When a low-velocity, low-damage, no-splash AV weapon is a better option at range than a dedicated AI option, you know the AI option is pretty worthless.
  15. ScorpioLaw

I don't understand how anyone can sit here and complain like you are OP. You've played the game for three years! Of course it's going to lose its fun. You're burnt out. Take a break for a year or so. You can't sit there and do the same thing for years and have it be fun or exciting.

Secondly... All factions have pros and cons.

NC have hard hitting weapons. So USE that to your advantage damn it. For instance any time you have an alpha advantage in any game that requires shooting? You CAN LIMIT the enemies DPS by simply taking cover.

Vanguards shields are definitely cheap when used well. There isn't much of a counter. You think you kill one and bam - they pop the shield and finish you off.

Yes NC weapons are usually better at close range... But guess what? Most of this game takes place at close range!

Reavers have the best weapons of the ESF IMO.

Anyways play to your strengths. You should know that. You're biased and completely burnt out. Find a new game... Dying Light is fun.
    • Up x 1
  16. Gutseen

Prowlers have the upper hand? kek, its a mobile light artillery station.
    a ******* flash can gib it.

if u have problems to aim at a still prowler at ~350 meter range, then uninstall the game scrub.

they made it, they gave it, i'll use it. (they nerfed it already)
    deal with it, or git gud
  17. Vaphell

Why are you attacking vanguards in CQC then? You always have the option to stay further back in zones with cover and it becomes a game of cat and mouse. You don't always have the option to close the distance especially if there is a huge no-mans land with no cover to speak of.
    Please explain how the **** are vanguards supposed to get even within 300m of prowlers on indar desert, which would be nothing to write home about, when they start getting shelled at 500m with zero problem?

Right, grannies rolling out of spawn right in front of the pack of prowlers have it so much better. Is that even a serious argument?

Are you even aware how much DPS they dish out? Clearly you do not.
    When it's 10 of you ******* cheesers it doesn't matter. Clearly you have never been on the receiving end because you are speaking out of your ***.

Said the guy defending easy mode GK and zero skill anchor prowler lines. Yeah I have your skill and fluidity right here.

Ok, remove GK from your loadout to downgrade/match NC capabilities with the halber and adapt then. Either way it gets even, you can do it, right?

uh-huh. We are supposed to jump through the flaming hoops just because a bunch of drooling morons pulling red MBTs is able to become a force to be reckoned with by the simple fact of setting up shop on the hill and creating a no-go zone spanning up to a hex away.

Some. Key word. For every 'some' you get 10 cookie cutter AP+GK ones because it's so easy a toddler could do it. Do you see me complaining about the stealth prowlers or maybe about "the bottom of the barrel skill/high reward, park on vantage point and spam at targets 500-600m away who are simply unable to retaliate" prowlers?
  18. Vaphell

Light? Lol. Is this some TR reality distortion field at work?

Suck on it, Mr Tough MLGuy.
    First, who are you going to be shooting at if the dying out population shrinks even further? Great advice.

I am going to be still too because pebbles so it's a wash. I am still outDPSed, forced behind cover and all the damage I dealt can be trivially repaired by 1 person. And in case i burned shield I am on a cooldown and the prowler is not, which means ever less exposure in the next attack attempt.
    I am not going anywhere, the prowler is never at any significant risk. Scale numbers up and the prowlers become even safer.

They also made ZOE and PPA. They are not omniscient, in fact they prove all the time how poor their understanding of the metagame is.
    Lol, nerfed. "had one insignificant number nobody cared about changed a bit" you mean.

Ravens and lancers are just peachy then I assume, just like ZOE and PPA were? Must be, given that you are such a strong and tough guy.
  19. Savadrin

On occasion, we are forced to CQC because of terrain. Smart players exploit this. Every tank gets shredded when there's a large imbalance.

Funny though, in anchored mode where the prowler is so amazingly OP, we are an amazing magnet for Halberds, which has far higher alpha damage than the GK. And we aren't even moving so it's not as if we're dodging anything.

Sounds like you're just sour that TR pulls more armor.

I'm pretty sure all tanks have the same range of weapons. So you sit in the middle of the desert in N Indar and die to an anchored prowler line. Are you surprised? The top gun isn't even affected by anchor, bruh. It takes approximately two years to kill something with the GK, it's just really reliable at range. Too bad you don't have anything that can compete at range. Oh wait, shot for shot the Halberd DESTROYS the GK.

Learn to use cover, or don't fight prowlers where there isn't any cover.I mean ffs, fighting an elevated position without cover is literally asking to die in any sort of combat. God forbid you learn to flank the ****tiest tankers in the game, right?

If these players are so bad, why are you losing to them? I can't help it if you can't outsmart a knuckle dragging moron slobbering all over his GK button.

This is your problem. You're trivializing a shield that grants you a huge percentage of your health on cooldown. We don't get a shield or free 2k health, so we have to repair our tank without even that benefit.

You're saying forced behind cover as if every tank shouldn't be using cover.

I think you're just bad, and salty, and should feel bad.
  20. CNR4806

Yes, something that is a) only lethal on direct hit and b) a line-of-sight weapon, has nothing to do with the word "artillery", let alone trying to classify it as either light or heavy.