PS2 is a broken game... and why.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vishnue, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Trillsiker

@original poster

Ok man, i totaly agree with you. Gatekeeper ruin the game actually - they just have to pull an harasser and spam their **** over every sundy from the other side of the map.

Tr stuff... always been the QQ faction by the way. So they get the less nerf compare to VS (hammer nerf of the zoe / lmg).

BUT

Slugs on your stupid NC max doesn't annoy you ? cause hell, being OS from insane range by shotguns drives me mad man...

Here is why, a video as example ;)

Enjoy this wonderful video who show you my point as a VS player : Facing gatekkepers that wrekt our sundies and facing your stupid maxes who wrekt a entire squad in a matter of second from 65m+, imagine the carnage when they rush in a room with they stupid OP shield.

Yeah, the game is broken, and not only because of the gatekeeper.
  2. Ithanil

What if some kind of imbalance in winning alerts on live lead to only mindless zerglings remaining on NC? just an idea
  3. Hegeteus

What sets you apart from these "mindless zerglings"? You don't have much to show for compared to any random NC player on those servers... I wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't post like that

E: typo fix
  4. _Kettenblatt_

The graphic means which server?

// Slug ammo works only if you crouch or stand still. NC Shotgun MAX-Units have a huge reload time where they're vulnerable. Other factions can build a bunch of enemy soldiers.
  5. Reclaimer77

Okay you can slam me all you want, but the NC faction is a running joke. It's not like you haven't heard it before from others. Why the salt?

And I've actually tried to play NC. I even dropped a Six Month Experience booster on my NC Emerald alt. I honestly couldn't stand it and just stopped playing. Zero organization, no leadership, I could go on and on. Just a horrid experience.
  6. Ragnarox

well game is broken, TR win alerts like all the times now, there are no nerf Vanu threads no more so that means Victim complex (TR) faction is being silent cause they are top position now and actually needs quite of nerfs.
  7. Nalothisal

Okay you know why the NC sucks so much? Their color scheme sucks for an fps.

Take it away Matt:

So I here by purpose that the NC get a color revamp.
  8. Nehlis

To be fair it is the Emerald NC. We do have a bad rep as the stupidest group across all factions, all servers
    • Up x 1
  9. Ithanil

Wow that's really interesting. At first I thought it was a joke but doesn't seem to be complete BS. Ty for sharing!
    • Up x 1
  10. Hegeteus

There's two ways you can approach this. You can either step up to help with the problem, or you can just run to another faction and start pouring salt on players who still stick with NC. It's true, I hear that NC sucks across the board all the time and it's rarely sunshine and bunnies in Miller either but I still know better than to ridicule these players and think myself as superior to them
  11. Reclaimer77

I'm not saying there's a problem. I'm just giving my observation. One that a LOT of people also have observed.

Go "stick" with NC all you want buddy. I'm not here to tell you who you can play with....
  12. Hegeteus

There's nothing wrong with you saying that NC sucks, but you should check yourself first to see if you afford to say that about other players. Any one of those could just as easily jump faction, come here and complain about their former factionmates sucking.
    I won't say that every NC should stay out of honor or anything, but if you leave then at least acknowledge that you probably didn't do much to improve the faction either
  13. Reclaimer77

Dude I'm not saying I'm some awesome player. But I can at least look at the damn map and tell where to NOT fight. That's a skill lost on the NC horde...
  14. Jake the Dog

Well then most vanguard drivers dont aim center of mass. Including the good ones I've ran into... However if you are aware of this being a solid tanker... Then why the f*** would you get into close combat where your tank is weak? You CAN out pace a vanguard pretty easily with magburn. Its also pretty easy to tell if someones a serious tanker. Does he have AP? Does he have ARX lumi, has he spent a **** ton of money decorating his tank in grotesque colors and armors? These are some of the ways I decide how I want to engage an enemy, if someone puts alot of money into something they plan on using it (generally speaking).

"a prowler can hit at 500m..." CAN hit, lol, spend less time in an infiltrator and more in your mbts

"a strafing mag just can't strafe fast enough" my experience says you have no idea. I was dodging deployed prowler rounds yesterday at 200m.

I promise you that you can dodge these rounds. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE FLASH OF THEIR GUN! SERVER LAG WILL CAUSE IT TO HIT. INSTEAD, judge when he's going to fire, anticipate when the next round will hit and make sure you're not there.

Also, heres another tip for magriding: Keybind turning left and right to Q and E you will turn probably twice as fast maybe even more so than doing that with your mouse.

The more you know. I guarantee you it can be done.
  15. asmodraxus

OP is merely WTF hasn't the GK on the Prowler been nerfed seeing as its the same as it always was = OP

Or maybe could we get the projectile speed and drop on the Enforcer to match that of the GK on the Prowler?
    Or maybe the VS should get the same CoF on the Saron as the GK on the Prowler?

Think of the FUN to be had with Sarons spamming at max fire rate matching/exceeding the GK's DPS...
    Or long range Enforcers hitting with no issues at long range...

Ok so there are some other issues like NC splatter max units and NC Max AV being quite good whilst TR infantry AV sucks but hey so does NC infantry AV, and complain about the long range TR AV Max and then well it only suck compared to Ravens, compare it to a Vortex max I dare you, its better...

As to mags being able to strafe

lol

Gatekeeper rounds travel at what velocity again? 450 m/s
    120mm AP - 250 m/s

Mag strafes at what velocity again? 5.5 m/s (20 kph /60 /60)
    Mags width is approx 20m (from one side to another) so to avoid a shell aimed at center it has to travel 10m ie 1.8 seconds of time.

Prowler (with just 1 gunner) has to be a minimum of 454.54 meters away
    Prowler with GK has to be 818.18 meters away

This is of course assuming 100% accuracy, 0 lag, and 0 seconds reaction time

Human reaction time of on average 0.25 seconds
    Assuming a 50m/s lag and well the distance the mag has to be to guarantee not being hit suddenly goes up

Its basic maths, not that difficult.

GK on the Prowler still needs some adjustments to make it not OP

Or the Enforcer and Saron need some adjustments to bring them up to par (reduced CoF/Drop/Projectile velocity?) just small changes, sweriously nothing that big, the GK regardless of what platform its on needs to be monitored and if its still over par needs to be adjusted dowwnards, or the the perception of the TR being favored will remain.

Then AV/AI max units need to be looked at and re-balanced
    Then MBT/Harasser AI weapons need to be re-balanced (PPA vs Marauder/Canister), not really small changes needed here either revert the Maraudrer/Canister buffs or fix the PPA as the only AI weapons that is worse is the TR Kobalt for average KPU
  16. L0st1

At least on Connery it doesn't matter where you want to fight.

.....its hopeless. When I logged in last night TR 46% pop, VS 30% and guess what was happening, straight up land grab, of five attack lanes to territory NC still 4 had 48-96 hostiles and between the 65% of the continent TR and VS there were a grand total of three squads fighting between VS and TR border.

This is repeated day in day out.

I play all three factions on Connery because I don't get a server choice, I live in Asia and Connery with its (at best) 150ms ping is as good as its going to get. What you DO see on the NC faction is a huge battle rank deficit, and I mean monstrous.....you may have even numbers but if you have a Mori or Sol Ex that are 3/4 +BR100 and the standard NC group that may be averaging BR 65....what do you think is going to happen?

The VS and TR factions aren't doing anything revolutionary, but I know on both my VS and TR toons that they are running close to 65% fighting again NC. The NC gets dogpiled day in day out. The VS or TR catch it occasionally, but its hard to stay on my NC toon at all a lot of the time when you look at the map and EVERY lattice means you are going to be fighting 2 to 1 numbers.
  17. Chewy102

Not just an idea. NC has been in dead last on Live servers since the game launched. 3 years of loosing makes players leave and never return. Either just quitting the game or moving to another faction. It snowballs.

Then you have things like Striker, ZOE, or any other CLEARLY OP weapon a faction gets that ruins the game for months. That also makes the factions who have to fight against it either out right quit or jump factions. That also snowballs the longer it stays. And I may not remember everything but what I do recall, anything NC got that was OP (Phoenix for example) was nerfed within a week tops. Most TR/VS OP gear lasted for ******* months.

Why play a faction that always looses? Turns out many "good" players don't as it isn't worth the effort.

The World Record even is NOT worth as much as you guys claim!

That event was nothing but a bigger alert. 1 single alert among THOUSANDS. Worthless and pointless to hold that one event higher than any other alert ever held as it is the exact some thing. NC wins alerts only 25% of the time, they are bound to win once in a while. Big whoop thy beat the odds for this one single big alert. And id also like to add how ****** up that event was with the lag alone. It was out right unplayable for most people in it.

Lag was beyond insane, rendering was taking a piss, and the server itself was near death from the stress. No one in their right minds would think that one event is worth anything of value data wise.

Also I can say with an almost certainty that NC wins more SS matches from 1 single reason. Those that play NC are the only ones to bother using their MAXes.

Look it up yourself. http://www.planetsidebattles.org/matches/ There is the link to the match stats. You will see the NC MAXes are used on average TWICE as much if not 3 or more times once in a while. If all factions had a shotgun for their MAXes then I AM 100% certain that NC wouldn't be nearly as picked and wouldn't win so often.

Shotgun MAXes are the same reason why NC sucks in Live. NC uses far less MAXes than TR/VS. So NC fights against stacked odds on Live. But in SS matches NC uses more MAXes than TR/VS leading to TR/VS fighting stacked odds.

On a side note.

Has anyone seen or have a link to any dev replies on to maybe why NC looses so often? I can't seem to recall the devs saying anything about it. Then again the devs have never been open about balance outside of when the community bashes it out of them.
  18. Bearded Wall

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TR ARE NO FUN TO FIGHT AGAINST ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY FINALLY HAVE A SINGLE GOOD LONG RANGE AV WEAPON AND CAN FIGHT BACK.

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You can have my gatekeeper the second the ravens are as **** as fractures, or fractures are fixed.

Until then I have 0 sympathy. We spent the better part of years unable to counter armor because nc screamed *****ed moaned and quit about the only worth a **** AV weapon (the striker) until it was "reworked" into garbage.
  19. Hegeteus

Oh come on guys, why does everything blow into such an angry fuss in here o_O
  20. Jbrain

I think the gatekeeper is indeed strong but the truth is nc is weak even if they nerfed the gatekeeper into the ground. I don't want to see the gk nerfed. What I would like is for the devs to use the many years of data they have to finally fix the things nc has lacked for a really long time.

1. I get so annoyed how many people comment about our maxes who haven't played all 3 or hasn't had a wide range of experience on the nc max in multiple environments. The nc max is a joke compared to the others.. look at all the situations in game youl see a tr or vanu max doing massive dmg to ur faction yet relatively safe. Our shotgun only max has to be right up in your face trying to clip your standard 3 people before dieing during your 5 second reload.. burn through your next 10 rounds which is with extended clip 6 without lawl... and the irony is the other maxes kill you better with their dmg per minute output making you look like a bug on the bottom of their shoe. 50 + rounds per arm on our enemies max with infantry speed reloads.. I have posted how unfair and broken this is for years now.. I finally realized the devs just don't give a crap.

2. Our primary weapons for heavy assault, the most played class, basic soldier role. Are weaker than our counterparts, if there is one thing that should be same , its that. 750 rpm weapon stomps 500 rpm weapon.. our 600/167 weapons aren't terrible but their auto fire is pretty inaccurate. Most of us though get used to it and learn to compete. Even though we do doesn't change the fact we work 10 times harder for what we get.

3. The flying brick they call a reaver, still has a huge hitbox, still doesn't handle as well as other factions but has no advantages to make up for this.

4. harraser cant compete with enemies two harrassers.

5. Vanguard is ok, the top guns like the harraser could be better.

6. Our colors, we have bright yellow clamped all over our armor, when its night its like fighting ghost when fighting vanu and even tr to some extent since they can darken their red really well..

7. Leaders, I have played shooters my whole life and for people in this forum and other factions to claim nc are just dumber is why we lose is one of the biggest and most frustrating insults to me. Because of nc getting a lot of new players and a lot of older players gave up on nc ever being competitive moved to other factions to lead leaving a huge lack of leadership for nc. Add to that that there isn't really anything to lead any more.. The old alerts at least made leaders shine... I sure miss those.. now there isn't any reason.

8. still, after all this time isn't a rewarding and team building worthy reward/objective... locking a continent just isn't that cool.
    • Up x 1