prowler heat nerf

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by PlatoonLeaderG, Apr 7, 2014.

1. DevDevBooday

......Oh the irony.
    accusing me of not knowing **** and you dont even know that the maggie is slower.
    hahahaha, you made my day mate.

I also just realised Im arguing with someone who hasnt played any tank other than Vanguard obviously.
    Your ignorance just lost you alot of credibility.
    Im done.
    • Up x 1
  2. EliteEskimo

The superior Alpha Strike, High projectile velocity while not having to be locked into place, the ability to OHK ESF's, and the ability to use the gear change acceleration "feature" with racer 3 (Which makes the Vangaurd considerable faster hitting max speed in I think it was 2.2 seconds) makes the Vanguard a good tank when certed. If you cert into the Vanguard it becomes a great tank for an AV tank. Outside of an 100% dedicated 2/2 AV loadout playstyle and taking down ESF's , which is its strong suit, the Vanguard doesn't stand out for much out. That being said a 2/2 AP/AV Vanguard is a lovely way to kill vehicle based enemies.
  3. Divinorium

tested just now:

Vanguard Default max speed: 55
    Racer : 65

Magrider Default Max Speed: 50
    Racer: 65

Yup indeed, a mistake of my part.

That doesn't change the fact you don't even know how much armor the vanguard have or you probably want to enter in knife fight with a vanguard and want to desengage.

I never said otherwise, never said the vanguard is a bad tank AV.

All i said the Prowler Outclass him in the right hands.

And seriously Racer in a van? for what? to charge the enemy tank and get blown by it's allies?

Combat is the way to go to make use of this small but still there front armor advantage.

PS: that superior alpha strike is questionable when your reload is so slow that most of the targets can retreat between shoots. It's not enough to oneshoot maxes and doesn't matter against infantry.

Shooting ESF is only for when you have nothing else to do. I shoot down 5~10 ESF per day. That being said isn't something "common". And i receive alot of "cheater" Whisper for doing so.(it's not a common thing.)
  4. Klypto

Where are your facts from?
  5. Frosty The Pyro

honestly 50 damage from the splash is not a big deal at ALL. hell you could knock its splash down to 500 and it would still be the best AI of any MBT.

all this nerf shows is that SOE has learned from their kneejerk overnerfs and are trying a more incremental approach, with I approve of heartily.

oh and the P-120 has more vehicle kills than the titan, the thing that needs to be looked at in the Vulcan.
  6. Divinorium

Prowler AP:
    Damage 1250 x2
    Reload time: 2.5s

Titan AP:
    Reload time WITH reload upgrade maxes: 4s

Let's say between shoots the prowler lose 0,5 sec to reline the shot.
    So it make the reload time go to 3 s.

DPS of prowler:

DPS of vanguard:

Even with the "alpha strike" of vanguard, after the first reload the Prowler is already outdpsing it.

The "slower tank" was a missfire.

PS: yes yes we need to take in account the segundary. But you SHOULD know that the halberd = enforcer at least. if not better.
  7. Frosty The Pyro

goram dude.

prowlers have a refire time of .5 seconds, this must be completed before you can reload, giving prowlers a total cycle time of 3.5 seconds

the ap prowler has a 714.3, 769.2 with reload upgrade. Vanguard has 518.8 and 576.4 upgraded.
    prowler lockdown has 1087 and 1219.5 upgraded

if you are going to try dps calculations, do them right please, I am employed now, I no longer have time to keep folks from spreading ****** numbers

van sheild has 3000 health (modified by armor), this is 75% the health of the vanguard. A lockdown prowler will outdps a sheilded vanguard by enouph to win that damage race.

Prowlers have more alpha strike, a alpha strike is your first burst of damage, as far as tank battles go, .5s delay between a prowlers first and second shot is not enouph to seperate them in terms of alpha striking. the only targets in the game a titan 150 can kill faster than a p-120 is an ESF
  8. Divinorium

I don't agree with putting 0,5 inbetween shoots AND at the end of each cycle(after the 2 shoot)
    that's why i said 2,5+0,5 and i need to make you remember that's a 0 upgraded prowler.
    A maxed reload prowler get 2 s of reload and 0,5 of refire.

But even with this the Prowler > Vanguard on 1x1 using or not the ability. When we talk about 2/2x2/2 the vanguard wins the race. IF it's front x front armor.

But a Prowler engaging a Vanguard with shield UP in a front x front battle, is a idiot to say the very least. sadly that's the majority of the so called "prowler" players.

Just some more informations.
  9. Frosty The Pyro

refire time is a MECHANIC. the reload will not start untill the second refire is over. its not something you can disagree with. the fire cycle for an stock prowlers p-120 is 3.5 seconds. period.
  10. Divinorium

Ok then....
  11. Aethestis

solid maths folks, solid.
  12. Danath

Let me put it simple. Prowler vs Certed Vanguard.
  13. Titan6

The Vanguard is definitely the best anti-vehicle tank, without a doubt.

Though, I think it should definitely stay as it is. For all it's prowess in vehicle combat, it fails terribly against infantry. As for the shield, they should just do the same thing as the heavy shield. Make it warm up.

Thus isn't not an instant-win-oh-****-button.

I mean a significant delay, say, 1.5 seconds or more. And while it's warming up, maybe the main cannon can't fire? Or perhaps the secondary can't.

Edit: Or, make it like the Aegis shield. The tank moves much slower while it's deployed. Thus it can't run down a retreating enemy. Make it slower than the other tanks when they're in reverse.

Then it would be more as a defensive ability, and less offensive. Balance it so it lasts a little longer (10 seconds maybe?)
  14. bPostal

Why does everyone think that the Prowler is a MBT? It's not. It's a mobile artillery piece. If you're going to give me arty, instead of a tank, don't get mad when I use it as such.
  15. PlatoonLeaderG

i think its 50 to reduce 1hit Kill against infantre with flag armor.Either way the blast radius is the actual nerf.
  16. TomaHawk

If I were to put money on the Vanguard vs Prowler 1:1 all else being equal, and the Vanny has the shield up, I'd win that bet. All your numbers aside, I don't know where you get Vanguards losing to Prowlers when their shield is on the ready. Prowlers have the Halberd as the only decent secondary which still falls well short of the Enforcer. Together with the Titan main and shields, Vanguards win.

If you are referring to laying down artillery shells on a tower, yea, Prowlers have it there. But 1 on 1, Vanguards win the tank fight unless the driver is in a coma.
  17. SavageBacon

Just wondering what the lightning gun specs are relative to the Vanguard... Maybe the lighter tank has better dps then the Vanguard. Maybe that makes the NC ground game better rounded if it has a mix of light tanks for infantry and beefy tanks to engage the larger threats.

Total speculation so I could be dead wrong.
  18. Divinorium

The C 75 Viper. Is a better AI tank then the vanguard by a huge margin. But it is completely useless against anything else. Something that can't be said to the prowler.
  19. SavageBacon

I was thinking more along the lines of comparing the HE and HEAT of the lightning and Vanguard. I get that it still wouldn't outshine a Prowler.

Frankly I have no problem with the HEAT change, but I don't get the HE nerf... You want Prowlers to specialize yet you punish them more for not using an AV lodaout? It doesn't seem like much, but it makes a difference in the non-lockdown strategy of using the Prowler (at least for AI). They're just pure AI nerfs to the mains with no buff to the Marauder or other aspects of the Prowler or HEAT (more ammo, velocity, flaming basketballs, something).
  20. PlatoonLeaderG

Agree with HE,it shouldnt be punished for its role.As it stands out HEAT is just too powerfull against infantry and almost no1 wanted to cert into AV for the extra 500 dmg + resist.
    I would have been glad if they actually make prowler the fastest tank, make it 80-85 kph on max racer.

All other tanks have passive buffs to help them.

Mag have mobility
    Vannie have extra boost in defence
    prowler have speed

Mag passive buff provide the dodge and shoot,very good.
    Vanie has the extra defence making it require more shots,very good.
    Prowler has the same max speed as the others,not good.

Prowler is supposed to fire and run tank,fire escape and go again from the back to get the kill.You cant do that when you cant outspeed them like harassers do.The design is completely wrong.