prowler heat nerf

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by PlatoonLeaderG, Apr 7, 2014.

1. PlatoonLeaderG

I m so glad they are nerfing them,maybe now people will cert in AP and help destroy enemy vehicles.I hope they made them so bad at least we can get gunners interested using halberts to farm the infantry now.

There were many times that prowler users didnt help at all and they were just farming infantry that couldnt fight back while enemy tanks were in the base helping the enemy capture the base.
  2. FateJH

So this only affects HEAT?
  3. DevDevBooday

Welp back to HE then I suppose ay boys? :p
    • Up x 3
  4. Robes

Helpless infantry you say?
    • Up x 5
  5. Rift23

A blob of infantry is more threatening than a couple tanks.
    • Up x 10
  6. PlatoonLeaderG

if you lockdown far away farming infantry who cant fight back isnt helpless then what is it?
    I saw many time 2 prowlers which the 1 will farm infantry than help the other guy on the tank battle.Many times it result to the death of both of them if its a vanguard.
  7. PlatoonLeaderG

I think HE is getting a nerf too,not sure.
  8. Stargazer86

HE is also getting a nerf for... whatever reason.
    • Up x 1
  9. PlatoonLeaderG

• Patch notes
    • P2-120 HEAT
      • The double barrel is too effective against personnel; the following changes are intended to bring it more in line.
        • Blast damage reduced from 700 damage to 650 damage
        • Inner blast damage radius reduced from 1.5 meters to 1 meter
      • The above two changes reduce the effective two hit kill radius by 0.5 meters
    • P2-120 HE
      • Similar to the HEAT version, the damage is a bit too high, for the HE we are just adjusting the damage.
        • Blast damage reduced from 700 damage to 650 damage
    • Hoprfully people will use AP now
  10. p10k56

So careless infantry lemmings with perception of dig out mole on daylight are finally happy:(
    Soon everyone will use AP turret on Prowler cos even with heat you mostly rely on direct hits to kill something:confused:
    • Up x 2
  11. Shaken_U

No. Completely against this, due to the prowler already being outclassed by the vanguard. When the vanguard gets it's shield fixed, I may be more open to it, but not in it's current state on live
    • Up x 2
  12. Ripster

Vanguard outclasses the prowler in AV kills. The prowler outclasses the vanguard in longevity, total kills, and sph. The only way the shield is getting adjusted is with a buff to the base tank itself, probably the reload speed of the gun because it is by far the lowest dps tank.
  13. TomaHawk

And that pretty much erodes what's left of my interest in this game. Prowlers were borderline hilariously weak as it is, and now this stupidity. Once this lame update makes it in, the game has officially become watered down for casuals mode. It never mattered that there were more anti armor weapons at everyone's disposal than you could shake a stick at. More bending to whining? Where are they basing this garbage logic?
    • Up x 8
  14. Ripster

I'm guessing they're basing it on infantry kill statistics. And how prowlers have a crap ton more than either other faction. And how their SPH is way higher than either other tank.
  15. p10k56

It is easy to explain this. Prowler secondaries are terribad against anything at range and Prowler is fastest MBT so many players are soloing prowlers so more MBTs per side. Also anchor mode is pretty much bombardment mode very effective against infantry.
    And last thing is that one is playing against NC the kings of lemmingness:p
  16. Robes

Considering how many tanks I've c4'd that have tried doing just that, i would have to say no, and the majority of those tanks were even able to move if they somehow were able to spot me, instead of being immobile.

Now i will say that some people (such as yourself from the way to talk) are helpless due to the fact that want to be, instead of taking care of the problem they choose to die to it by not, but those people deserve to be, as its their choice.
    • Up x 1
  17. Stargazer86

Longevity: Prowlers sit back and camp towers with Anchored Mode.
    Total Kills: Prowlers sit back and camp towers with Anchored Mode.
    SPH: Prowlers sit back and camp towers with Anchored Mode.

Prowlers last longer because the smart players know not to fight a Vanguard. Instead, they just take their tank off to the nearest farmed tower and sit there to rack up easy kills. They get more kills because they prefer to camp a tower than bring their sub-par tank into an actual armor battle. Because the statistics show the Prowlers are getting an larger amount of infantry kills as a result, Prowlers get nerfed.

Logic.
    • Up x 10
  18. FOXOsvk

Prowler is made to be effective against infantry, whether devs planned it or not. Anchored mode and two shots?:rolleyes: What else would you use this for, if not against infantry. Prowler can't even be used in the fair tank warfare. I just run into the vanguard behind the hill with some random person. Our prowler went PUF before his shield even run out. He took 0 damage...
    Prowler was already nerfed beyond the grave, so many people don't even dare to use it as a tank. Just set it on the hill, far away from the enemy, and you have guaranteed kills.
    This is what devs see when they look at the data, so they nerf more, and so we farm more, and it just goes on and on. Shifting some numbers will never solve this.
    Prowler have problem as the whole concept, which looks more like howitzer, than a real tank. Every nerf is more and more ridiculous, and it only makes things worse.
    • Up x 1
  19. Riddlley

And why would that change? They are Nerfing our default gun, and the gun INTENDED to be used on infantry.
    • Up x 6
  20. PlatoonLeaderG

I think they should buff prowler AA back if they go with the infantry nerf at least,at least we should be able to 1 hit kill an ESF like vanguard and mag does.