Post here if your 64 bit client Crashes.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Necaris Omnis, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Zhennu

I am Crashing, Freezing, Long Load times, people falling from the sky, Tanks Flying, Plans skipping all over the place, reset my video setting in game to the lowest setting same problems. Not good for the ones who are paying you to play :(
  2. Aldivac

The game freezes when switching continents. Also, after having played for about 15 mins it crashes to desktop.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM Ivy Bridge
    RAM: 6144 MBytes PC12800 DDR3
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M, 4095 MB
    Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 332.21 Driver WHQL
    • Up x 1
  3. Mjolnir

I am crashing more often too.

Windows 7, AMD 7950, i5 2500k, pretty normal setup here...
  4. Thostbog

Occasional crash let's say once every 1-2 days. But then constantly freezing when trying to change continents.
  5. saturnuranus

Just adding myself to this list. In-game has been faultless for me, albeit a little more laggy than normal, but Alt-Tabbing out is a 50/50 since this 64 bit malarky. Prior to that, I can't remember the last time the game crashed.
  6. 7percents

Yep. I can't switch continents without the game crashing. I never thought a patch would nerf my redeploy abilities this hard, but here it is o_O. I'd be flattered, if it wasn't really annoying and frustrating.
  7. KoRneY

crashing when switching conts or even characters
  8. Gleerok

Yes it does :3

The performance is so much better that I'm forcing it to launch...but it crashes often, well, still...
  9. Aldivac

The times i've switched continents today, it hasn't crashed. Something must have changed, or maybe it's because i'm playing early in the morning when there aren't many people online.
  10. mogveil

I don't even get as fall as in game, I get an error as the program loads. I had the problem when the 64 bit version first came out, it was fixed in a subsequent update and now has been a problem since last week and I am not able to play. PLEASE, SOE, remove the 64 bit client. Really the thing is not worth the trouble. I was perfectly happy to be able to play vs not able to play the game.

I have tried to remain good humored through all the problems but I really am concerned that the logic you outlined with respect to testing for a while before launching has not been implemented. You do not seem to be following your own process, suggesting a leadership vacuum.

At least let us chose to use a 32 bit version instead of a 64 bit version. Did I mention the 64 bit version does not work?
  11. Hosp

My 64 bit crashes only while changing continents.

Besides that, it runs smoother than 32bit, no hitching or fps drops.

EDIT:

I believe 32bit is default, you have to force 64bit. At least that's how it is for my system and what my outfit is experiencing.
  12. mogveil

If you look at launchpad it shows *32 and I assume that describes the 32 bit version. However when I click play and I am watching task manager, the program that is launched is a 64 bit version (planetside2_x64.exe). I appreciate you suggesting to look at task manager. I get the error I used to get, "...application unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)." I know others have received the same error. My laptop is 32 bit and I don't have the same problem.
  13. Vhalor

My 64 bit client crashes fairly often, usually anytime I switch continents using the re-deploy screen, and occasionally in other circumstances (e.g. my game crashed last night right after I pulled a ESF, causing me to lose the resources and causing the timer to start... very frustrating).
  14. TheRainMaker

add me to 64bit crashing while switching conts!

happens everytime without fail

Inteli7 = GTX680 latest drivers
  15. FrankHH

you can't even play using the 64 bit exe right now, the crash when switching continents doesn't have to do with 64-bit
  16. pencap75

Didn't they switch the client back to 32bit on Fri around 5 pm? So everyone complaining since then is complaining about their 32 bit client crashing.
  17. Lewk

I never really crashed before , and i would always scoff at those who kept complaining about performance/crashes, but i now am constantly getting game freeze (have to end task out) and straight to desktop crashes.

i7 3770k
    gtx 660 ti
    16 gb ram

It seems to happen quite often right after i get killed and it puts me to the map screen, it just BOOM freezes.
  18. Brenold

i discovered how to "force" the 64bit client here in the forums and it was significantly smoother and i had almost double the fps. There were some small hitches though like i noticed when i would run there would be no animation of my dude swinging his gun around and no bobbing up and down so it was more like i was ice skating when i press shift

and the game crashes when i move continents. and then i have to rename the filenames to force the 64 bit again so never mind
  19. Brenold

after the first time my game crashed when i forced the 64 bit client, i decided to just leave it be... so the launcher revalidated all my install files and ran the 32 bit client. well, now it crashed again when i tried to move continents.. so it may not be exclusive to x64
  20. Hamster

Still crashing OVER AND OVER AND OVER.