Please show a little more appreciation towards the devs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntiDemocide, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Colt556

Look, I'll leave it at this. If a massive AAA game developing company like SOE can't figure out how to add a test server..... yeah. Bottom line is they could do it, maybe it wouldn't be as easy as flipping a switch, but them putting in a little effort so that we don't get broken patch after broken patch is worth it. Not all of us want to test the game, we just want to play it. Testing was during Beta, the game is live now, to expect everyone to be willing to test is just asinine. I don't play a released game expecting it to be unfinished. If the game is still so broken then it shouldn't have been released, now should it? Just because it's an MMO isn't an excuse to release an unfinished project. All an MMO does is allow them to add NEW content, and the NEW content may be broken and require fixing. But that isn't what they're doing. They're still fixing bugs because they launched too early as every single person in beta said they were.

So yeah, a test server is the least they could do. Their fault for releasing the game when it wasn't ready. Every beta tester told them it was too early, they didn't listen. So now they can put in the effort to make a server so that those of us not interested in testing anymore can simply enjoy the game and not have it be so broken that we can't even get in a server.
    • Up x 1
  2. GhostAvatar

And exactly where did I threaten to quit. If you could read you will see that I said I am out till they fix it. But a nice try at trying to attack me and not the issue at hand. As for the bugs, these are some pretty blatant bugs that are inexcusable and should never had made it through QA (EVER). There is no argument you can come up with to defend such blatant incompetence, so all you can do it attack the people complaining. Not really a good defense.
  3. AntiDemocide

Business is all about maximizing profits while minimizing costs...
    for what budget they get, I consider this decent.
  4. Cookiepiledriver

Amen to that.
  5. Colt556

And this right here is a perfect example of what is wrong with the game industry. Consumers no longer care. We're the customers here, we're ALWAYS right, sony exists to serve us. This use to be a basic commonly known fact. But now days it seems like people think the business is doing them a favor and they should just accept whatever they get.

Bottom line, releasing patches that literally make the game down right unplayable (I literally can not play, not even just bad fps, the patch made it so I literally can. not. play.) is simply unacceptable. To consider such things "decent" is absurd. Why do you care about the business' profits? You shouldn't. That's their problem. A business is SUPPOSE to gain profits by catering to it's customers. They should make me WANT to buy their product. So to just go "oh well the patch is broken? That's fine. Instead of demanding they actually test these patches I'll just accept it because they have to make money after all!" God, how people can think like this baffles me to no end. Sony isn't doing you a favor, they aren't kindly letting you play their game out of the goodness of their heart. They're running a business and as such you don't need to feel obligated to accept whatever **** they throw on your plate.

They have been releasing these broken patches since beta, dude. There is no excuse for it. They're a multi-billion dollar company. They can spare a couple hundred bucks to run test servers. End of story.
  6. Cookiepiledriver

No, actually Business is about maximizing economic profits. Cost is included in profit, or it would just be revenue.
  7. soeguud

A test server would help reduce the impression that SOE's patches are half-baked and poorly considered. Yes please to test server.
  8. Louis Farrakhan

lets shut down genudine and turn it into a test server :)