Please show a little more appreciation towards the devs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntiDemocide, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Daddy Tickles

No, its not. I paid for my subscription and my Assault Squad........can you appreciate that?
  2. Louis Farrakhan

if you werent satified with the game, why did you spend money?
  3. Sowahka

Poor Higgy! He doesn't deserve that, us VS can be pretty sensitive when it comes to our Mag though. We'll probably see a fix for most of the new problems on Monday or Tuesday. I'm pretty sure a lot of people pulled some nasty overtime to release the patch on a Friday night, can't hold any problems against them, they gave in a little to community impatience, they did it because most of us couldn't sit still with a delay.
  4. DustyMonolith

Not if this kind of stuff keeps up.
  5. -Crotalus-

Hahahahahahahahaha. Riight, is that how MMOs work? Must be why the industry is just BOOMING huh? Good moron logic
    • Up x 1
  6. Louis Farrakhan

you sound like the devs are sitting around drinking vodka and eating KFC. this is revolutionary new engine,net code, and gameplay style and programming this game is hard.
    if you find another game like planetside 2, go ahead and leave, i hope you have fun :)
  7. Daddy Tickles

Are you mental? Or a timelord? I am neither so could not see the future when I bought both the assault squad and the sub, so was unaware how SOE's promises and the actuality of the game would diverge.
  8. GhostAvatar

Yet I spent money on the game and supported the devs and the game being free for others (its only free for the rest because of the players who pay), can the devs appreciate that?
  9. Louis Farrakhan

how is the game diverging? they following 6 month plan word for word.
    they working 24/7 and programming is hard, can you appreciate that?

i couldnt even figure out java code in computer class. this is revolutionary new proprietary engine and netcode.
  10. GhostAvatar

It is only free to play because of those who decide to put money into it. If it wasn't for us you would have nothing to play, free or otheriwse. So yeah I think those people have a right to voice there disdain when things go from bad to worse.
  11. Louis Farrakhan

if you can do better than one of the most talented and hardworking programming teams in the world, quit your gas station job and go to san diego and have a try. you wouldnt even make QA.
    • Up x 1
  12. Bambolero

Not free for me, I've spend bookoo bucks on it.
    And that buys me the right to expect a better service then what I'm given.
    And yet I'm quite reasonable in my 'demands' , I'm not asking for much, just to be able to play without massive lag, fps drops and constant hitching.

So yeah, nothing to appreciate atm sowy.
  13. Louis Farrakhan

programming a game is not like when you play gmod.

if you can find similar gaming experience in other games, go ahead. i have never played a game like planetside 2, and ill keep playing.
  14. Daddy Tickles

Oh boy, you are a special one aren't you? Well good for you, Louis. First of all I reject your assumption that I am talking about the 6 month bollock list, beta testers know we are not getting what we were promised, simply what they want to give us. There was supposed to be a fantastic fix for AMD CPU users in this patch, but that appears to have slipped as has the patch for AMD GPUs. Where is that?

Secondly to address your straw-man, we are at the beginning of month 2 of 6 months so I don't see how you can possibly assert the game is following the plan word for word when we are not even 1/3 of the way into it. Also new features while groovy are no replacement for actually offering up performance fixes.

Currently, we have a patch that has broken the gameplay for a lot of people; low fps, CTDs, infils that are or are not visible with or without IRNV, the falling through the landscape bug and all the others that you will see reported in the tech section.

So, finally, while I might accept that they are working 24/7 I would need something other than your fanboy defense of them and their reassuring lies before I actually felt that I was getting anything aproaching 100% value for my money. Which is actually the point I was making and which you seem unable to accomodate.
    • Up x 2
  15. GhostAvatar

Yet there are still bugs around that have been here since beta. Also whatever happen to QC before launching a patch. It doesn't take much common sense to figure out that you need to fix what you have, before introducing more things that add more complexity to the equation.

I would appreciate there efforts if it was a small independent company. But this is SOE, they have been around the block a few times and should know the basics of game development. I am not expecting much, I don't expect a polished game at this point, I don't expect things to improve in giant leaps. Hell I wouldn't even be unhappy if things didn't improve, but on each turn it just keeps getting worse and worse. As an example, in the first months of beta I was getting 120+ fps on high settings even in big battles (and that was without tweaking my rig for optimization), prior to this patch the average was down to 20-30 fps in low settings. Now we have single digit fps, freeze frame stutter and constant crashes.

That's not being unappreciative, that is just the facts.

Edit; Hell they cant even get there forum software right (even after today's maintenance on the forum) it still ***** up the font size at random. Not really a good example of how well they are doing with there programming.
    • Up x 1
  16. Colt556

To be honest, the devs are quite incompetent with patches. Even since beta they release a patch and it seems to have more problems then the game had before. They really need to start testing these things. You can't expect players to be perfectly content when nearly every patch is a huge blunder due to lack of testing.

I, personally, would show them more respect if they at least hinted at adding in various things that the community has been asking for for over a year. Like multi-man tanks. Instead they waste their time with dumb **** like ragdolls.
    • Up x 2
  17. Iksniljiksul

I'm a little angry with them at the moment, so if I post what is truly on my mind I may be arrested.
    • Up x 1
  18. DevilJade

There's a mature way to complain about something, and an immature way. It's pretty obvious which way the majority choose to express their frustrations and concerns, and that's unfortunate.
    • Up x 2
  19. Louis Farrakhan

im not a fan boy. i just have friends who do computer programming. i dont know what kind of manual labor/service job you in but your amount of ignorance and sense of entitlement is staggering to the heavens.
  20. ZaltCW

It seems like this is basically a public test, I would rather the community voice there opinion on changes rather than a tester do it for us. Its a Free to Play game nobody is entitled to tell the devs what to do... Even if your a premium member or buy SC