Please show a little more appreciation towards the devs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntiDemocide, Feb 2, 2013.

1. m44v

The average gamer is the worst, acts like he knows everything but wouldn't even understand how a pointer works.

And how is this "test server" going to work out? Are you going to install a second PS2 client for testing? Are you going to put up with 2gigs of updates every time something is changed in the game? like several times at day?
  2. Bambolero

Listen carefully, I'll explain some simple logics to you.
    If you want to fanboi and support SoE for whatever reason... you don't wanna annoy big spenders like me.
    It's because of me and people like me that you are able to play your free game, it's because of us that this game gets updates...
    So, being annoying by typing the same 'go away and 10 more will replace you' drivel over and over to every poster is not helping SoE or this game.
    You are doing it wrong...
    So, why don't YOU leave...this thread...and go play your precious free game so us grown ups (lol) can discuss the mater further.
    I can't play atm for reasons given but what's stoping you?
    Go.
  3. GhostAvatar

Ad hominem much little troll. Nice try but no cookie for you. And frankly I laughed at your comment about the 'most talented and hardworking programming teams in the world'. If this was the case, why are there still bugs in the game that are over 4 months old. Also why are there bugs that keep returning after they have supposedly fixed them. As for hard working, exactly how long of a break did they take for Christmas.
    • Up x 2
  4. Louis Farrakhan

i spent 80 dollars in this game. but im not whining like im on the rag.
  5. Colt556

You haven't played many other MMOs, have you? Most MMOs have public test servers. If you want to hop on, you just select that server and dl what's different. If you don't want to test it you ignore it and nothing changes. Not exactly hard or complicated.
  6. GhostAvatar

Didn't we kinda do that in beta (not the several times a day, but was very often and with toon resets), hell some people bought the Alpha squad to do just that in beta.

/invalid argument
  7. Raital

You know, everytime I ever find myself getting that frustrated, I just think one thing to myself, and everything is better.

"At least SOE isn't taking the EA approach to the game industry."

Christ Almighty, if EA was running things PS2 would be pay to win, would cost 60 dollars to buy, 10 dollars to register your account, and 30 more dollars for necessary stuff per character, with every camo being a separate 5 dollar DLC. It would also have been designed for the PS3/Xbox360, the Xbox360 controller would be the only supported means of control for the PC version, and EA would reply to customer concerns with the smug arrogance of a King talking down to worthless peasants.

So yeah, no matter how bad it might get, at least it's not that bad with SOE.
    • Up x 1
  8. Louis Farrakhan

you sound like its torture to play this game. you sound for every moment you play the game you are in excruciating pain. you are acting like the little troll. i am acting like big mighty strong man of great honor, with heart of lion.
  9. GhostAvatar

...yet
  10. Erik

We're getting sick of ****** bags like you who are too childish to understand how many things need to be tested in this game. Just like every other game on the market, bugs arise no matter how much you test. This is particularly true for games which receive constant large updates. They aren't just developing a game which piggy backs on some one else's engine. They have also created their own engine from scratch along with their very ambitious game. Act like an adult instead of leaving childish comments like the one above.
    • Up x 1
  11. Louis Farrakhan

exactly man. the ignorance here about the devs and computer programming is like third world country.
    • Up x 1
  12. GhostAvatar

Self delusions of grandeur are not going to precipitate an improvement of others to view you being anything more than a little fanboy troll with no common sense. Grow up, grow a pair and live out in the real world.
  13. m44v

But in PS2, you download updates before connecting to a particular server. Just because some MMO has the feature doesn't mean that it can be implemented around PS2 easily.
  14. Louis Farrakhan

you are projecting yourself unto me. i have criticism, i made them without whining.

here you are stompig your feet and threatening to quit, when you already paid SOE money.

act like a man and have HONOR.
  15. AntiDemocide

Nice to see the positive comments:D. On forums nonetheless.
    To quote the Gandalf meme, "I have no memory of this place."
  16. GhostAvatar

QQ
  17. MauveAvengerV

>Threatens to quit game over a patch that isn't' even 24 hours old (despite the open communication from the devs regarding the issues)
    >Thinks the fact that he paid money for a game means that SOE has no excuse for releasing a patch with some unforeseen bugs
    >Tells people to start 'living in the real world'

Never change, internet.
    • Up x 1
  18. Colt556

It doesn't matter. They add something to the launcher where you can select whether you want to play on the game servers or the test servers. Choose the game servers, you go in as normal, select one of the servers. You choose the test servers, you click 'patch' and join the game normally except seeing all the usual servers you see like 'US Test 1' and join that. Problem solved. EVERY game can have a test server, never believe otherwise.
  19. Louis Farrakhan

i cry manly tears of HONOR. i am not afraid to cry and face my feminine side.
  20. m44v

You say it like is just a matter of course. We don't develop for PS2, things that look nice and simple in paper might become a implementation nightmare once you get into it. The fact that we all had to delete our beta install before the game released means that having a testing environment alongside the regular game isn't that simple. And knowing that the average gamer can't write a proper bug report or tell apart a bug from a balance fix I say it not worth the trouble.
    • Up x 1