Planetside2 will be DEAD sooner than my initial projections.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CapEnTrade, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CapEnTrade

Febuary-April 2017 was where the mathematically sound projections of the population chart drops below sustainable levels. That was 4 months ago. Since, there has been a 27% faster decrease compared to the rate before. The evidence is all around you! Old friends never returned, smaller battles, fewer ones too, less squads, less voice chatting, less care, there is talk of more server merging!

I'd pin the recent increase in rate of lost players due to the shifting attention to other games such as Battlefield, Overwatch, etc. Further, the number of people realizing they can't progress any farther in Planetside just keeps on increasing too. The game is unfinished, too little, too late. The SOE crew already jumped ship, I'm guessing their in house numbers and estimates were far superior to ours at the time, and only now is it being made apparent. Planetside 2 is dying and I'm leaving too, the game is not much fun anymore.

My projections now place time of "death" to be around or before September of 2016. The other games out there will also only get bigger for a while, and when Overwatch comes out of beta it will see a mass influx. I don't forsee anything in the roadmap to be truly capable of bringing in enough players back that would stay. The game is not growing at all anymore either, it's days of growth are over for sure. That's what the data tells us, that's what the math projects on the population charts and data. It's just the fact.

Even our favorite YouTuber, Wrel, the last true Planetside2 YouTuber, is now transitioning out of Planetside.
    • Up x 3
  2. CapEnTrade

3. Benton582

Overwatch is not going to be Free to Play, but for 40 bucks and above.
    Planetside needs a trello.
    Planetside needs to adopt a new combat system.
    Planetside needs a remake.
    Planetside needs faster changes and adaptations.
  4. RedArmy

Yup, Wrel is jumping to OverWatch. the only one weve got left for YouTubers is IGoRawr.
    i expect the game to hit its 4rth anniversary atleast. i'll still be here.
  5. CapEnTrade

Daybreak is doing little too late. Anything at this point could only be effective in holding existing players, Planetside 2 is taking in no new players.

Just because a game is not free, this does not mean it can't pull players out of interest for Planetside2.
  6. Benton582

SOE still manages Planetside 2. It's the last "popular" game they have, it's either they help it, or let it die. Just like what CN did to fusionfall, release it with bugs, neglect it forever, and when it's too late, they learn NOTHING. SOE proves it doesn't want that, that's why Daybreak is there now.
  7. Benton582

It takes time to adapt to the system, they only really got started, I'm pretty sure they have more big guns to show, but it's not the right time for them to do it big.
  8. CapEnTrade

Most of the original crew jumped ship or got laid off, dude. I'm not talking about the grunts here too, but several of them took off as well. They drift at sea, a board their life.
    • Up x 1
  9. Benton582

Planetside is taking in players, but not enough to sustain a metagame. Daybreak only just started, read the post above.
  10. Benton582

Keyword: Adapting.
  11. CapEnTrade

That's not what the graph and projections say. Things are going downhill, faster now too.
  12. Benton582

Remake time?
  13. Scr1nRusher

How many times were you dropped as a infant?

Like....... wow.
    • Up x 2
  14. CapEnTrade

Essentially they'd have to kill Planetside2 as we know it to do that.
  15. RedArmy

they wont remake PS2, with most of the bigger influencing people like Higby going to DICE, likly ur gonna see the battlefield version of planetside coming out thats been hinted for years now.
    like i said, ill be here the end....
    Recently upgraded most of my computer parts to near top of line so whatever games do come out ill be ready for them
  16. Pikachu

An interesting fact ,is that there is little connection between techical quality and population. Balance, bugs and performance and amount of content is better today than ever yet during first half og 2013 the game had at least 3x the current pop. More people were willing to play back in the days of crap fps, crash 1-2/h, ZOE, old rocketpods, old HE, old scatmax, old 12m radius dalton, 7m radiuS zepher, 1hk fury, splash through shields, old varasser, drop pod inside walls, sht flash physics, ht tower design etc than now.
    • Up x 3
  17. CapEnTrade

People got tired of it, still are in some and other regards.

Look at us old veterans, reminiscing about the past.
    • Up x 1
  18. RedArmy

i cant even play the game after 8pm without getting server lag, my ping is 4, FOUR, and in game ping bounces from 95-115 normally, after 8pm its randomly jumps from 115 wildly to 2k+
  19. Pikachu

Made me laugh. :D
  20. RedArmy

gotta spend money to make money - put some TV ads out there....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.