Planetside2 will be DEAD sooner than my initial projections.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CapEnTrade, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pnkdth

According to my predictions you will make more predictions so you can say, "I told you so", once the game gets shut down.
    • Up x 2
  2. AxiomInsanity87

What have people farming pennies off ads on youtube from a games player base got to do with anything?.

Overwatch is an anticipated game so i'd imagine that many youtubers will go there for the next penny farm from views on their channel.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dennisz125

I came back

For this forum
    • Up x 2
  4. iMissWarner

Well tonight I've come to the conclusion that I can't be bothered with it anymore,
    Content for what this game is isn't to bad but the inconsistencies in performance server and local has become nothing more than disappointing and becomes pointless in playing.
  5. Scr1nRusher

Shady account detected
    • Up x 1
  6. iMissWarner

7. Iridar51

Higby went to DICE? AHAHAHAHA

It's all an elaborate plan to sabotage bottlefield. Like that piece of trash even needs sabotaging, lol.
    • Up x 2
  8. RedArmy

JackHammer confirmed for use in BF5
  9. Iridar51

But there's already Jackhammer in BF:

Was in BF3 already. That's how far Smedley's 20 year plan goes. Just gotta be patient and have faith. The second coming of glorious SOE is upon us.
    • Up x 1
  10. Sulsa

OP, make a prediction about what we are all going to be doing until the game shuts down.

Forget it, I will:

PLAYING PLANETSIDE 2
    • Up x 4
  11. DeadlyPeanutt

lol, don't hold your breath...

balance issues in pop and class, hit detection, explosive spam, etc, etc... and what do we get? spitball turrets and space pumpkins, oh and the 'get revenge', aka 'give me money' button
    • Up x 1
  12. customer548

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. CorporationUSA

Games tend to die faster once their population gets low enough. This is because less new players are willing to try a game that they deem to be dead. What we need to worry about most is when that will happen, but I think it may have started already with the addition of koltyr. I made an alt to check it out a month ago, and it was basically dead during normal afternoon hours in the US too. At least before Koltyr they could make their character and see lots of players all around, but now they don't even see that.

And even outside of Koltyr this can happen as well, if the new player is unable to experience the game during peak hours. What if my only time to play is in the early morning? Well there is no point then, the battles are tiny and the cert gain is so slow.

I have a feeling that pops are just going to keep dropping at faster and faster rates, and the game is going to die because it's not designed to work with really low pops. It's not a just a shooter, it's supposed to be an MMO as well.
  14. RedArmy

Overwatch just looked boring to me, id rather do Battle Field, or just get a new MMO RPG
  15. RedArmy

well it also works really ****** with high pops too, its really a balance issue of keeping servers at or around 8000-1200 - after that it goes bleh
  16. CovertYank

Man, I used to support this game. Paid so much money. But now it's getting to the point of pure annoyance. I have the urge to click that PlanetSide 2 Icon on my desktop, but as soon as my mouse's arrow crosses over it, I just remember more of the terrible times then the great times I had playing with others. Mainly, it's the always over-population. The fact that no one wants to nerf weapons that are clearly kicking the floor with people.

And they shouldn't. This is a game, it's meant to be fun for both contenders, win or lose. But knowing you got burnt up my a harasser 3 miles across the map? Come on. Come on people. Gotta draw the line.

I love this game, and I've dealt with it's issues for years. And I dare say that in the past month, I've enjoyed playing Black Ops 3 to this. What the hell? I hate Call of Duty. Sometimes. Man, if only daybreak could get their priorities straight. Could have gotten so much done by now. And I know they're low on staff, but still. Give the game to someone else if you know you can't hold something as big a Planetside 2 up. A game like this shouldn't have such a small staff in the first place.

Either that or remake the ****. I don't know. None of use truly have the answers, we're just here to complain a lot.
  17. toast2250

Source CptnFabolous? Also, I would imagine by doing so many review's he would be reviewing dust particles of PS2 by now.

I'm looking forward towards base building/mining with anticipation.
  18. Jubikus

The other games are nice and Overwatch is fun but only planetside does what planetside does and i play if for that reason ill be sad if it dies because i cant get large scale battles on large terrain in other games battlefield is the closest it gets and one 32V32 battle for however long just isnt enough.
  19. Liewec123

say what you like, but currently there is no other game to compete with PS2,
    no other game comes close to this scale of FPS.
    sure the game will be in trouble when a competitor comes along,
    but currently its a one of a kind, there is no competition.
    also before i get accused of white knighting, i've actually looked, there is nothing.
    • Up x 2
  20. Gundem

Aw shucks, did Battlefront turn out bad? Or do you mean the actual Battlefield games?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.