Planetside2.exe has stopped working..

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WacKo, Dec 19, 2012.

1. lonesome killer

Same thing happening to me. Game starts, black screen, then crash.
  2. Friednug

same deal here too
  3. dwnld

I wonder if this is common enough to get some real attention or if it's just onesies and twosies. I hope it's not big enough to scare people off. This game has real potential to pull ahead.
  4. lonesome killer

Forgot to mention, wasn't happening before. Just since the newest update.
  5. Gotanks3646

It was working fine for me a few days ago, tried today through steam and I am now getting "Planetside2.exe has stopped working" after a brief black screen and cursor. I have also tried all the fixes mentioned including uninstalling and re-installing without steam. However, still a no go. Normally I would not care because it is a FTP game, but I just spent money on points since they are doing the triple money thing... go figure. I don't think I have ever had this much of an issue with a game.
  6. Nestor

Same issue as others. PS2 has been running without issue from beta up until last patch. Now it crashes after pressing play from the launcher. I have added the exceptions to my firewall, reinstalled, validated, confirmed beta was properly uninstalled, confirmed directx was up to date, confirmed video drivers were up to date.

Still broken.

Please fix so I can give you money.
  7. Darkraven

Not working for me either!!!! This sucks!!!
  8. Gotanks3646

LOL, kinda kills the FTP model when the game does not work...
  9. smellyfish

same with me :(
  10. Firedup67

Same issue "PlanetSide2.exe has stopped working" was playing fine no issues. Last patch, i can not get in. I completely uninstalled and re-installed followed all the firewall rules.
  11. andz011

I'm unable to start the game too, keep getting message "planetside2.exe has stopped working". I am wondering why this is coming up?
  12. 5Lire

i have the same problem....and i think it's problem of development game because i notice different players with fully hardware requirements, they have problem of lagging and freeze then process stops to work...i hope SOE will resolve soon this issues..
  13. Mortigon

What fixed it for me was uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection. No matter what or how many exceptions I added for the 3 executables, the game would go black screen with blue arrow then crash. Once I uninstalled SEP, the game started up every time. It seems once planetside2.exe is changed, SEP just doesn't want to allow the newly modified .exe to work. I will be reverting to an older version of Symantec Anti-virus (that doesn't have pro-active protection) until they work it out.
  14. lonesome killer

I have Symantec Endpoint Protection also, but I have it completely disabled. Everything is turned off. Pro active protection, firewall, everything. You shouldn't have to uninstall it for it to work should you?

The game does work for me this morning now.
  15. Bas vd Linden

I have the same problem i just downloaded the game and it does not work
  16. Stoleypoo

Same problem as anyone else, start game, then the game doesn't respond, white screen, then crash!
  17. have2laugh

it'd be really nice if this thread was merged with the other 4 page thread on the same issue - making a huge 14 page thread for SOE TSRs to continue to ignore whilst clearly being active on the boards and addressing single-post issues
  18. Stoleypoo

WOW - I have a fix for MY problem, I kept trying to start the game with mumble open and active, which shouldn't be a problem, but ever since I closed mumble I had no problem what-so-ever to start the game. How crazy and simple some fixes are for some problems. :D I'm as happy as can be.
  19. Nestor

Confirmed that if you uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection the issue is resolved
  20. smellyfish

any solution?