Planetside.exe virus Win32: Hoblig [Heur]

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Renegade, May 11, 2013.

1. bwilson

For everyone who is using Avast that has reported this, what has Avast come back with a reply when you uploaded the files to them for a possible false-positive?
  2. Klemens

I reported it as a possible false-positive, but it said that they would not return a response if they didn't need any more information.
    Guess we just have to keep an eye out on for SOE and Avast on Twitter and their official forums.

Avast had a new virus-definition update as of today where they said they "fixed some false-positive warnings". I was disappointed when this didn't include the PS2 update...
  3. Stalker

Im not sure anymore, im trying not to log into too much if its a keylogger and such, but i have not lost access to anything so far, but im not using my credit card for anything until i know for sure.

Im running Malwarebytes, aswMBR,GMER and Avast, and those programs are finding nothing on my computer thats dangerous or anything. I wonder if it did nothing while my shields were down.
  4. Costanza33

Wow man, it's f****** scary, now I'm glad to have ignored the Higby's tweet and have followed my instinct: I didn't exclude the PS2 folder or even disable my AV to update PS2, **** that. I'm definitely waiting for more explanation, simply because I don't want to endure all the problems you had, just for one game. Thanks for sharing and bringing some more infos bro.
  5. Korban

this thread is worthy to be bumped.
  6. Stalker

Indeed
    They should have posted something about it here
    EDIT: And by that i mean an own post about it, from someone like Higby
  7. bIlZbUb

seriuosly xlander quit spreading paranoia and get your facts straight. your last two posts have been utterly ridiculous and completely off the mark. focus on a solution, not spreading rumors about crap you know nothing about. now if someone can share the exact link with the avast fix it would be greatly appreciated. effen trollers i swear!
  8. Assassin22

all you people who are using avast is a false-positive all you have to do is disable your file system shield you will be fine i've been doing it since the patch came out until they whitelist it im sure there wont be anymore problems so stop being a bunch of whinners and just disable it for the time been it wont hurt you
  9. DownhillDino

Sure, I'll do that when there isn't a virus in the update. Had to do a thorough cleansing on one computer which contracted a virus from the update and spread to many files infecting them. Had to use Avast, Malwarebytes, spybot search and destroy and a boot scan. Another computer was saved and the virus did not spread but only present in the Planetside 2 and another game's files. Luckily this one only needed some Malwarebytes and a boot scan. Yeah, turn Avast off, not a chance.
    • Up x 1
  10. VonStalin

Solution is simple.
    [IMG]
    And no more problems :)
  11. Phyr

Uninstalling Avast! and using a less bloated, less intrusive program would be even better.
  12. VonStalin

I am SO thankful for avast developers they have saved my PC.. Why should i delete it? Why I am using it in the first place then?
    The Best anti-virus EVER.
  13. Phyr

I'm sorry you need someone to save your computer from yourself. Avast!, much like Norton, is bloated resource hogs that get in the way more often then not. I haven't run an AV scan in 255 days, and use the minimum windows security. The scan came up with 1 legit risk, which was a crack for a program I torrented..
  14. S7rudL

Some comments in here are pretty epic. :confused:
  15. Assassin22

oh stop ******** it wrong hurt you im beening serious i check all my file ON MY COM-PUTER and all check well so its F-ing fine but if you dont want believe me then fine just mean you wont be playing for a month or go bye a damn antivirus do one of thing you'll be fine im just trying to help you guys out but fine dont listen to me i dont care
  16. Thorvaldr

@Assassin22: So far, I haven't seen any concrete data from you, only your opinion.

There are many on this thread with past experience dealing with elusive viruses / malware. I count myself among them. When you've been working in IT for nearly 20 years, as I have, you learn (from hard lessons) not to blindly trust anyone who says "don't worry, it will be fine". If you're smart, you verify everything based on facts, not supposition. Without official word from Avast (a highly respected company in the world of data security), we're right to be cautious. Why stomp on someone for being cautious? Why does it make a difference to you?

If you yourself work for Avast, or have extensive knowledge of it's scanning algorithms, I'd probably put more stock in your opinion. At the minimum, I would be more interested in your point of view. Failing that, if you have no proof to offer, you're trolling and need to find something else to do with your time.
    • Up x 3
  17. DownhillDino

Good words Thorvaldr. :D

I will clear some things up though. Considering I already stated that the update DID IN FACT INFECT 2 COMPUTERS in my house both showing obvious evidence that it was Planetside 2. Also, get a different anti-virus? Avast works fine, besides, whenever it shows up, or doesn't show and something suspicious comes up, we throw an onslaught of virus killing software onto whatever is on the computer. Done this for years, I know what I'm doing, like Thorvaldr, except I'm no IT guy. :p
  18. EmmeraldWeapon

Planetside did not infect anything.

[IMG]

Nothing to see here, move along.
  19. bIlZbUb

omg seriously hilarious. you guys that are saying that the SOE's LP infected your computers really just need to hang it up and get an expert to help you out. i haven't laughed this hard since the last louis ck special. ... speaking of special.. i know of an Olympics for ya!!!
  20. XLander