Planetside.exe virus Win32: Hoblig [Heur]

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Renegade, May 11, 2013.

1. thatnanoguy

I really hope the above post is not true. I'm glad I have not added and exception for ps2 yet. SOE, when are you going to fix this? I have been browsing these forums nonstop since the patch came out and I have not seen any word on a fix yet. It is getting kind of ridiculous.
  2. Jakes

I wish I could say it isnt true, unfortunately it is true that upon booting up my computer this it detected the same Hoblig-B attempting to access my keyboard process / drivers after the fact that I had removed the infected patch file the night before. This is extremely disturbing and I would like to get a response from SOE regarding this situation. If I do not hear from them shortly I will be sending them a letter stating the same.
  3. Halathorn

Your brain is the best anti-virus software, use it...

I don't use any of these anti-virus programs. At most, I have Malware-bytes to scan anything I download. Other than that, just watch what you click and don't be stupid. I have not had a virus problem in the last 4-5 years.
  4. Phenics

Come on SOE, a virus? Really? Just because some branch in your company made my walkman years ago doesn't mean i trust you.
  5. Bugs

Hi Jake

Thanks for flagging this up. If it helps I ran a malwarebytes, and their anti-rootkit, scan and it didn't pick anything up. Avast, which has always been reliable, did though. So I did some checking on :

https://www.virustotal.com/en/about/

I uploaded planetside2.exe to be checked and it resulted in :

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...34d2186e18ea25922d1e0cf8/analysis/1382023393/

I expect they'll be quite a few uploading the same..

It's just another view but I'm still concerned. Second to my beer glass this computer is the most valuable asset I have.. so any experts view out there greatly appreciated.
    • Up x 1
  6. INTREPEX

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...afd76f2a99e34d2186e18ea25922d1e0cf8/analysis/

9/10 its a false positive but you never know.

I can't see Sony gaining anything from the first disaster they committed it would destroy SOE. There smart enough to know someone would expose them again and then it would be like fool me once sham on you. Now if more then one of these virus programs starts picking it up because when one flags them they all do there own research to see if there program needs to flag it as well to keep up with there competitors then I would start worrying. Its the whole reason virus total exists is to share information between anti virus makers.
  7. VonStalin

This is EPIC fail.
    Not going to do anything. Not going to play until this is fixed.

[IMG]
  8. Zathris

I'm seeing the same issue, with the same security app. I wonder if any other application besides Avast is seeing a virus.
  9. Azure crow

AHAHAHHA relieved it is not just me i was worried as well! Avast flagged it during patching process! I have played on my other account and pc since beta and have had no issues till now (and the fact that both my beta account has been deleted) well besides getting 403 error after signing up for forums lol. Yep i have since run several mbr checks and rootkit programs to see what has come up. So far nothing heres to hoping they fix it! I dont need help remembering my own passwords so ill pass on the keylogger ;) thanks
  10. unjulation

indeed im getting an avast block on ps2 installer -

only way i can get round is by disabling avast -

just had to do that for the new hotfix 100+kb sized one wonder if thats a fix for it will start avast and see ???
  11. unjulation

nope ps2 still wont run unless i disable avast what are they playing at a little bit poor me thinks
  12. Pazzonni

So, 24 Hours since i last wrote and still virus warning... Well, second night not playing PS2, because of a supposedly "false-positive" IF it were so innocent it shouldn't be too hard to fix it.... To think i just started a membership last week....
  13. bwilson

Anyone here actually contact Avast about this to check if it is a false alarm? Or do you just use the free version of the software and go with whatever it says.
  14. unjulation

i dont get any probs from malwarebytes or other progs saying its dodge i have installed so i reckon it is a false positive
  15. Mauller

best fix is to ditch avast, its a system hog, your better off without it and will most likely get better system performance and responsiveness.

removed it from many peoples pcs with them to start working how they should straight away.
  16. GlorifiedMurderer

DO NOT UNINSTALL YOUR ANTI-VIRUS! Avast is one of the best, if not thee best free anti-virus programs. After seeing all the problems others have had with this patch, I would say that this IS in fact another virus by Sony. The question now is how severe of a virus is it? (from most to least likely) Just greyware? spyware? or the first step of a bigger plan by Sony?
  17. NCiceman

18. Timithos

Steam user directories for Win 7 looks more like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe.part

But yeah, like someone else said, you guys need to be contacting the AV companies yourselves and sorting this out.
  19. Timithos

Well that's it then. I'm not playing until SOE sorts this out with Avast.

I at first added the new exceptions into Avast, but then I found that I've had exceptions in there all along for other Planetside executables. I now remember why they're there, because they had an issue back in beta with Avast also.

I'm not playing anymore with exceptions to Planetside.
  20. Timithos

MajiinBuu posted on a similar thread that he/she is using Microsoft Security Essentials and having the same issue.