Planetside 2 Base/Map Designing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpyShadow28, Mar 16, 2014.

1. TheBlazing

Oh yes, that would be awesome. Player studio bases? Yes please!

I do some amateur mapping/modding for Source Engine-based games (which are notorious for their extreme flexibility and mod support) and I love it, it would be awesome to have that feature in PS2!
  2. SpyShadow28

I have not released a update because I am redoing the entire setup to be more better, faster, and easier for me to make updates. I just got done reinstalling windows so now my pc running faster then ever now and I will soon begin to work on cryengine. I been mostly trying to get my hands on the cryengine on steam to find out if they really did fix the physics scale issue.

I begin work on the project this week. Be patent. You guys also might want to make a separate cryengine installation because when this next update comes out, it will most likely not work with the current updates because its something entirely new. So if you want to keep your current maps with the stuff not breaking, install another cryengine copy for the update that is coming.

Also on source sdk stuff. Yes I am working on a huge project for garrysmod. Lookup GM City on the workshop. 35,000 downloads so far and counting. I am attempting to create a giant huge detailed city in the source engine. So far I managed to get 100 fps on a huge open world map on that engine and it took over a year just to get it to that point.

Also I did not lose any of my work because its on a separate hard drive then my OS.
    • Up x 2
  3. Darthsebious

Good to hear you're still working on stuff Spy, as for me next streaming, I'm probably going to do one next week. Possibly Monday or Tuesday. I have a load of work that I need to do this week otherwise I would have done it this week.
    • Up x 1
  4. SpyShadow28

Ok, let us know what time and timezone.
    I went ahead and pay the $10 for the cryengine on steam because I want to check it out and see if they did fix the physics issue.

Downloading as of now. It's pretty big download. 3 GB. I be able to use it until July 18 2014.

I did learn something from subscriptions on steam and that is, they charge your credit card vs your wallet balance.

Today I be working on the project. If anyone wants to help me convert these models, please let me know. I let you guys know what I find out after the download is done.
    • Up x 1
  5. libbmaster

After many false starts, and an enormous amount of procrastination, I have finally started on a design that I think will work!

I promise to have screen shots latter today.
    • Up x 2
  6. vsae

I hope that whoever will end up doing usermade base designs will make lots of buildings that are connected together and not separated by wide roads with the A point in the middle of it.
  7. SpyShadow28

I checked out the newer version of the cryengine.You can only get this version if you pay there subscription.

CryEngine v3.6.3 build 2674

They fixed the non-uniform scaling in this version. It just sucks that we are all stuck with the old version which has it broken. The paid version, the editor.exe mainly, is linked to steam where it checks steam if you have the subscription in order to start and run.

I will see if I can find another free game engine which supports uniform scaling similar to planetside 2 editor stuff. So close yet so far...
    • Up x 1
  8. libbmaster

• Up x 2
  9. Darthsebious

Interesting concept. I like the pipe feature that you have. Are you going to be expanding on this or was this just a test to get things into the editor?
    • Up x 1
  10. PKfire

• Up x 1
  11. Whatupwidat

There's not much in the way of cover for defenders - but inside a larger base it might be alright :D
    • Up x 1
  12. libbmaster

Nope. This is the start of what I'm ruining with! The idea is that it's a pump station of some kind. The pipes go down into the large building, and connect. The attackers have to fight through it to get to the cap point on the bridge. (Or, that's the plan anyway).

Thank you! :D

Yea, I noticed that too. Made some upgrades to the spawn room afterward, will make more changes today. I don't want it to be a farm! :confused:
  13. libbmaster

14. Darthsebious

15. Darthsebious

Just to let you know, probably going to do some more streaming tomorrow. Might switch over to twitch as well. See if thats better for people watching.

I'm thinking about 3pm BST. I'll probably stream for a good few hours as well.
  16. Darthsebious

So I did a four hour stream. If you want to watch it back, here is the archive of it (all 4 hours :-D)

17. Darthsebious

18. Strottinglemon

Would it be possible to import Planetside gun models and sounds into CryEngine?
  19. SpyShadow28

Possibly Yes. But I don't have any idea how you would rig the character to have the weapon actually working.

Sense Hossin is now on the main retail copy of planetside 2. When I release this update, expect it to be something big then anything you guys have seen now.

I plan to have tons of things working like it should. For example, at night the builds will be lit just like you find in planetside 2.

Sorry there has not been any updates. I just want this next update to be worth the wait. Be patent. Dealing with 100*F weather day and night here. AC hardly helping and you all know how computers perform under these temperatures
    • Up x 2
  20. libbmaster

Spy, you are awesome.

May Vanu be with you.

I on the other hand, have to pull myself away from hossin and finish that darn base!

I'm slowly stating to discover that my base would be a spawn camped nightmare to fight at... ether the defenders wouldn't be able to get out, or the attackers wouldn't be able to get in! But I will see it through none the less...