Planetside 2 Base/Map Designing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpyShadow28, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Tuco

*raises hand*

So what's the point of one way spawn room shields (or teleport room shields), if you're just gonna put a wall in front of it?
  2. Darthsebious

Who has spawn room shields?
  3. SpyShadow28

I have not added spawn room shields or anything because I don't know how you make textures move over each other in the material edtior. Also go ahead and scale objects anyway you want for now because hopefully crytek will release a new version of the sdk and the problem be resolved.

Keep up the good work guys.
    • Up x 1
  4. libbmaster

You too!

Thanks for exporting these models man.
  5. Darthsebious

So I've been thinking, I'm tempted to start streaming some of my sessions in the editor. Would this be something that people would be interested in watching?
    • Up x 2
  6. libbmaster

Sure! Go for it!
  7. SpyShadow28

Post the url for your twitch or ustream channel and post the time and days you will do it. I will check it out.
  8. SpyShadow28

• Up x 2
  9. Darthsebious

Oh, Amp Station stuff. Colour me excited...

ANy idea on when the next update will be Spy?
  10. SpyShadow28

the next update will hopefully be by the end of the week. Been working on it a little bit at a time. Hopefully the big surprise that SOE president @j_smedley tweeted is about H1Z1 Early Access because if so, I will be able to begin converting those models as well for the cryengine.
  11. SpyShadow28

I messed something up on the package so I got to remake the whole thing again but the good news is, it be 10x faster for me to make plus better organized. I have decided to leave all components for stuff in the package and then add to it. A example is the Amp Station. It's normally in pieces. Now you the mapper can make use of the pieces in other places besides the amp station.

I know this is not good news but I promise I be working for one whole week on this. I need to also make a dynamic system that lets me know what I have converted.

"I will do my best to NOT break your maps."
    • Up x 1
  12. SpyShadow28

I did a comparison between planetside 2 & planetside 2 test server assets.

There is a difference in model count but the difference is only in the vehicles. Both servers have the same props. So in other words, the planetside 2 copy you normally play has the Hossin props already. SOE did this so that we all don't have to download GB of data when they add the hossin map.
  13. SpyShadow28

Looks like CryTek updated there site and possibly CryEngine but now a new problem. They are doing the same thing that unreal engine company is doing. Putting the entire game engine on a subscription service.

http://www.crydev.net/index.php

By looking on there forums I gathered that they did update it but only for subscription members.

We are using...
    CryEngine Free SDK v3.5.8 (2310) 3.12.2014

They get...
    CryEngine v3.6.2 (2621)

Found this quote from the forum too
    "As previously stated, the FreeSDK will be available but will receive no further updates. Was clearly stated."

In other words, the fix for the physics models not scaling the physics mesh correctly is only in the paid version. Guess we won't get that functionality for what we are doing.
    • Up x 1
  14. Darthsebious

Well that sucks. GG Crytek... GG.. :mad:
    • Up x 1
  15. libbmaster

I'm at that point to.

RAAAGE.

Now all we can hope for is SOE releasing their development tools through player studio... lol never going to happen. :(
  16. Codex561

Not sure if sarcastic but we developers enjoy coding.
  17. Codex561

Oh its an SDK :(
  18. Darthsebious

Figured I'd go ahead and start doing some base design streaming this afternoon... Come have a look at the new base I'm building if you fancy...

http://www.justin.tv/darthsebious
  19. SpyShadow28

What time, days you be streaming and what time zone are you in?
  20. AudieSmurfy

Any word on how the next update is coming along? The last one was over 6 weeks ago. :/