People saying NC have the "best" infantry - are they insane?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ghoest, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Izriul

Only, they can. I'd say only first world countries, but since children women and farmers proved that wrong, I'd actually include 3rd world too.

Really, the rest of the world would.
  2. Ghoest

I would disagree - but like i said - I think its a non-issue.
    Pistols just dont matter much overall.
  3. Takoita

Is this a troll thread?
  4. Ghoest

This really isnt true.

NC guns are not harder to use and they arent better. Although some people probably do better with slow firing guns and some do better with fast firing guns.

All 3 factions have guns with similar recoil per damage and similar COF bloom per damage and they have similar dps.

The differences between factions are mostly in your head.
  5. pucwyczes

Similar but different.
  6. Krayus_Korianis

I believe it is. Because the OP is deluded.
  7. Farlion

What an utterly stupid post. NC Infantry is the best without any question.
    All your points pure nonsense.
  8. COMMANDER K33N

I disagree. Pistols can be just as important as your rifle. If you can use them effectively, that is. The amount of times i see people try to get a reload off instead of switching to their sidearm...
  9. TeknoBug

On my NC alt I've been using the Reaper DMR religiously, and occasionally the AC-X11 when I play engineer, but recently I picked up both the GR-22 and Gauss Compact S and what a difference. So I use the Reaper and AC-X11 at range (outside when approaching a base) and then the GR-22 and Compact S when inside such as the biolab or defending cap points and generators.
  10. JonnyAFKay

I know people will flame with me being an NC avatar and all that. But I do feel like since the flinch changes things are pretty balanced.

Evenly numbered firefights are rarely one sided, each faction has it's strengths and weaknesses
  11. Dagonlives

NC have the best LMGs and Heavy assault is a popular class.
  12. cheesefry

if you say so... lol
  13. cheesefry

it's still higher than the other 2 factions, but I agree it's not difficult to overcome. That being said, insert their higher damage and their seemingly dominance in cqc, they're the preferred infantry faction, imo.
  14. FlayvorOfEvil

15. Patrician

Seriously; your stock LMG doesn't need the attachments it's so easy to use.
  16. Izriul

I do.
  17. Devrailis

Let me sum up this thread.

NC Player:

"My Faction is UP, therefore I am skilled."
    "Your Factions are OP, therefore you are all smelly, unwashed noobs unfit to wipe my sweaty ballsacks."

TR Player:

"Your Factions are OP, therefore you are all smelly, unwashed noobs unfit to wipe my sweaty ballsacks."

VS Player:

"Also, I am fabulous, and you're just jelly we have better buns."

Nothing to see here folks.

Well, except for dem fabulous buns. :cool:
    • Up x 4
  18. Shiaari

You don't know Vanu weapons very well then.

First, they buffed the other two tanks into their roles. The whole, "Magrider is OP" whine is about 3 patches old.

Second, Vanu weapons not having drop means they also have more severe damage falloff than your weapons. See, you can account for bullet drop. There is a skill curve where you learn how to deal with bullet drop. However, there is no way to compensate for damage falloff. It is a completely arbitrary variable that we have no control over. So, all this "Vanu weapons are better at long range," is complete poppyc*o*c*k.

NC weapons hit harder per shot. This must be compensated for with reduced accuracy and higher recoil, and reduced rate of fire. Plain and simple, but you can learn how to use NC weapons to their full potential. Vanu weapons are peaked right out of the box, and once you master them there is no real benefit. That's not exactly "EZ" mode.

Now, I can't speak for the Scythe. I'm not a big ESF user.
    • Up x 1
  19. Shiaari

Well, I've never said that Vanu is under powered. I play the faction because I love what it represents, at least what it represented in original PlanetSide. Not sure if I'm hot on the whole religion thing now, but the idea of unlocking human potential and seeking after advanced technology for the sake of itself seems like a plan to me.

That's really what drives me in a game: The story. It's why Blizzard will never ever ever ever top Heart of The Swarm because it's a romance, and Protoss aren't exactly the most feeling things in the universe.

Other than that I think the three factions are identical. I think they've done a spectacular job with trying to balance the three while maintaining that perfect imbalance so that all three factions have their niche.

I think someone compared NC to America, and I disagree. I think TR represents America the most. NC isn't necessarily about freedom, they're capitalists. I think of the NC more like the ... well ... Libertarians LOL, independent from the State but existing as a power in of itself.

Vanu? We're egg heads. We're what happens when nerds and geeks learn how to use laser guns.
  20. AssaultPig

I was pretty disappointed in the vanu HA options once I tried out the gauss SAW. I'd shell out 1000 certs no question just to get the default NC LMG. /sigh

Also the AC-X11 seems pretty nice, but I haven't shot it enough to really know.