People saying NC have the "best" infantry - are they insane?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ghoest, Mar 22, 2013.

1. supernauttt

after the latest balancing tweaks ive actually seen a huge leap in NC territory control on matherson, and being in a large outfit our platoons are doing WAY better in fights, ontop of that KD wise im doing easily twice as good as i was a month or 2 ago playing basically in the same style anyways, so im pretty content with the NC for the first time ever, my only grief left lies with the REAVER, our max needing a long range AI wep, and I stopped playing LA due to there weapon choice is pretty awful, u either use the starting carbine or the gd7f or shotguns/smgs, and yes ive bought and used EVERY LA guns, so i switched to HA as my main and using the EM6 and the new launchers im tripling my K/D lately
  2. Bape

NC takes more skills i tried TR and vs and it require no skills what so ever to compensate recoil i can just click and thats it. With NC you have to constantly keep and adjust the mouse to control the recoil and you gotta stop shooting at certain point to calm the recoil down :oops:.
  3. TheUprising

That maggie chick and the art guy are VS. And that maggie chick is 1 of the 2 ppl who do weapon balancing. The other is a TR I think. No wonder NC guns make no sense...
  4. Disparu

Ya no wonder right? I mean what makes sense about a Max that is able to kill any other max in under 2 seconds, and instant kill any infantry at close range when at similar ranges the other maxes have a far longer ttk.

If thats what happens when the main PR person balances your race, I'd prefer to have Higby play the VS (and not for his fps skills).
  5. Krayus_Korianis

Gotta be joking.

I play all three factions. NC has WAY less recoil than the TR does, VS has little to no recoil. Your post tells me you supplemented TR with NC.
  6. TheUprising

Higby is not in charge of weapon balance. And the current max situation is b/c max'es aren't fully fleshed out yet, the MAX rework is on the horizon, expect flamethrowers. I mean if you don't think weapon balancing is whack, just compare the Anchor to the Orion, take them out on VR or something. Why in the WORLD would you choose the Anchor over the Orion?
  7. Bape

Lmao? NC HAS LESS RECOIL THEN TR OH GOD STOP IT LOL!
  8. TheUprising

This is simply not true and narrow minded TR-ness, its how you've escaped getting your ammo capacity nerfed "because cmon guys 10 more bullets is no big deal!"

NC has more recoil per second and more bloom per second. TR and VS are pretty similar in the former category, in that they both have low recoil and low bloom per second, with the TR generally trading a tad bit of recoil for more dps.
  9. Krayus_Korianis

Then tell me how I consistently get more kills on my NC than on my TR?

I bet you haven't even used a TR rifle at all. Probably why you have NO idea what kind of recoil we have to compensate for. The handles and compensators don't do much for our rifles.
  10. Beartornado

As an NC MAX.
    I kill players who run up to me and make themselves into an easy cert pinata.
    I die to players who stay out of my effective range or make it incredibly difficult to shoot them.

If shotguns in general dominated the game as effectively as the hideously inaccurate whiners would have us believe then nobody would use LMGs, SMGs, or Carbines. But people do, and is not because they don't own a shotgun, its because the shotgun has a very small range of effective use. Even I would go for my GD-7F over my Claw on my Light Assault because I need to be able to attack effectively from various heights and distances, not just CQC.
    • Up x 1
  11. cheesefry

very few countries can contend with the U.S.A....

so, I doubt "every other country" would say, "okay?"
  12. cheesefry

Insane? No. NC weapons simply do more damage than TR and VS. While they do have more recoil to deal with, in CQC they do extremely well, especially with their max. Anyone can get used to, and simply adjust for, recoil and bullet drop, and there you go.
    • Up x 1
  13. Locke

The weapon stats including recoil figures have been data mined from the game and are available here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rue&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

I guess if there is some difference in compensator and forward grip reduction between TR and NC weapons that would make a difference but I doubt that will be correct.
  14. Scorponok

the recoild on NC isnt much higher then the rest and most overcome it with ease.
  15. Locke

I totally agree in the most part about the balance although there are certainly guns and attachments that are superior in certain situations. If I have the Gauss SAW at 100m its my advantage and if you have the Orion at 10m its your advantage. Most of the time as you said its largely down to the factors you listed.
  16. Clonecenter-resident

Allow me to introduce you to a little think called a "scattermax" or it's brother, the "hackmax"

Yes, they count as infantry.
  17. Bagginz

There are so many statements made here that are demonstrably false, that I'm not even going to begin correcting them.

None of the guns are the same. Even the pump shotties across the three factions, while identical on paper, each one feels a little different than the others.

There's ton's of rhetoric here about who's guns are the best, and the bottom line is this: they're all different. Some people will be more effective with NC's guns, some with VS's, and some with TR's. There's no "best" here. All the guns work, and each has it's own benefit. Some people like a high rate of fire, some people like high damage, some people like long range, etc, etc.

There's no "best".
  18. Bill Hicks

They are not insane, they are stupid. The reason they think NC infantry is OP is because NC have been practicing playing infantry only for 6 months. None of the pro flyboys or tankers went NC. So our armor and airforce get destroyed in seconds.
    We are simply better skillwise than the other factions. We dont back down and wait for out tank timers.
  19. RHYS4190

As far as im concerned TR and vanu is made up of whinging little girls/ NC IS DEFINITLY NOT OP it the opposite out of the two factions it is the worst off. TR for example have overly accurate high rate of fire weapons that take 0% skill to use and all the do is complain about it.

a basic un certed TR rifle is just as lethal as a fully certed NC weapon think about that. then there is the fact a lot of NC player are using high rate of fire weapons that are a direct copy of yours....... what does that tell you.

if there beating you it because the NC made up of people with a back bone they don't complain they don't whinge they put there head down and take all the nerfs all the abuse on the chin these people are used to fighting at a dis advantage which makes them better players that it NC if it is over powered is because they are really good players. THAT IT!!!!!!!!!!.

if you can't handle that then go buy a bag full of hacks.
  20. Frosty The Pyro

current stats (well okay, they are a month old now) show NC max at about a 30% advantage (at BR50+, only about 20% advantage over all levels), Reaver at about a 5% disadvantage (with TR and VS being about the same, scythe just a hair ahead), and the Vanguard at about a 30% disadvantage (with MAG and prowler being about the same, mag just a hair ahead untill you get to the BR50+ folks when the prowler is a hair ahead). The tank bit suprised the hell out of me, I mean yeah not suprised prowlers and mags fair better than vans, but I expected a much smaller margine.

Playtime for maxes however was about 1/6 to 1/5 that of tanks and ESFs over all, and around 1/20th for the BR50+ bracket.

Esentialy though there is a distinct advantage with the max and that should be altered (I promote tightening the CoF of stock, fire rate, and acurate varations of the TR and VS weapons, and reducing bloom on the big mag variations), however the game impact of said advantage is less than the impact of the ESFs difference, and signifigantly less than the impact of the Vanguards aparent defecency simply due to how much more often ESFs and MBT's are used. As such those should be a higher priority.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=20
    • Up x 1