Patch Notes - 3/10

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Higby, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Regpuppy

If this was an arena shooter, no problem with any of these. I can even deal with the latter three. But the minimap information is going a tad too far in a game like Planetside 2. You're partially negating good positioning and flanking with this.
    • Up x 12
  2. Eette

I like the idea of the death screen showing more information, but it should never show the location of the killer. I think the PS2 community has voiced their concern over this before. A kill cam of any sort is a bad idea in my opinion.

I think I will like most of the other changes, but I'm still testing them out. :)

Also, please give us the ability to turn off the mission system. The sounds and icons are distracting and annoying. I don't need an automated system to show me where to go, I prefer using tactics and planning with command chat to decide.

If PS2 needs a system that shows new players where to go and what to do, that is great. But it should be something that can be disabled by each player.
    • Up x 12
  3. AnamNantom

Heh. Naw, just IP address and vulnerable port numbers ;). Yeah I'm also NOT for the new deathscreen idea as far as the positional giveaway. I'm one of those bastard infiltrators, come find me. Hehe.

And while I have your attention... groove out to some Vanu music...
    http://anam.tilt180.com/the-path-of-humanity-spread-the-word-vanu-is-your-future/
    • Up x 1
  4. cellinaire

Thinking about it, I can totally live without all the "reveal more more moar information of your killer" thing. If I repeatedly die with attacks from the same guy, then silly me. And I think I'm a noob in this game, so it's telling something. And the fear of some random NC infil back-stabbing on my back...ya it's sometimes annoying, but overall more immersive imho.

I mean, people who play games like Dark Soul expect to be annoyed by it in some degree. The same goes for MMO. Either design a game to be easy in the first place, or gotta stick to your gun.

(If I really wanted killscreen or killcam, I can play another fps any day. These are Immersion breaker for me....and sry I didn't mean to offend anyone :D )
    • Up x 5
  5. vincent-

Is the rumble seat feature for libs still on the table or what?
    • Up x 4
  6. Fleischwolf

Very nice changes so far on test. I was just hoping that you guys take another look at the Galaxy's tail gun as well with the same logic as with the Liberator. I know that is not the most fun position for someone to play, but am sure shared crew experience might alleviate that. Also, not sure how well the Drake is performing on live, but I feel this weapon could be re-visited. For an all-round weapon it seems pretty limited in that role. Just getting tired of the old 2 Bulldog 2 Walker combo on the Galaxy, as those are the only other choices in weapons, and those MUST be purchased with certs / SC.
    • Up x 3
  7. ZephyrBurst

What about only giving this to players below a certain Battle Rank, like any player below 5 or 10?
    • Up x 8
  8. Nepau

I think having a Direction indicator from your death location would be fair, Much like how you tend to know from what direction your taking hits from, so really all it would be is the information you already get, but for a longer term, then before.

The one thing I'm on the fence about is the Buff to Liberator Composite armor to protect against tank shells. To be honest we are talking about an aircraft that is designed to fly high, where the bomber is the Main threat. I could see the increase to flak, and honestly I'm not against the Gal getting that survability improvements, but I really don't see the need to give a Liberator more close range survivability considering what a Bomber is meant to be. To me it is the equivelent to giving an Infiltrator a Heavy Assult shield.
  9. Nepau

Here is a thought about the Relative position of a player, Could they make it so that information's accuracy or even avalibility is dependent on things like Supressors? I could see that as an indirect buff to those kinds of weapons, so that sniper who is damn good and long range using that Supressor isn't going to have his position given to hit Now dead target, compaired to the Loud and Proud one.
    • Up x 1
  10. Jaybo H

Ok I honestly don't understand the Ranger change. It says it is underperforming... and I assume to the Walker.

...yet the Walker is getting lots of buffs too. What about bumping Ranger direct damage to 125 or something? Adjust fire rate? etc.
    • Up x 2
  11. TorigomaSET

Spur: Very Fun Weapon. Not as hard hitting as the Tank Buster by a good margin, but the Mobility it offers is refreshing. I can see it pairing up very well with a Walker or Hyena Missiles.Will work very well in a 3/3 Lib, where the Pilot can guard the front and the Tail-gunner the back without screwing out the Belly Gunner's shot.

Hyena Missile Launcher: Really do feel like Coyotes on a Lib, And that's not Necessarily a bad thing. Pretty ineffective against Infantry and the Spread makes them unreliable against Armor, but they wreak in the Air. Depending on how the Walker works at range now, you'll be seeing these alot. They are pretty Fun too.

Duster: I'm....Honestly not sure what to think of this one. It's Bugged in the VR room right now, so does no damage against Infantry. On one Hand, the spread is so massive that a shot can hit anywhere with in about 30m of where you aim, on the other It's got pretty massive Slash Radius. While at first it just feels like a Zephyr Variant, I see this weapon being used (if it is used at all) more like its name imply, to quickly fly over an area and Dust it with a Clip before retreating, verses the Zephyr's more "Continuous bombardment of Hellfire Approach".
    Did I mention that it can 1 clip a MBT if it gets right up on it? (I mean RIGHT UP ON IT, like within meters)
  12. DeadliestMoon

The Lib isnt a bomber though, its a gunship.
  13. Jeslis

The ranger has 2 dmg components; the direct dmg if you hit the target
    and the flak dmg AOE explosion if you shoot *past* the target at all closely.

Realistically this weapon needed a velocity buff.. the lead required on this to hit anything is TERRIBLE.
    • Up x 2
  14. Jeslis

Could you//anyone else post a video or more detail with regards to the Spur -- specifically, how does it compare to the TB in stats, and how do you use this aim? the Mouse3 freelook? cause Ima have to rebind that.. Pushing the Mousewheel without accidentally scrolling it is difficult.
  15. TorigomaSET

The Free Aim for the Spur is used in Conjunction with your Zoom Button, I.E, If you hit the (default) Right Mouse Button, you go into Zoom and Free Aim Mode. Free Aim is only Active when you HOLD the Mouse button though, so you can tap it to just Zoom in. It CAN get Disorienting sometimes though, as it snaps back when you let go of the Button.
    • Up x 1
  16. Vivicector

Looking forward to Liberator changes! At last, it may start to be useful against zerg rushes.

Dalton changes sound stupid. You want to say, that this weapon won't OHK infantry any more? My gunner was already saying that Dalton was like 1000 wasted certs since Shredder is better...

Still no bombs, c'on!

Afterburner sounds like still too weak. It needs to give higher speed also. 50km/h boost is pathetic.

Otherwise, sounds fine.
    • Up x 1
  17. Amarsir

Agreed. Direction and the minimap indicator for a non-suppressed weapon are all that should be required. Hidden infantry isn't nearly that frustrating.

You know what is frustrating to the point of quitting?
    Yup.

I think people who defend Liberators are rationalizing what's already in front of them. If Libs didn't exist, there's be request for another airship but no one would say "You know what this game needs? A slow-moving suppressive vehicle that can spot the entire battlefield and one-shot infantry before they can get a rocket off. And is immune to small-arms fire." Nobody would say that because it's not a fun thing for a game to have. Every other vehicle is fun even if you go 0/1 with it. But a Lib is only fun to people who get massive killstreaks with it, and that fails to take into account the humans on the other end of it.

You guys are making death screen changes to help new players, right? Well if you think they're frustrated by an infantry they didn't see, how frustrating do you think it is dying to an enemy they can see but can't do anything about?
    • Up x 6
  18. Elrobochanco

Really really hoping this is a misprint and you meant to say immediately. Because easily one of the things in a game like BF4 that make me feel it's so much ****tier than PS2 is that as soon as you die you are stuck in kill screen while you could be tweaking your loadout or doing other things. If I'm forced to sit in kill screen for any longer than I do currently I'm going to be bug reporting it endlessly.

And the kill direction part of the killscreen, Unless this is a 10 pixel long line from your skull marker showing only angle but not distance, it's too much. I'm still downloading test onto my new computer, but this is one of those thing literally nobody wants.

Between this stuff and the potential super zephyr (we don't need new HE weapons, they already reduce the game skill ceiling and fun, we need new weapon ideas) this has the potential to be the most inflammatory update since ZOE first came out.

Where are the bombs, the TV missile, the cargo bay? I mean lets cut right to it, how the heck did the lib update beat out a galaxy update or any other number of classes that could realllllly use a second look. The lib isn't perfect but it doesn't need to be juiced up right now, it's already the alpha predator of the game.

That was a bit ranty but I just got out of a BF4 match and well, I don't want annnny of that type of crap here.
    • Up x 1
  19. Reaper

Maintained lock weapons (A2A missiles and Striker) can now maintain an already established lock 300 meters beyond the maximum acquire range (400 meters) against aircraft

And asking the phoenix to go just as far is out of the question why?
    The dude is NC!
    He's going to get TK'd sitting there because in the NC friendly fire is almost Mandatory. XD
  20. Reaper

This