Patch Notes - 3/10

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Higby, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Godsmangamer

Having this perma active will likely cause the following abuse in more hardcore players. Take note of exactly what load out your killer used and then let their squad know exactly what you are hunting. giving experienced players all they need to know to take the single players down with little effort.

To enable the Death screen to work for helping newer players build situational awareness. Give them the standard advice on counters. Such as, " Keep moving", "enemies can be above you on the roof" "this esf hass radar if you move out of cover they will know".
    IF you feel the need to give new players a kill cam during the first period of the game by all means give it to them so they will be less farmable.

Just only let them have it until level 5-10 or so(up to not exceeding lvl 15) where you start to get a feel for the flow anyway.
    The problem with doing this is that once a player gets used to having that help they won't have built the same level of situational awareness or reflexes necessary for higher level game play nearly as quick.

What I am saying here is dropping the bar down during the introduction to the game could work but it will slow down the speed in which new players adapt to the game environment.
    Meaning players won't move out of noob status for longer and more of the lower ranks will be look on as fodder if this is done.

Also this will let experienced players know that "this lower level player was told where I am, need to move"
    Meaning that they will go for Higher value targets more often. Rather then someone, who they can tell by how they are acting is a new player.

If you are dead set on giving us a kill came for all levels make It barely directional and have it be visible for very little time. In addition have the information on your enemy expire.
    looking at your own stats and bits of advice is very useful and even necessary so that could stay up for the (30seconds you give medics these days)
    • Up x 1
  2. zerg

When the kill cam makes it to live you will 100 % get a bad fedback. It seams you dont know PS2 enaf because the kill cam in this form that it is, is a big no no for PS2.
  3. axiom537

#1. If I dive on an AP/Enforcer Vanguard or any MBT, I like most every other experienced pilot is going to do it from a very steep angle, which means the main gun is not going to be able to hit me, if I get hit by an AP round generally it is from a MBT I do not see. Don't get me wrong, this is definitely a buff, but it's minor and it is mainly a buff to less experienced pilots, good pilots immediately evade after the 1st AP round hits, the little extra health will not make or break them, but it might help less experienced pilots.
    #2) Most Liberators fly with Auto-Repair, because Composite isn't worth it, having to land to repair takes too much time and leaves the Liberator extremely exposed. I think this change will make composite a more viable option or at least a more tempting option. Auto-Repair and Composite share the same slot, so now the liberator pilot is going to need to make a choice.

I agree we need to be very careful with the Liberator, it is an extremely power weapons platform. I think the issue it has is it is Extremely rewarding for good pilots, however it has one of the steepest and biggest learning curves of any of the Air vehicles and most average pilots don't last more then a single run in it. I do not have the numbers to support this, but I would bet 25% or less of the liberator pilots in this game are getting 75% of the kills with it.
    • Up x 1
  4. ScrapyardBob

Senseless change. If the player does not have enough situational awareness to figure out which direction they are being shot from, then they surely don't deserve any sort of arrow or dot or mini-map feature that tells them where the shot came from.

This will have a negative impact on squads being able to flank and attack their enemy from an unknown direction.
    • Up x 3
  5. ScrapyardBob

Agreed - only pilots and people in gunner seats should get shared XP from crew kills (or assists).
  6. Wobberjockey

you seem to have mis-read the road map feedback.

NO.

you know what this change does?
    it completely nullifies the 4-5 min i spent going around a stagnant battle to flank, unnoticed to get position behind my enemy.

it tells enemy snipers EXACTLY where i am, even if i kill them in one shot: oh he didn't snipe me form up front, HE WAS BEHIND ME "hey guys, watch yourselves, we have an infiltrator behind us"

it makes it POINTLESS to flank, because on respawn, all that information is going to be relayed. it will be safer to attack from the main mass of the battle because i can hide in that mess of targets. if i flank, and people know? they are going to be looking for me and spamming 'q'

a cone would be better , but would still unduly punish players for getting into a flanking position.

or is that the design goal: to reduce fights to 2 masses of infantry pushing against each other endlessly?
    • Up x 5
  7. cc2001

That isn't a bad compromise. How many snipers actually use suppressors now? Seems that'd enhance skilled play given the difficulty the suppressor adds.
  8. MarkAntony

I know you may never read this but I am passionate about this as it would ruin the whole game (not just sniping) for me and anybody with a similar playstyle!

Let me explain to you why the following aspect of this are bad and ruin the game not just for snipers and non aggressive stalker cloak players but for anyone who achieves his/her success in the game by positioning instead of twitch aim/good aim.
    • A minimap displaying the killer’s and assistor’s relative position to yours
    Basically my playstyle is to find a position where the enemies think they are safe but they are open to my firing position. This is called flanking. With this change everybody would immediately be alerted to my position. This is not fair. I already show up on the minimap when I shoot. The enemy already gets shown which direction my shots are coming from. This is more than enough.
    People call it camping. Which is just wrong. To remain in the best position you have to move a lot. Once the enemies are cleared out of the position you have flanked you have to MOVE to flank the next position. You have to constantly think about putting yourself in the best positions. So why should your enemies not have to think, too? Why give them all the information they need for free.
    I seriously hope you reconsider this change as it will destroy my style of play. (and not just mine!!!) I am not exaggerating either. This will absolutely kill any meaningful combat effectiveness I have in this game. I don't care if it is sniping, "normal" Infantry combat or vehicle (mainly tank) gameplay.
    I'd probably quit. (this would be an absolute 100% certainty if it wasn't for my great outfit)
    Thank you for your time.

PS: Trying to flank pubbies will be very hard and flanking outfits will be flat out impossible. 5 seconds and the entire platoon you are fighting knows where you are.
    • Up x 3
  9. Halon

Please. Just stop.

Damage indicators, weapon tracers, sensor darts, motion sensors, scout radar, spotting, thermals, unsuppressed weapons. There are enough ways to detect enemies.

It feels like it's just an anti-sniper mechanic. And with the terrain, amount of useful cover, base design, and vehicle use being being what they are, I think actual snipers have a hard enough time as it is.

I thought a killcam and any derivatives were disliked by the majority and that we had moved passed this.

Is this a PS4 "feature" the PC players are getting for free?
    • Up x 3
  10. Cswic

• Liberators are receiving a few base line resistance increases against heavy hitting damage types.
    • Liberator base resistance to Armor Piercing Rounds increased from -20% to 10%
    • Liberator base resistance to HEAT rounds damage increased from -33% to 10%.
    • Liberator resistance to non lock-on rocket launchers (decimator & default launchers) increased from -87.5% to -70%

So, are similar resistance adjustments being made to the galaxy as well in the same patch? Because ya know, the galaxy is the biggest vehicle in the game and as such is shot at by tanks the most. So yeah.
    • Up x 2
  11. AdmiralArcher

ok the deathscreen is stupid, its like you guys dont even listen anymore

NO ONE WANTS A KILL CAM NO MATTER HOW SMALL IT IS

it doesnt really matter SOE's opinion, it shouldnt be in the game because everyone who commented on the deathdscreen revamp agreed that they didnt want one
    • Up x 3
  12. cc2001

Maybe those'll happen during the galaxy refresh, though it did receive resistance against the light anti-tank weapons.
  13. Cswic

You mean the "galaxy roadmap" update that was supposed to be BEFORE the lib update originally, and now is unscheduled?

Tank shells have been a huge issue for libs and galaxies forever. They should buff both at once, not buff one and leave the other high and dry.
    • Up x 1
  14. DeadliestMoon

Why? Just because you dont like it? Dispite the doomsayers this isnt going to be "gamebreaking"
  15. DeadliestMoon

You dont know that, youre just speculating.
    • Up x 1
  16. NoctD

You must be hard of reading, cause this is exactly what Higby himself said...

• A minimap displaying the killer’s and assistor’s relative position to yours
    • Up x 1
  17. DeadliestMoon

18. TheHandsOfLyr

The death screen has been redone to provide more information. The following can now be seen:
    • A minimap displaying the killer’s and assistor’s relative position to you
    This is so stuipid! why should the killers position be revealed on the map ?/ stop dumbing this game down to help out new players who get taken out by a sniper or someone who has used their brain to position themselves in an area to kill people quite easily, ffs you people at soe are so stupid at times , what else is there going to be ? a facebook link , the persons address, phone number, what they like to listen to ? how much food they ate for the month ? LOl i know my comment is going to be taken dfown but maybe soe should focus their efforts on important things and not stupid voice packs and other items to scam people for their money , and theres no point in buying anything or investing certs into any weapon because in 2 weeks it will be nerfed anyways , but thankfully you guys pocketed other peoples money , I stopped spending money and canceled my membership because theres no value for this game its just slowly turning into one noob friendly game and easy mode, why not add in free aim bots to assist new players to aim better , mine as well do that. Overall this games great and i support it but it seems that SOE dosnt know what they`re doing when it comes to balance,
    Why is the reaver`s rotary still doing 320 dmg and the TR`a 200 ? does this make sense ?
    I can go on and on about stupid balance changes that soe does.
    • Up x 1
  19. DeadliestMoon

Okay, first, "hard of reading" is not a term. What you most likely mean is that i must be illilterate, which i clearly am not because I can read just fine. Anyway, the killcam shows where the killer was at that specific point in time, this is not active radar of one person, and this is does not show what level the killer was on. The only way you would think that this is a detriment is if you is if you like to camp in flanking spots, if so, then do the smart thing and reposition often to keep the enemy guessing.
    • Up x 1
  20. Azarga

After all negative feedback they still insist on pulling this almost-killcam nonsence.
    And buffs to Liberator? And HE-spam-cannon as a new belly gun? Do we actually need more HE spam?

I just wish to wake up and see these patchnotes were a dream.
    • Up x 1