Patch Notes - 3/10

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Higby, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Rellenar

The Liberator doesn't need blanket buffs, it needs modifications to make it fun to play with and against. ESFs are also in this category to a lesser degree. For example, I think it'd be worth trying out a Liberator that dropped out of the sky if its airspeed wasn't high. A lot of the issues with these vehicles are due to the silly amounts of time on one particular target they can get when there isn't enough AA around, and not being able to hoverspam would help with that a great deal while not affecting larger battles much.

Also, while you are looking at the Ranger, the Sunderer Ranger ammo upgrades give it about half a clip each. Not only is it a terribly weak weapon (why not make it on par with something like the Burster MAX? It still needs someone operating it, and in the case of the Harasser it needs two just to do its one-burster-arm's worth of damage) but you run out of ammo almost immediately and there's nothing you can do about it because the upgrades do hardly anything.
    • Up x 5
  2. Reaper

CERT TERMINALS and proper BR and CR Limitations to Balance the game
    • Up x 1
  3. Alarox

I want to preface my post by saying that most of what you guys are doing are good additions to the game IMO. But saying "that's good, I agree" 10+ times isn't useful feedback.

Correct me if I'm wrong. If someone puts composite armor on their Liberator it takes 4 Titan-150 AP rounds to kill them, 5 Supernova FPC rounds, or 7 P2-120 AP rounds?

This means defending yourself against even the WORST pilots is impossible as long as they use composite armor. A Liberator floating in your LOS could kill you before you can kill it. Even in the current game, a Liberator can dive on you at ground level, get hit multiple times by the main cannon, then use Fire Suppression and pitch up, making themselves immune to returning fire and win regardless.

You're just reinforcing this behavior while removing counters that only work on bad pilots.

I see no way in which this could be a positive addition to the game. The only times I ever find myself dying to someone when I don't know where they are is when they're specifically playing in a way that forces it. You're hampering stealth by adding a mechanic that experienced players will abuse to no end.

I don't see why the Dalton needed an AI nerf. If the problem is that the Zephyr wasn't being used as much, then it isn't because the Dalton is better at AI. It is because the Zephyr is bad for defending yourself against enemy aircraft, and it isn't good at killing vehicles quickly.

The Shredder and the Dalton can be used effectively against ESFs and Liberators in most situations, while having good TTK against vehicles and solid AI potential. The Zephyr clearly outclasses them in AI.

The reload adjustment to the Zephyr is good, but it could use a slight direct damage buff and 25m/s more velocity. Then people would consider using it over the Dalton and Shredder as a general purpose weapon.
    • Up x 2
  4. Sovereign533

The game doesn't need more indicators of where you were shot. It removes a bit of the situational awareness that is key to be good in this game. It punishes the person that found a good place to shoot from.
    • Up x 5
  5. Shuguard

First off thank you for buffing the ranger. But the ranger still suffers from a lack of ammo. At max rank the ammo capacity doesn't even go past 600 ammo total. While max rank walker can go to about 3000+ ammo. The projectile velocity of the ranger is also way too slow to reliably hit air targets.
    • Up x 2
  6. LLancaster

Everything sounds good except the giving away enemy positions.

Honestly, most of the time you're dying in a large fight. Who killed you from what position is kind of irrelevant. Most players are moving from one capture point to the next and everything in between doesn't really matter. So if I'm fighting at or near a tech plant that the enemy owns, I know that there will be guys AT the tech plant who want me dead. There are enough indicators already to let a player know where abouts the enemy is.

I think, all the space used to express where the last guy who shot you is, could be used to display way more useful information or enlarge other information already present in the death screen. Besides, a blip on a 2D map means diddly squat when players are on a 3D field. "Oh look, that guy is somewhere in the tech plant. Wonder which level he's on....."

Now I could totally understand having something like this in a game with less people playing at once. For PS2, there are so many bullets, grenades, shells, missiles, and lasers flying about that in the end, does it REALLY matter how you died? Sure give me the name of the guy so I can track him down and do unspeakable things to his corpse. But I really only want that if I'm out in the middle of no where and it's just me and him.

Tactically, there are so many pings on the mini-map that I really only pay attention to individual ones when a base changes ownership. And again, if I'm out in the middle of no where and it's just one guy sniping me or whatever, I'll find him eventually by the damage indicators alone OR I'll move on cause one on one fights are fast and can get boring quickly.

In short, showing where the guy who killed you is, even just on the minimap, for a large scale game like this is low priority for the majority of players (I think) and a waste of screen real-estate.
    • Up x 1
  7. Schwak

Bugs:
    Tank buster and Vector both sound like the walker.
    Dalton sounds like a Zepher.
    Cannot visually see fired rounds from gunner view.
    New belly gun (maybe also the new tail gun, I cant remember) have 360 view.

Complaints:
    All the TR LMGs sound like TMG-50s.
    100 m/s on the new belly gun is brutal. 150 m/s should be the absolute lowest velocity it gets.
    Making the bloom on the new belly gun the same as the Saron HRB would be better. The first shot should always be accurate on mounted weapons.
    Showing enemies on the map ruins stealth gameplay and the advantage of good positioning. This is also a huge nerf to the prowler which is strongest at killing other armor from a distance while remaining unnoticed. All you will have to do is tell your squad where the enemy vehicle or person is and bam.
    Please return the tank busters ability to 1 clip base turrets. If not back to the original state then make it 44 rounds to kill. This was one of the liberators most important roles before it was changed.
    4% buff against flak isn't a significant enough change to warrant using composite on a lib. Currently Nanites are a priceless upgrade on flying vehicles because of the advantage of not having to land and make yourself vulnerable. The tank shell resistance is great and all but concentrated flak is the worst thing to fight against. This really needs to be buffed up to 25-30%.

The new liberator nose gun looks like it will be pretty OP to be honest. It should be scrapped and the vector should have free look (with the new sound of course because its awesome)
    • Up x 1
  8. Spacelife

Way to go overboard on the buffing! All this will amount to is Liberators replacing ESF in any role. I can already see the lib zergs flyin around whackin' the AA turrets and skygards with nothing to be done about them, bar a lib zerg of your own.

They buffed them against everything, except other liberators.... Even Decimator gets nerfed against them lel as if it isn't impossible enough to hit a non-****** twice with it.
  9. KakerMix

I'm sorry, what?
    Who is proposing this stuff? Nobody is asking for this and nobody wants it, yet here we are, some more steps on the march to removing elements of skill. I get that Planetside has a difficulty curve approaching vertical but punishing an attacker is really dumb and isn't going to draw in new blood. SOE would have better luck hiring on people to play as squad leaders to shepard new players.

This is awful what the heck Higby
    Seriously look at this:
    [IMG]
    Can we get an option to turn the death screen off and just get dumped directly to the map screen? It's frustrating as all heck when I'm staring at some enemy's stat page when I don't care beyond knowing what weapon did it, maybe the name.
    • Up x 8
  10. Copasetic

Big thumbs up for the new TR carbine sounds, they're great!
  11. Teoke

Everything on the patchnotes seem good.

EXCEPT
    This cannot make it into the game.
    If you took your time to get a good vantage point, you should not be punished for it just because you happened to kill someone.

We were against "killcams" before, and we're still against killcams in any iteration now.
    • Up x 8
  12. disky00

Some more thoughts on the death screen:

Aside from the fact that the killer's location shouldn't be shown on the minimap, I feel like most of the rest of the information is superfluous. Why do I need to know which medals the player is currently working toward? Why do I need to know how many certs or ribbons he has? He's just some guy that killed me, I don't care about his progression in the game. It just looks like some of the stuff was placed there to take up screen space.

It's too busy. I'd remove a lot of the unnecessary information, make the important stuff more prominent, move the character model closer to the center and place the information (loadout, etc) to its left in a column format.

I guess that's basically the way it was originally. Seriously, I'm not trying to troll, but here we are.
    • Up x 7
  13. Nyscha

Don't like the information of where the killers position is one bit...
    That stuff needs to be removed ASAP.
    • Up x 4
  14. Westy543

On the death screen - what about context sensitive advice? The current iteration that shows the location is just going to have players tunnel vision to find their killer and probably die again to them. Give them some feedback on the class that killed them. Was it a shotgun? Warn them about rounding corners. Was it an Air Hammer or Banshee, maybe rocket pods? Warn them about hiding inside when aircraft show up. Warn players who drive over tank mines to be careful of driving on roads despite the speed advantage.

If players die to flak in an aircraft, suggest them to cert into fire suppression. Suggest flares if they die to lock-ons. Give them feedback on getting too close to enemy fighters if they die to a rotary, that kind of thing. This is a step in the right direction, but not quite what could be done to actually inform newer players how to avoid more deaths like the one they just had.
    • Up x 2
  15. Chazt

Not a fan of showing people where they got shot from, seems pretty stupid.

Way overboard with lib buffs, a good liberator could already take a base with the minimum amount of infantry helping on the ground, they seemed practically invincible before when they could bombard the ground forces to all hell and then take 4 hawk shots from my squad and just float away laughing. Now they are getting more resistances -_-
    • Up x 1
  16. Korfax124

In regards to the Deathscreen change with the minimap:

I don't think that people should know the exact spot of their killer and/or the assistant. Instead, give players an idea of where the shots came from by drawing a V-shape that is highlighted from the spot where they died. This will give people, Infiltrators in particular, a much smaller reason to be upset, and give the Suppressor the extra ability of increasing the V-shape when a target is killed by a suppressed weapon.
    This will help players get an idea of where they got shot from and, in return, give Snipers some chance to safely relocate.

To the Liberator chances:

I didn't see anything that indicated some data on gunner status for the Pilot. Does that mean that it's on hold or completely out?

Otherwise, I think it's an ok update, especially because BASRs finally get the Staight Pull Bolts :D
    • Up x 2
  17. kadney

Mh, the main problem I have with the Ranger is the slow bullet velocity. I was hoping to see a little increase there, maybe +50m/s. Yet the magazine-certification needs to be adjusted down the road, relative to the ammo pool.

Regarding the new liberator weapons (Belly- and Tailgun), the cameraposition is broken at this moment.

Really appreciate this.

• Don't know what to think about this.. I understand that you need to earn money but the question is, where do you draw the line? Will the other weapon attachments be the next? Vehicle weapons afterwards? And last but not least certifications? Worries me a little bit to be honest..

Wasn't able to test it yet, but this sounds like: If I am able to lock-on an enemy within 400 meters, and do not loose it, the missile will follow the target for another 300 meters if I maintain the lock?
    Sadly this bug is still around. Can you please fix it in the progress?
  18. Nyscha

No information should be given about your killers location..
    There is audio and visual cues to where your killer was.
    • Up x 5
  19. disky00

Depending on the angle of the highlight, that may actually be a decent compromise. I'd rather have nothing at all, but if the devs are insistent then this is the best solution. Just as long as the angle isn't too narrow.
  20. NinjaTurtle

With all due respect why should a situationally unaware player be rewarded with this information and a player that has used positioning, flanking and skill be punished?

I'm curious as to why this is even considered a good idea to punish smart play.

The player base is unanimous with the feedback that it is a terrible idea and yet you are proceeding with the implementation.

This WILL cause players to get fed up and leave. If they use smarts to win and that is effectively removed why bother playing anymore. You are rewarding players with no awareness.
    • Up x 6