Patch Notes - 3/10

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Higby, Mar 10, 2014.

1. HadesR

Not sure that it does but that's a moot point ..

Player A should not have to relocate or keep moving Due to Player's B lack of situational awareness ..

If an Infi / LA / HA or w/e get's into a good position that's either tactical or sneaky then fair play to them .. They should not be penalized because they Dev's want to add console crutches ..
    • Up x 6
  2. Tecbunny

Two things I dislike

One the straight pull bolt should not be on ALL snipers.

Keep it off the Rams .50 and equivalents, it will make the others have more of a niche.

Two the kill cam.

This idea has been shot down by forumside a few times every time the devs bring up a kill cam, I wish you would listen.
    • Up x 1
  3. Progapanda

I don't think libs should get aim assist A2A weapons, or atleast they should be as ineffective as Ranger. Coyotes have already made most of the remaining dedicated A2A ESF pilots I know quit flying.
    • Up x 3
  4. Ravenorth

Just went to test server only to find out that Phantom is still not fixed, is it too much to ask that you do what you promised on the patch notes? If you´re not going to fix Phantom, then bring Impetus and KSR-35 back to the same iron sight transition speed that Phantom is stuck with.
  5. Ripshaft

Please do not go through with this. Situational awareness is one of the largest gaps between the creeps and the players, and this is way, way, way too much of an artificial crutch.

The bad players lack the ability to operate alone so they group up with a ton of people, as a solo player you feed off their poor play by abusing their total lack of ability to determine your angles of attack. They still get rezzed, but they're none the wiser.

This is a bad idea, do not do it.
    • Up x 6
  6. Riddlley

The liberator update looks solid. Will open up a whole new play style for strafing runs and the like. Could also play it like a harrier, using the nose gun to blow things away. I need to get on test.

I'm not too happy about the deathsceen at the moment. IF this has to be implemented, it should be restricted by BR. If at all. This is a direct nerf to every stealth play style. All of them. My stealth prowler literally will become suicide on catipillar treads. It seems targeted to MLG rather than new players to me.
  7. Wezdor

Thoughts so far: Love the new reticules, the spur is AWESOMELY fun, the duster is absolute garbage, buff the blast radius to 10m or make the spread half as much as it is now, the hyenas are fun and seem rather balanced, the guns on the lib are bugged in some free look mode so i can't judge the new angles. The buffed ranger is also nice, but since you increased the default ammo capacity, remember to increase the upgraded ammo you get from magazine size upgrades! It's still only +12!

There seems to be no reason to use the duster over the zepher as it is underpreforming in every possible aspect. I like the idea of a carpet bomber, but the bombs need to have splash then, not what they have now.

EDIT: definitely not a fan of the death screen. It should tell you the general direction of the killer, if anything, but not his precise location.
  8. axiom537

I think this is a bad idea. If a player has put themselves into a very good position, their position should not be revealed, just because they made a kill.

Like pretty much everything wlse...Absolutely hate the above mention change to the death screen.
    • Up x 3
  9. Hajj Podge

If a Liberator is flying in a manner where I can hit it with my AP cannon, it deserves to die in two (or three, with fire suppression) hits.
    • Up x 5
  10. Jezz

Then why are there optics on all of the guns that are designed for low alt work? themal and NV? also if it was an actual bomber we would also have free fall bombs. sorry bud lib is a gun ship, better complered to the C130 or dare I say even several attack helicopters
  11. DevDevBooday

I think the reason for the Dalton nerf is to make the new and old weapons more enticing alternatives, atm the Dalton is pretty anti-everything and there would be no reason to choose any other underbelly with it as it currently is
  12. DeadliestMoon

So player A gets to camp a flanking spot or go on a longer killstreak with Stalker cloak without ever feeling the need to reposition? Smart players will reposition anyway despite killpics (its not a camera). You're just saying no to it just to say no.
    • Up x 1
  13. axiom537

As a Liberator Pilot I agree. It sounds like the AP change will basically be the same as before, it does less damage but it still takes the same amount of rounds to kill. Only the Heat and HE rounds are going to require an additional round to kill.
    • Up x 1
  14. Alarox

There's two more things to take into account:
    1.) The change means that more is required from a Gunner. If a Liberator dives on an AP/Enforcer Vanguard, it will take 2 AP shots and 6 subsequent enforcer shots to kill him. Not including fire suppression.
    2.) Composite means you don't really even need to worry about tanks.
  15. DeadliestMoon

Yeah and each itteration they gain more people who are okay with some sort of killcam. This one, with one minor tweak, is what will make it through.
  16. cc2001

I think most of the Liberator resist changes are good. Composite had to be significantly better to make it a viable choice compared to NAR. In the air you can't hop out quickly to repair like on the ground so NAR is many times more important in the air.

It is dishonest to suggest that the only liberators hit by tank rounds particularly the fast Titan-AP is due to the pilot being bad. If regular tankers (particularly Vanguards) are being honest with themselves they use that main gun as AA all the time. The deaths from that gun against aircraft are too high to simply be because pilots are bad.

The only one that is questionable is this: Liberator resistance to non lock-on rocket launchers (decimator & default launchers) increased from -87.5% to -70% I've only ever been hit by one of those when hovering or close to it. I get hit by tank rounds plenty though when not hovering and even high in the sky.
  17. BoomBoom4You

Suggestion: Don't display the location if the killer had a silencer equipped. I never use a silencer and your suggested change would only benefit me, but for the snipers who do use it, this is a bad design, especially for a game where most everyone is communicating via TeamSpeak. It really impacts that playstyle negatively.
  18. Wezdor

True, but still, a kill cam is NOT a good idea and should NOT be implemented in any itteration.
    • Up x 2
  19. NoctD

Liberatorside 2.0 is upon us... as it is today, Libs are already the absolute best high BR farming vehicles in the game.

There will be no counter to Libs besides other Libs, they're just too good at everything... plus with a free look main gun and much more effective tail gun, forget trying to counter Libs with ESFs.

I guess if you want a one dimensional game that has only one vehicle at the top of the food chain, then this update will surely do it.

And direction death came from indicators? You're spoon feeding the bads far too much... if people can't even figure out how they got killed, they need to develop their situational awareness. This won't make them better players in any way.
    • Up x 2
  20. SkepticJerry

That just takes a bit of practice, the damage and ammo buff was sorely needed.