Parallax should 1-hit headshot players w/nanoweave

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhilDun, Mar 3, 2013.

1. PhilDun

That article clearly indicates that these rifles are supposed to one-hit players except heavies who have their shields. "only a Heavy with his shields turned on has a chance to survive a hit to the face from one of these bad boys."

Can we get a dev comment on when the bug will be fixed?
  2. Kurreah

Anyone done the testing as to whether those weapons have damage decrease over range?
    That could explain it.
  3. PhilDun

Just confirmed - even at close-range, Parallax will NOT one-hit-headshot an enemy w/nanoweave
  4. Vaphell

FFFFFFFFUUUUUU-
  5. CommodoreFrank

There's a lot of incorrect information on this thread, namely in the character health department. Level 5 nanoweave gives a 25% bonus to HEALTH, which equates to an extra 125 health on the 500 every character has, giving a total of 1125 damage before death (1025 on an infiltrator).

750 x 1.5 = 1125, enough to one shot any character in the game assuming maximum damage, so technically, every bolt action rifle in the game is capable of killing any character in one shot. The issue here is that nobody knows what the damage dropoff on sniper rifles is, since it isn't in the weapon data sheets.

I don't really have much of an opinion on the matter, because I tend to only use the close range sniper rifles and only break out the Bolt Driver on rare occasions, but people really need to get their information straight before they start trying to make arguments.
  6. SgtBreastroker

Aim for the head.
  7. PhilDun

Then tell me why bolt-action rifles are not 1-hit-headshotting enemies with level 5 nanoweave.

When you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
  8. Revanmug

Ironic. Sniper have a 2x multiplier. Can easily be test on a HA with a full powered mesh (700 damage mitigate) with HS (aka, I did it a week ago). The 1.5X has always been assumed by people that couldn't bother to test and believed that bolt action had no damage drop off.

The damage degradation on bolt action is more than just "heavy". At less than 10m, a tier 3 bolt action will deal its 1600 damage. At 300m, the damage will be around 1000.

Please, can people get their info right?
  9. CommodoreFrank

You're right about the 2x multiplier. Everything I ever saw in people's "tests" suggested 1.5. It did make sense adding the numbers for the 1125 damage. Anyway, I did a test for myself with a friend and the Gauss SPR. I'm definitely taking other people's "tests" with a grain of salt from now on.

[IMG]

If you count it out, it's 12 bars of health gone, which is 300 plus the 500 shields, meaning the 400 of the rifle was doubled. Basically, this means the dropoff on the bolt actions is a bit more extreme than I ever imagined. That would mean the 800 damage snipers get at least a 30% dropoff in damage at their max range if not killing rank 5 nanoweave users, which is more than even carbines.

Of course, bolt actions might even have a different multiplier than the semis. It's just really hard to test that without a lot of time and guess work. It's probably safe to assume they're the same, though.
  10. PhilDun

11. TheBaronofSD

i concur with this. as both NC and TR with the rams/longshot i have connected 5 times and not killed a heavy at extremely long range. granted, none were head shots but at close ranges 2 body shots always does the job. however this has occurred quite a few times enough that even without absolute empirical proof i know there is drop off.
  12. PhilDun

13. Revanmug

Just finish reading most reply in this thread for fun. It is amazing the amount of idiot that believe their opinion matter when they don't have a single clue of what they are talking.

Going to requote my older post in the hope of helping a few brainless people. One can hope.

The problem is not nanoweave. It is the damage degradation from bolt action that is more than simply ******.
    • Up x 1
  14. zaspacer

... and then a month later (or however long it takes to sell a bunch of the new guns) add Nanoweave Armor 6 (or buff NWA 5, or nerf new gun, etc.). And you've effectively pendulum swung/reset the "need bigger gun"/"need more armor" SOE see-saw-balance player farming cash machine.

After all, isn't that what MMOs are all about? Boost HP -> Get Bigger Gun -> Boost HP -> Get Bigger Gun...
    • Up x 1
  15. AnnPerkins

can we get a SOE response?
  16. Izriul

Owning the parallax myself, and also being an impatient mofo who can't sit still for one second, making the sniper class pretty boring all round for me, no, no it really does not need to OHK. If it did OHK every single time, then I would probably play nothing but sniper.

It makes the whole cert system redundant if you add exceptions to things when those things are specifically designed to counter them and leave the player with a choice.

If you take the choice out, what's the point? It would be another useless shooter with a pointless level up system.
  17. PhilDun

still no response
  18. PhilDun

You realize we're talking about headshots, right? Not one-hit-kill in general?
  19. FateJH

You'll find that it doesn't matter whether we're talking about the head or the body.

If you're going to quote flavor text then I shall relent; that's my limit; but, if the problem is damage fallout, then maybe the problem is not enough flavor text. In the end, really, we're all punishing ourselves because SOE doesn't talk about every little detail of how the gunplay works. Their rating system only focuses on a handful of points when the reality is that "other stats" dictate the utility of the weapon and any discrepancy with how the game actually works compared to the lofty writing is seen as a bug, mistake, or such, and a reason to upset the applecart of "balance." This is most notable with the battle rifles - looks useful on paper, not as useful as any other automatic in general.
  20. JudgeDeath

I see no problem with nano making you survive that headshot.

Choises choises, with nano you get gibbed so much easier by mines and explosive projectiles of all kinds. With flak you would survive those so much better but get oneshotted by sniper headshots.

You cant have it all.