Opinions on Mattherson/Waterson Merge?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Posse

Because you can't spell Drama without DA.

(it isn't DA vs ZAPS though :p)
  2. Spacedad

The only one (aside from PS2) of those you listed that I've played is WoW, and there have been many goon leaderships there that have come and gone over the years with their own hosts of varying degrees of drama. I played for one period early on where being a member was like walking on eggshells if you were newer to the game because there were jerks in charge - then I left WoW for a long period and played later 'under new management' and the people were pretty nice when I came back for frozen throne and later cataclysm.

Meanwhile, I also used to play with in Guild Wars 2 with goons, and the experience was overwhelmingly positive overall at least while people's interest in the game lasted to its peak. We would actively work together with our server's organized guilds to coordinate WvW stuff a lot. I come mainly from that experience with that attitude, and see it happening here as well with us working together with other outfits - we're even working together with outfits on the other factions when we play those on alt-ops nights.

As for PS2, whatever you know about the goons from how they've behaved in this game in the past - we are 'under new management' at the moment here as well in PS2, and have been for at least as long as I started playing regularly as of sixth months ago or so. The people presently in our group are here to help the server and game get better and generally have good attitudes.

I have no idea about any of that, and haven't had anything to do with that. I'm guessing this went down before the current people in charge of my outfit? Or was this a different game? Either way it's not anything I would have anything to do with.

My point is that whatever reputation that people from our forum have from other games, you still need to regard us as individuals and not presume that we're always around to cause trouble. In the case of this game the general attitude shared by people on the outfit mumble channel is we do want to make the game play better for people on the server. We're also frequently on the test server to try new stuff and give feedback to the devs.

Side note - I'm an animator who's actually going to be working on making some PSA-type propaganda to help new players understand game concepts that I'll be putting on youtube later on. (Partly as practice for me learning toonboom harmony and various science experiments with flash.) I'm hoping this kind of stuff will help foster further goodwill around here really too.
  3. Posse

We prefer to be compared with Floyd Mayweather, please.
  4. PlatoonLeaderG

I still remember the insults of VS when ZOE was around,dont try to play innocent from all 3 factions on Mattherson VS were the worst.At least now we calmed down.
    • Up x 1
  5. VSDerp

Friendly reminder Mattherson is still the best..I would love to fight along side my vanu peeps from waterson. but i'll never admit any other server is better than mattherson. yes connery might have better fights & pops but they don't have the fun drama,big egos,and RP players.
    • Up x 1
  6. DQCraze

Conditioning is everything, reputations are very hard to shake and sometimes you never do. You have to as patient with the community as can be, remember they didn't start this, your tag did. You'll have to do the work now with little empathy from the community.
  7. TeknoBug

Oh nothing compared to C4'ing a tank because the tank didn't go over the TE guy's landmines and having him TK me for it, or parking an AMS Sundy behind some rocks only to have TE blow it up with AV turrets just so they can park their's, and accidentally TK'ing BCP resulting in his entire platoon TK'ing me over and over... yeah, F* that.
  8. KoS-1

This kind of stupid thread again!!!

Waterson needs more peeps. We don't need the trash, white trash, from Mattherson thou.

Please, please don't!!
  9. VSDerp

why we gotta be white trash?
    • Up x 2
  10. Spacedad

True, but I'm sure you can also understand how two wrongs don't make a right. And I guarantee you that of everything said about players from our forums, only about maybe 1/3 of it at the most is true. Most of it is invented by people who always presume we're out to do bad. You can see an example of this in action with the guy who bumped one of our libs, died to a friendly accidental dalton shot, and then started tking all of our members that he could find - because he'd heard the rumor that we're a TK outfit so therefore he jumped to wholly incorrect conclusions and will probably go on to spread more incorrect rumor about us by telling his pals about that awful GOKU lib who tked him. When really he was the awful tker, and using us as scapegoats.

Similarly, when we first started doing our alt-ops nights, there was a command chat meltdown by one of the people there who presumed we were all out to do bad and went on a huge rant against us. We were actually there to play in good faith, and the TR command all know this now thankfully, but it was really embarrassing and rather telling about the individual who did it. He held up command chat during an alert for like 5 minutes on a tirade against us that did more damage to the TR cause than anything he incorrectly presumed we might be conspiring to do.

Bit by bit I'm sure we can reform our image. But do bear in mind we're very much about tough love, and tend to not suffer fools lightly. So you will see outfit people taking the piss out of those who are over-reacting or being egotistical drama bombs from time to time. We really don't invest that much emotionally in the game ourselves so we find a certain amount of schadenfreude in seeing people who forget that this is just a game and have their puzzling time-wasting meltdowns.
  11. Epic High Five

FLOAT LIKE A REAVER

STING LIKE WHEN I PEE
    • Up x 1
  12. DQCraze

Hmm something similar happened to me yesterday when a GOKU lib tank busted us while hovering outside the warp gate. We were shooting at some maxes that were blockading our warp gate. When asked what his problem was he stated we were shooting him???? We were nowhere near him. This started a whole tk fest at the warp gate. Seems like tking friendlies isnt the exception as I have now been a victim of intentional tking by GOKU members myself. Perhaps you should check your members better.
  13. Haemoglobin

He's not Wisdomcube... all hail the cube!
    • Up x 1
  14. Spacedad

Yeah, you were the guy in my story. I wanted to keep you anonymous but you sadly walked right into it. There's an extensive chatlog of you and one of our members who was puzzled why you started tking us.

Here's what happened: You rammed some of us and then clipped a dalton shot. Then you blamed us because 'tk outfit' and started to basically become what you thought we were. You also had 'why tking people not even connected to who tked you' is wrong explained to you multiple times and apparently still don't comprehend. I'm not sure what else we can say to you, really.
    • Up x 1
  15. PlatoonLeaderG

Because we are clean trash!
    • Up x 1
  16. DQCraze

See and this how it starts, you were clipped by another lib that was there. We were above you watching everything. You then tank busted us for no reason.

Trust me I know the difference between a Dalton shot and a full tank buster clip.
  17. Spacedad

I'm just going by what my outfit said - three of them say that you rammed them and then got clipped by a dalton. It's possible they could be mistaken and only the latter is true - that you got hit by a stray shot.

However - It is true you're the one who started tking at warpgate, and we didn't mean to shoot you down. Maybe you should have asked the guy who hit you for an explanation before you went on your inexcusable rampage.

Also, it was apparently 3-4 of you doing the warpgate tking. Your outfit has some explaining to do for your conduct, I'm sad to say. Because the rest of your outfit seemed to be chill with fighting the TR with us.
  18. Epic High Five

This is fantastic. When I say that Mattherson is the fuedin' hillbilly server of PS2 I'm not joking. Yes, we fight amongst ourselves and posture and taunt, but don't think for a second we won't rally together against any outside interjectors caphet baggahs if they decide to force themselves into our world and start passing judgement.

At the end of the day, in the eyes of Mattherson, the worst of Mattherson is better bedfellows than the best of anywhere else, because we're the rootinest, tootinest server there ever dun was and ain't no high-falootin city-folk gonna take from us our pride.

I haven't seen a single Matthersonian say something to the effect of, "oh god don't merge us with Waterson" but quite a few of them other folks are yellin just that. Who's a-scurred a' who den huh :smug:
    • Up x 8
  19. Epic High Five

Reputation is literally "what have you done for me lately + what firepower can you bring". GOON is apparently the most reviled bunch of hard-headed ******** on the NC yet I'm never at a loss of people willing to work with us because we can be relied on to punch above our weight and honestly, we're not bad people. Just...whimsical, at times. And unforgiving of sh*tlords, on account of I'll personally TK any goon that is forgiving of sh*tlords
  20. VSDerp

ya IGROWWEARYOFTHISWORLD is right. ingame i always talk about his SLUG LYFE slogan and be wanting to kill him with rest of his goonies but off game and on the forums i'll have his and any other mattherson player back since they are my brothers at the end of the day! Mattherson is a big dysfunctional family.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.